What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since joining the forum and becoming aware of Porcupine Tree first through the Bluray version of Anesthetize I have splashed out

The Incident
Fear of A Blank Planet
Lightbulb Sun
Stupid Dream

and am waiting the reissue of Deadwing and In Absentia on DVD-A

my favourite is Fear of A Blank Planet by a narrow margin, they are all so good. Steven Wilson and the band are truly brilliant....... and I thought prog rock had died a generation ago.:D

Since joining the forum and becoming aware of Porcupine Tree first through the Bluray version of Anesthetize I have splashed out

The Incident
Fear of A Blank Planet
Lightbulb Sun
Stupid Dream

and am waiting the reissue of Deadwing and In Absentia on DVD-A

my favourite is Fear of A Blank Planet by a narrow margin, they are all so good. Steven Wilson and the band are truly brilliant....... and I thought prog rock had died a generation ago.:D

They are re-issuing Deadwing and In Absentia for real?

Gavin Harrison "Circles" DVD-A and Elton John's self tiltled "Elton John" SACD.

Both are welcome additions.:smokin

In re Carly Simon "No Secrets" new and sealed DVD-Audio. I suppose I got lucky. I got it off Ebay for a very good price. Plus I had a little over 10 dollars in Ebay Ebucks to sweeten the deal. Would you have been able to resist?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350397878448&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Congrats on the purchase, but it's still a travesty when buying a DVD-A for $50 plus is a good price when they were less than $20 new. Why can't the music industry see that there are tons of late adopters to both sacd and dvd-a formats that may make printing more discs sensible?

Just a rant...

DVD-A

King Crimson - "In The Wake Of Poseidon"
King Crimson - "Islands"
Jeff Trott - "Dig Up The Astroturf"
Phil Kline - "Around The World In A Daze"

SACD

Rolling Stones - "Hot Rocks" (stereo)

I already have Hot Rocks on LP and CD and have since purchased almost all of the other RS DSD remasters so I finally got this one again. Too bad the Beatles remasters were not DSD as well. (I'm still hoping they will be released on BD at a later date).

Dennis - What did you think of the Phil Kline?

Tim

Not Dennis but I find his stuff pretty fascinating. It's the kind of thing I cannot play frequently but whenever I stumble on the recording, it is a delight.

Kal

Latest Multichannel-SACD in my collection:

Brahms - A German Requiem (Janowski, Pentatone)

SACD is often said to be dead, regarding the Classical genre, this is obviuosly untrue. The year 2010 has seen more than 400 new titles released yet in this domain, and there are several more about to come. As i am fan of both multichannel and classical music, i am currently buying 4-5 SACD a month.

Congrats on the purchase, but it's still a travesty when buying a DVD-A for $50 plus is a good price when they were less than $20 new. Why can't the music industry see that there are tons of late adopters to both sacd and dvd-a formats that may make printing more discs sensible?

Just a rant...

From my experience it doesnt matter what things used to go for. Only what they go for now. Gas used to be 75 cents a gallon. I was collecting comic books for many years. I make my decisions based on a few simple things. 1. Can I get the same thing for less money 2. Would it be easier for me to come up with the money or to find the item again. If finding the item is easier then I have no problems spending the money provided I can afford it. Also I average costs in the scheme of things. I recently found a copy of O'Jays Ship Ahoy SACD at a used record shop for 8 dollars.

Just a rant...
Not to mention the early adopters that sold some of theirs without thinking it through first.

From my experience it doesnt matter what things used to go for. Only what they go for now. Gas used to be 75 cents a gallon. I was collecting comic books for many years. I make my decisions based on a few simple things. 1. Can I get the same thing for less money 2. Would it be easier for me to come up with the money or to find the item again. If finding the item is easier then I have no problems spending the money provided I can afford it. Also I average costs in the scheme of things. I recently found a copy of O'Jays Ship Ahoy SACD at a used record shop for 8 dollars.

I understand the logic. I too have spent quite a fortune in the last 4 months acquiring all the sacd's and dvd-a's that I could find to my liking. As everyone is aware who are into high resolution music, it's just frustrating to know that we are unable to acquire OOP music and any new material in the 2 dying formats. I'm sure I am not the only person buying music that I never would have considered buying because there is not much selection in the two formats. It's all been part of the chase...

I'm sure I am not the only person buying music that I never would have considered buying because there is not much selection in the two formats. It's all been part of the chase...

That definitely describes my buying habits in the SACD era.
Seems crazy to buy anything just because of the format.
But of all the "blind" SACD purchases I've made I could probably count the duds on one hand and I have discovered lots of great music.

Unfortunately for me the chase is becoming increasingly expensive to the point where there are titles I have simply stopped looking for.
My wish list now consists mainly of discs still in print, mostly MoFi and Analogue Productions, so that reduces the urgency somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back