What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Zappa "Halloween" DVD- Audio (new & sealed)

King Crimson "Red" CD/DVD-Audio Japan mini LP (new & sealed) Even came with a promo box.

Macy Gray "The Trouble With Being Myself" SACD (no slip case looks new)

Depeche Mode "Black Celebration" SACD/DVD (new) Thanks, Mobster for the Depeche Mode!

Texas "Careful What You Wish For" SACD (new)

Beach Boys: Pet Sounds (DVD-A)

Surf City Allstars: I Get Surround (DVD-A)

What type of case does that Allstars disk come in? Is it one of those skinny-hinge super jewel cases or something more replaceable if broken?

Finally got a copy of Kodo's Mondo Head on SA-CD for a reasonable price (under $20 shipped) via Amazon. While not my cup of tea musically speaking, the sound quality is outstanding :)

What type of case does that Allstars disk come in? Is it one of those skinny-hinge super jewel cases or something more replaceable if broken?

It's a proper, sturdy DVD-A case. Larger than a CD.

The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East (2 x SACD)
The Doobie Brothers - The Captain And Me (DualDisc with Stereo DVD-A on one side and MC DVD-A on the other. First time I see such)

The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East (2 x SACD)
The Doobie Brothers - The Captain And Me (DualDisc with Stereo DVD-A on one side and MC DVD-A on the other. First time I see such)

Its not a DualDisc as both sides are DVD format (rather than CD & DVD) - its a Double-Sided DVD - probably a DVD-10, sometimes known as a "flipper"... I have a few of these... The Pet Sounds DVD-A, Audio by Blue Man Group, & an EMI Classics Holst DVD-A. Flippers were more prominent in the early days of DVD....

Some early DVD movies were "flippers" with 4:3 aspect on one side & 16:9 on the other!!!!!!

Its not a DualDisc as both sides are DVD format (rather than CD & DVD) - its a Double-Sided DVD - probably a DVD-10, sometimes known as a "flipper"... I have a few of these... The Pet Sounds DVD-A, Audio by Blue Man Group, & an EMI Classics Holst DVD-A. Flippers were more prominent in the early days of DVD....

Some early DVD movies were "flippers" with 4:3 aspect on one side & 16:9 on the other!!!!!!

You stop never learning... I checked my Pet Sounds and Blue Man Group and they have DVD-Audio on one and DVD-Video on the other side. But my Doobie Brothers has DVD-Audio on both sides (not only on the label). That's what I wondered about :)

Markus

Nektar - Journey to the center of the Eye SACD
Schiller - Leben SACD

Now, that is strange. I don't remember mine being like that. Don't have it anymore to check, but I know I never had to check to see what side I was inserting.

I've now got the Japan SACD version. Just arrived today.

You stop never learning... I checked my Pet Sounds and Blue Man Group and they have DVD-Audio on one and DVD-Video on the other side. But my Doobie Brothers has DVD-Audio on both sides (not only on the label). That's what I wondered about :)

Markus

Interesting.... A flipper with DVD-A on both sides.... never seen that before.... so its stereo on one side and 5.1 on the other....

I thought the main reason (in the early days) they did DVD-A flippers was so they didn't have to author a hybrid DVD-A/V, but this is a different (but still "in spec" approach)....

Dave Koz - The Dance - DVD-A (New/Sealed)
R.E.M. - Document - DVD-A (New/Sealed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back