What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been bargain hunting lately. I picked up Graham Nash - Songs For Survivors DVD-Audio for about 5 bucks. Also, got a copy of Bare Naked Ladies - Everything To Everyone DVD-Audio for $1. Also, Blues Traveler - Truth Be Told DVD-Audio for $3.50. It's a Silverline title, so not the greatest surround mix, but definitely worth the price.

where are you shopping?

where are you shopping?

It's all online. I think a couple of the titles I bought were single copies by private sellers. Graham Nash was used, but in perfect condition. Blues Traveler was used and in perfect condition also. Bare Naked Ladies was new. I think I found one of them on Ebay's www.half.com. One came from Amazon I think and the other from www.redtagmarket.com. I have just been doing general google searches and have stumbled on a few places to buy other than Ebay.

Today there was a grand opening of a Goodwill store less than a mile away. While digging through the CDs, I came upon a DVD-Audio case. It is a JVC sampler called The DVD-Audio Experience. This was not for sale in stores. I read here somewhere it was given away with other DVD-Audio discs sold at Tower Records.
This is obviously one of the first DVD-Audio samplers ever produced. Here is the track listing:
1. Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies
2. Heart of Gold - Neil Young
3. Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 (Mvt. 2)
4. Lucky Man - ELP
5. Moonjogger - Fourplay
6. Love Her Madly - The Doors
7. Dvorak's Symphony No. 9 (Mvt. 4)
8. Sugar Magnolia - Grateful Dead
9. Feels Like The First Time - Foreigner
10. Breathless - The Corrs
11. Plush - Stone Temple Pilots

That looks awesome! I want to get my hands on that, especially for the ELP and Neil Young tracks... I could never get into those guys, but love those two songs. Added to the shopping list.

Just picked up IL Divo DVD-Audio(for under $5) because my wife loves this group. Listened to it tonight and it's actually pretty pleasant listening.

Oscar Peterson - Exclusively For My Friends Vol. 1 : Action

Won a sealed copy on e-bay for a fraction of its value.
Almost feel bad for the seller, normally he/she would have made at least triple what it went for.
You win some, you lose some.

I can't believe you only got this now....:)

Well.... I was pretty lazy in collecting in the past. I'm pretty sure I'm still missing some jewels everybody else has. So I'm carefully watching this thread for input. E.g. your post "Rob Thomas - Something To Be - Dualdisc - DVD-A" made me looking at Amazon.de... and voila I found a copy (not Dualdisc but 2 discs, I just fear it is 5.1 in DD only) for < 5 Euro with shipping 15 minutes ago :)

Markus

Well.... I was pretty lazy in collecting in the past. I'm pretty sure I'm still missing some jewels everybody else has. So I'm carefully watching this thread for input. E.g. your post "Rob Thomas - Something To Be - Dualdisc - DVD-A" made me looking at Amazon.de... and voila I found a copy (not Dualdisc but 2 discs, I just fear it is 5.1 in DD only) for < 5 Euro with shipping 15 minutes ago :)

Markus

Got mine on our local version of "flea bay" cheaper than shipping from US or Europe (y)...

Markus - You should use the surround polls to check out other titles to get also - as well as the hi-rez poll.

Hallo Markus, thanks for the info!

My dualdisc copy (US) has full-blooded 96/24 MLP content in Audio and DD @ 48 in Video folder. However, the 48/24 LPCM stereo track is accessible from both sections, as well as the extras are. Overall, this case is apparently very similar to the one with the Simple Plan album Still Not Getting Any...

Hm, I really might consider getting the two-disc version, too, just like I did with the Talking Heads discography as this is pretty decent album and mix (by Jimmy Douglass: Missy Elliott - Miss E... So Addictive DVD-A, Marvin Gaye - Midnight Love SACD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back