What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ELP - ELP - DVD-A
ELP - Tarkus - DVD-A

Interestingly both were sealed....

I now have both the albums in the picture below in 5.1 mixed by Steven Wilson - yeah!!! :phones

attachment.php

In addition to Emerson, Lake & Palmer and Tarkus which arrived earlier this week from Amazon UK, today I received my very first order from Burning Shed: Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet and The Incident.

What do I play first? :)

FEAR OF A BLANK PLANET!!!! AND REALLY PAY ATTENTION TO ANESTHETIZE (with Alex Lifeson form Rush)!!! and WAY OUT OF HERE (with Robert Fripp)

Live At Carnegie Hall - Lang Lang (SACD),
Bel Canto - Renee Fleming (SACD),
Wagner: Arias - Bryn Terfel (SACD),
Schubert: Piano Sonata D568, Moments musicaux D780 - Mitsuko Uchida (SACD),
Sibelius, Violin Concertos - Akiko Suwanai (SACD).

I paid $70 for it and it is near Mint condition, so not Scorpions-stratospheric by any means!

Hmmm ... I picked up 3 copies when Borders (an American book/music store) went under.
I opened one to play, and I still have 2 sealed copies. I guess I should relist them and see what happens.

I don't get the Scorpions price..I mean, it's not even that good of a disc!...ridiculous...

The last time I saw one on eBay, I passed on it because it was ALMOST $50 !!! That was quite some time ago.
I also got sucked in to ordering one from DVD4Music ... so two bad decisions regarding the same SACD.

Hmmm ... I picked up 3 copies when Borders (an American book/music store) went under.
I opened one to play, and I still have 2 sealed copies. I guess I should relist them and see what happens.

I PM'd the Kap'n about it but I might as well give a precis of my recent experience here.

I reckon nobody bid (I was only the 2nd bidder) because the seller had next to no description, plus they started the auction too high, but most importantly they used a poor quality stock photo, all of which I think put people off.

Fwiw, I'd start it at a reasonable price, say $20, to entice people in, with a reserve of say $50, get a couple of good pix of the sealed item and a decent description.. and it should fly! :D

The last time I saw one on eBay, I passed on it because it was ALMOST $50 !!! That was quite some time ago.
I also got sucked in to ordering one from DVD4Music ... so two bad decisions regarding the same SACD.

I too passed on The Scorpions (on amazon at £100 about 4-5 years ago). just how it goes isn't it? you win some, you lose some. still, I'm determined to find a copy at sensible money one day.

that DVD4music bastard should be clapped in irons - he's a fraudster, pure and simple.

They weren't on eBay, so they were listed at a fixed price on an audiophile site ... along with a number of other sealed SACD and DVD-Audio disks that I bought when the store was liquidating. It probably makes more sense to sit on everything for a bit. They don't take up much room, and I would rather trade anyway.

Yeah, that Simon character at DVD4Music is a piece of work. He has a real persecution complex. He told me that all the bad press he is getting is from his competitors who don't like his low prices. When I pointed out that his "low prices" meant nothing if he couldn't deliver, he did not take it well. I eventually got MOST of my money back, but he drags it on for so long that a credit card chargeback becomes difficult. I hounded him until he paid up. It wasn't a lot of money, but scammers really piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back