What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't picked up mine yet. How is it? Do you have any other copies to compare it to? I've four of them.
I like it. I used to have the AF Gold CD version, but thought it sounded deader than a cassette. I'm thinking the problem with the AF Gold version was that they used HDCD and if you don't decode the HDCD the results may be unfavourable. I've heard it on vinyl. Sounded pretty good except for the surface noise.

"Narrow Path" - Josh One (CD + DVDA).

Even though it only has the dreaded Dolby Digital logo on the back it is in fact a genuine Advanced Resolution 24-bit/96kHz DVD-Audio.

It's rather nice. Background/party kind of laid-back 'beats'/trip-hop.. chill-out.

not a huge amount of rear channel activity (or centre channel for that matter) but what there is, is mostly discrete at least, some double stereo but there's also discrete percussion, guitar strums, etc in the rear..

..and.. very pleasant surprise, the overall sound has not been compressed/maximised to death, as I expected! a healthy bit of volume and it sounds much more involving.

It helps that its so cheap! The UK seller on eBay i bought it from has it new for approx £3.. including postage!

"Narrow Path" - Josh One (CD + DVDA).

Even though it only has the dreaded Dolby Digital logo on the back it is in fact a genuine Advanced Resolution 24-bit/96kHz DVD-Audio.

It's rather nice. Background/party kind of laid-back 'beats'/trip-hop.. chill-out.

not a huge amount of rear channel activity (or centre channel for that matter) but what there is, is mostly discrete at least, some double stereo but there's also discrete percussion, guitar strums, etc in the rear..

..and.. very pleasant surprise, the overall sound has not been compressed/maximised to death, as I expected! a healthy bit of volume and it sounds much more involving.

It helps that its so cheap! The UK seller on eBay i bought it from has it new for approx £3.. including postage!

Thanks - I'll give this one a go...if I can get him to ship to NZ...

Machine Head - Deep Purple (SACD).

Yeay! I finally got it! For real-world money!!

£19 and it is in mint/as new condition, it looks like its never been played! :banana:

(its the 2003 EMI UK pressing with the original Quad mix, not the recent Warner DVDA 5.1 mix reissue on SACD.)

So.. I now have every version of "Machine Head" I could possibly want!

Bob Dylan - Love And Theft (SACD)
Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home (SACD)
David Bowie - Young Americans (DTS-DVD)
Bruce Dickinson - Balls To Picasso (DVD-A)
Richard Thompson - The Old Kit Bag (DVD-A)
Gene Simmons - Asshole (DVD-A)
Foo Fighters - In Your Honor (DVD-A)

Dr. Chesky's Magnificent, Fabulous, Absurd & Insane Musical 5.1 Surround Show SACD :51banana:

Larry Chernicoff - October - SACD (Ordered this based on the Peter Primamore SACD)
Jean Pierre Ferland - Jaune - DVD-A (Finally!!!!)

LAGQ - Spin (SACD)
George Benson - Songs And Stories (DTS-DVD)
Geoff Tate - Geoff Tate (DVD-A, DualDisc)
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies (DVD-A )

Just found my first (and only) DVD Audio disc from a thrift store for a couple bucks..Acura DVD Audio Demo disc....has a bunch of really good songs on it...Oh Yeah!

Bob Marley And The Wailers - Soul Rebels (DVD-A)

To my knowledge there are six MC SACD by Bob Dylan. If so, this completes my collection of Dylan SACD
Bob Dylan - Another Side Of Bob Dylan (SACD)

Markus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back