What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat Metheny Group - Imaginary Day (DVDA)
Foreigner 4 (DVDA)

Love both of these.
Great mixes!
Although , to me. the PM is somehow...too long for my taste, but the music is outstanding! (Wish they could have done a MCH of "As fall Wichita...")

The Foreigner 4 I bought when it came out back in 1981 on LP...played it so much that I think it "ran away", it's one of those few LPs that is no longer in my collection-I have really no idea how it happened! It has a few "filler" songs, but it's an enjoyable ride overall...

Enjoy!

:smokin

AWESOME!!!!
Enjoy and prepare yourself for one of the most unorthodox MCH mixes ever...one of my faves...I recommend the DTS 96/24 because of the very basic but effective "visuals"---

I really need to give this another chance, as I hated the mix on this years ago.. I trust your ears Kap'n, so I'll try it out again soon and see if I "get it" now!

Love both of these.
Great mixes!
Although , to me. the PM is somehow...too long for my taste, but the music is outstanding! (Wish they could have done a MCH of "As fall Wichita...")

The Foreigner 4 I bought when it came out back in 1981 on LP...played it so much that I think it "ran away", it's one of those few LPs that is no longer in my collection-I have really no idea how it happened! It has a few "filler" songs, but it's an enjoyable ride overall...

Enjoy!

:smokin

two ringing endorsements, Kap'n!

I've been meaning to get Foreigner 4 for so long, can't wait to sit down and take it all in!
The Pat Metheny was one of those Warner First Waves I'd totally overlooked all this time.

Can't wait now!

Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - Act Your Age (DD-DVD). If this sounds as good as the other DD 5.1 mixes of the band I'll be more than happy. It seems there is no need for a DD production to sound bad.
Sugar Hill Gang - Best Of The Sugar Hill Gang (DVD-A)

Markus

Found Faith Hill's "Cry" dvda at amoeba LA for 5 bucks.

Funny its been there for years and nobody has picked it up, until now, lol. its ok

Depeche Mode - 101 SACD

Completed my Depeche Mode SACD collection

Who Sell Out SHM-SACD mono/stereo. Never heard this album before. It's excellent. There's even a bit of Tommy in it.

It's amazing. Very analog sounding. Been playing it all day, and it's still going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back