What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police Outlandos SHM SACD arrived today from wherehouse.com. Shipped in amazon.com style heavy cardboard mailer. Nice!

Just received some of the SHM SACDs including the SHM SACD Sampler. Loved the Getz & Gilberto and 10cc tracks on the sampler. Very detailed and rich sonics there.

Thelonious Monk Straight no chaser and Bowie Scary Monsters sacds. Found at a Fry's Electronics. Rare to see any hirez in stores anymore.

Eagles - Hotel Cali ~ still sealed. Have not been able to make myself open it yet.
Sinatra - Live At The Sands
Rod Stewart - Great American Songbook

Eagles - Hotel Cali ~ still sealed. Have not been able to make myself open it yet.
Sinatra - Live At The Sands
Rod Stewart - Great American Songbook

I'm a firm believer in, "You can't take it with you." I also have paid king's ransoms for certain titles. The paranoia of did the seller just re-seal a disc case with nothing in there also makes me open the new title purchases.

I thought I would check the dates of my last SACD and DVD-Audio purchases. Are things really this dead? My last SACD purchase was June 2008 and my last DVD-Audio purchase was Steve Wilsons disc back in February 2009. So sad.....

How about the rest of you?

My last five discs: Porcupine Tree - The Incident (DVD-A), King Crimson - Red, Lizard, In The Court Of The Crimson King (all DVD-As), and Chicago - Chicago Transit Authority (Rhino Handmade Quadradisc) which has the DVD Audio logo on the disc and the package, but is in fact DTS and Dolby only. In four-channel sound, of course. In my humble opinion, these are all examples of some of the better surround discs in DVD format that are out there. In particular, what Steven Wilson did with the King Crimson releases is amazing.

I've got seven of the SHM SACDs, and I'd have to say I like Steely Dan - Aja and The Police - Synchronicity the best so far. It's looking like two-channel all the way though, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I'm a firm believer in, "You can't take it with you." I also have paid king's ransoms for certain titles. The paranoia of did the seller just re-seal a disc case with nothing in there also makes me open the new title purchases.

Thanks for the added paranoia. I did not think of that!

Dire Straits SHM SACD arrived 2 days ago. It took about 20 minutes to get the disk sleeve out of the "case". It was stuck somehow. I did all kinds of things to loosen it, then all of a sudden it came loose on it's own.

Who - Tommy
Genesis - Trick of the Tail
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection
Elton John - Elton John
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
David Crosby - IICOMMN

I think the guy's talking about flipping, or reselling, his unopened Eagles Hotel California dvd-a.

DualDiscs are 'flippers'. They play both sides.

I know you meant to turn around and sell it... you might get more enjoyment from the disc listening to it than the $30 you would get for it. :)

I agree whole-heartedly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back