What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaco Pastorius Big Band - The Word Is Out! (SACD)
Studio Voodoo - Fire & A Prayer (DTS-DVD-R)
Randy Newman - Little Criminals (DVD-A)
Yellow Note - We Love Everybody... You're Next (DVD-A)

Lennon - Legend - CD/DVD - wasn't aware of this until recently... :yikes

Lennon - Legend - CD/DVD - wasn't aware of this until recently... :yikes

not played it for ages (years probably!?) but I remember it being a good selection of songs, nice surround mixes, a slightly weird selection of videos in some instances and the sound quality being good if a bit overloud/compressed..

..but I need to give it a spin to refresh the old grey cells..!

Pink - I'm Not dead, Dulby

I SOOOOO wish this had been an SACD back in the day and not a DolbyD DualD..
The surround mix is very nice and the albums terrific.. but sonically it's hamstrung by the Dolby.

plus getting through the menu's/video etc to actually play the damn thing in surround (it defaults to stereo on my setup) is a complete PitA without the TV on. ah well..

I SOOOOO wish this had been an SACD back in the day and not a DolbyD DualD..
The surround mix is very nice and the albums terrific.. but sonically it's hamstrung by the Dolby.

plus getting through the menu's/video etc to actually play the damn thing in surround (it defaults to stereo on my setup) is a complete PitA without the TV on. ah well..

yes way to much video befoe you can play the music.

yes way to much video befoe you can play the music.

If the music is good it makes sense to extract just the music with the wanted music tracks and create a self-starting DVD.

Another good sample is Fischerspooner #1 Ltd. Edition. You need to click so many slow animated menus to listen to the excellent surround mixes. And to listen to the remixes available in 5.1 as well you have to switch menus and select 5.1 again. Impossible without TV and with TV a pain. A little bit of work worth for some selected titles.

Markus

Lynyrd Skynyrd/DVD/A; not a big Skynyrd fan, but a 3 disc set for $11.88, is too hard to pass
Sound quality is fine, all around. Anything in my 2012 Acura TL/Tech/ELS sounds amazing
Not DSOTM, but not many are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back