What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my eye on that Faith Hill DVDA for some time.

I believe it's another great Elliot Scheiner 5.1 mix.

Looking forward to see what you make of it when you have the time to listen through it, Marcus :)

It's a Elliot Scheiner 5.1 96/24 but I did not listen to it yet. My pile of stuff I need to listen to is very long and the EURO 2012 soccer cup eats a lot of time :)
I got the DVD-A at EUR 12 incl. s/h so it was a no-brainer to buy.

Markus

Jamie Cullum - Twentysomething (SACD)
Edgar Winter - Jasmine Nightdreams (DTS-CD)

Great additions to your collection! I think you're gonna love both of these!

The Jamie Cullum SACD sounds amazing, fidelity-wise and the mix is very effective with lots of discrete rear-action.
I hope you didn't have to pay through the nose for it now? I picked it up years ago on Amazon UK (new) for about £10.

I think you may already know how i feel about the Edgar Winter DTS! Its a sleeper STUNNER!!

Kwad Kitty has hidden my credit cards so I won't decide to replace my Perception DVD-A's with screeching SACD's. Besides, will the $270 SACD box come with a peep hole?

maybe Kwad Kittys hidden your cards because they don't want you to buy a load of cat-freak-out ScreechyAudioCDs..?!? :D

haha!! for $270 I'd want it to come with its own gloryhole! ;)

Great additions to your collection! I think you're gonna love both of these!

The Jamie Cullum SACD sounds amazing, fidelity-wise and the mix is very effective with lots of discrete rear-action.
I hope you didn't have to pay through the nose for it now? I picked it up years ago on Amazon UK (new) for about £10.

I think you may already know how i feel about the Edgar Winter DTS! Its a sleeper STUNNER!!

I always watch for cheap offers. Cullum was GBP 18 incl. shippment to Germany.

Markus

It's a Elliot Scheiner 5.1 96/24 but I did not listen to it yet. My pile of stuff I need to listen to is very long and the EURO 2012 soccer cup eats a lot of time :)
I got the DVD-A at EUR 12 incl. s/h so it was a no-brainer to buy.

Markus

ah yes, the football/soccer.. did you hear there's a free concert on the day before the Euro 2012 final by the surviving members of Queen, together with Adam Lambert and Elton John? WOO!

can you imagine how big our SACD/DVDA piles are going to get when the Olympics starts!? ;)

that was a no-brainer on the Faith Hill, thats the cheapest I've seen it in some time. good job!

that's fantastic! i bet that's the cheapest its come up in some time too! you're an eagle-eyed shopper aren't you Markus!

can you help me get Pete Tosh's Legalise It on SACD nice and cheap please? ;)

Most of my lucky purchases are < EUR 20 :) But for Peter Tosh below EUR 100 I seems to need a wonder!

Markus

ah yes, the football/soccer.. did you hear there's a free concert on the day before the Euro 2012 final by the surviving members of Queen, together with Adam Lambert and Elton John? WOO!

can you imagine how big our SACD/DVDA piles are going to get when the Olympics starts!? ;)

that was a no-brainer on the Faith Hill, thats the cheapest I've seen it in some time. good job!

I simply watch amazon.de and amazon.co.uk for used copies... That's the whole trick :)

Markus

Most of my lucky purchases are < EUR 20 :) But for Peter Tosh below EUR 100 I seems to need a wonder!

Markus

most of my <£20 SACD & DVDA purchases were years ago before everything went through the roof (!) but there are still some nice surprises even nowadays.

i know.. the Pete Tosh SACD hardly ever comes up now for anything approaching a price any sane person would pay!

I simply watch amazon.de and amazon.co.uk for used copies... That's the whole trick :)

Markus

Good tip!

I've got some nice things off Amazon.de in the past (particularly Warner DVDAs which I presume having been manufactured in Germany, hadn't travelled far!?) and Amazon UK is usually my first port of call for new releases of just about anything now (Music, Movies, Games, etc..) as its so competitive price-wise.

Good tip!

I've got some nice things off Amazon.de in the past (particularly Warner DVDAs which I presume having been manufactured in Germany, hadn't travelled far!?) and Amazon UK is usually my first port of call for new releases of just about anything now (Music, Movies, Games, etc..) as its so competitive price-wise.

I also sometimes look at amazon.fr ... but shipping costs are sometimes way to high. At co.uk they are always low.

I can't imagine that there are many people willing to pay EUR 100 or more for a single disk... but if you look at the shocker list you see these people really exist.

Markus

Markus

I also sometimes look at amazon.fr ... but shipping costs are sometimes way to high. At co.uk they are always low.

I can't imagine that there are many people willing to pay EUR 100 or more for a single disk... but if you look at the shocker list you see these people really exist.

Markus

Markus

yes, the shocker list is quite scary!

it's frightening how much people are prepared to pay for these things, they must have masses of disposable income to afford some of these prices.

the net effect is it drives the prices up for enthusiasts on more modest budgets and the record companies and artists involved gain nothing.

there's a market for high-res/DVDA/SACD/quad reissues, that cannot be denied.

the music industry should be re-releasing all this stuff so they get their cut and so the artists get their cut, rather than forcing the market underground.

the necessity of quad conversions by dedicated enthusiasts and collectors in the absence of official releases are almost all that help keep quad alive.. and of course people who can't afford to, or refuse to pay such crazy prices for these things are naturally forced into alternatives, including (illegal) downloading/copying etc.

the sum total is this crazy situation we're now in, where demand outstrips supply and 10 year old SACDs are trading for 10, 20, even up to 100 times (in the case of The Scorpions SACD) that of their original retail price.

"Record company stupidity is killing surround music."

My last 3...

Seal- Best 1994-2003 DVD-A (the acoustic tracks on here sound amazing!)

Depeche Mode- Speak and Spell / Songs of Faith and Devotion SACDs

Moloko - Statues SACD (impatiently waiting for arrival!)

My last 3...

Seal- Best 1994-2003 DVD-A (the acoustic tracks on here sound amazing!)

Depeche Mode- Speak and Spell / Songs of Faith and Devotion SACDs

Moloko - Statues SACD (impatiently waiting for arrival!)

can I ask you LivingForever, how much you paid for the Moloko SACD and where you found it? Thanks :)

I found it on an eBay auction, I was the only bidder! I think I paid about £30 including shipping, so not exactly cheap but significantly less than the Amazon marketplace price...

This one showed up from Japan today. Roman Trilogy. Respighi.

Attachments

• roman_trilogy_shm_sacd.jpg
    roman_trilogy_shm_sacd.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back