What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice one. Is Propaganda well known and still remembered outside Germany?

Markus

Well, when it came out I was living in Boston and it was quite popular...
I remember getting the remix cd released about the same time(Wishful Thinking), which I played more often than the cd iitself and I bought for a LOT of money as an import in Tower (RIP)...only to find out that it was very pentiful and quite easy to find...

BTW, great Surround disc...and you won't miss anything on SACD since it was recorded (and/or mixed) digitally-44/16...

OOH it sounds SO good!!! (y)
Yes, I dithered for ages about getting it. Don't know why as it's still relatively inexpensive.

I'd like the first Dire Straits album to be done in 5.1 as this sat on my turntable for months.

I don't really know if they are now Markus, I kind of doubt it.. the general music scene here probably has no clue about them now, more's the pity!

still, its an SACD I didn't buy when they were still cheap and easy to get.. and it's been on my sa-cd.net wish list ever since the prices started to go up.. the usual story.. blah blah!! so I'm happy to have found it at last for not a complete arm and a leg.. and look forward to hearing it, hopefully tonight! :D

I know what you mean... I missed Toto iv m/c and Wings Band on The Run DTS. It seems these are getting pricier every time I hunt after them...

Markus

Britney Spears - In the zone. I bought this for £60 based on the recommendations of you guys here.

Britney Spears - In the zone. I bought this for £60 based on the recommendations of you guys here.

ah nice, you bought that one that came up over Xmas on eBay! (y)

great disc, price about right at this point, maybe a teeny bit high £'s.. but worth it I reckon.

the mix is great and the condition will be superb, that seller is one of the best surround guys on there and they normally auction so it was cool they offered their latest stuff as Buy It Now's, less hassle all round really :)

"sensible" means less than USD 100?

Markus

$56 USD., its in absolute pristine condition, looks unplayed.

its "only" the Purple label disc, in a regular CD-sized jewel case.. and not the "fixed" version with the yellow disc, so it has the couple of seconds intro missing from the title track.. but I couldn't pass it by at that price at this stage of the game.

$56 USD., its in absolute pristine condition, looks unplayed.

its "only" the Purple label disc, in a regular CD-sized jewel case.. and not the "fixed" version with the yellow disc, so it has the couple of seconds intro missing from the title track.. but I couldn't pass it by at that price at this stage of the game.

I guess this is a real bargain.

A shame that the 2010 re-release on 2CD plus DVD did not come with the 5.1 tracks. That's the way they do not make a sale to me.

Markus

I guess this is a real bargain.

A shame that the 2010 re-release on 2CD plus DVD did not come with the 5.1 tracks. That's the way they do not make a sale to me.

Markus

a relative bargain i guess, its still too much money for an old CD! ..but I've been holding out to get this one "cheap" for so long, I'm done waiting now! Plus a lot of these very early (1996?) US DTS discs aren't easy to find here in Europe, so it was a no-brainer.

same here Markus, I would definitely have bought that 2010 CD/DVD Band on the Run set if it had a surround mix of the album on it.. make that two lost sales! :D

ah nice, you bought that one that came up over Xmas on eBay! (y)

great disc, price about right at this point, maybe a teeny bit high £'s.. but worth it I reckon.

the mix is great and the condition will be superb, that seller is one of the best surround guys on there and they normally auction so it was cool they offered their latest stuff as Buy It Now's, less hassle all round really :)
Yes, I've had a listen and sounds great, lots of rear speaker action. Maybe a bit bright in places. There was a mark on the disc despite the case being wrapped but it plays ok.

I thought I would check the dates of my last SACD and DVD-Audio purchases. Are things really this dead? My last SACD purchase was June 2008 and my last DVD-Audio purchase was Steve Wilsons disc back in February 2009. So sad.....

How about the rest of you?

Keith Emerson "Godzilla Final Wars" on DVD-A and a Denon dvd called "Film Busters"....

Yes, I've had a listen and sounds great, lots of rear speaker action. Maybe a bit bright in places. There was a mark on the disc despite the case being wrapped but it plays ok.

sorry to hear that :(

some DVD-A's do get a bit loose and spin around in their jewel cases in transit, even if they are still held in place and don't actually come away from the hub holder, so even new discs can have marks/scratches on them.

annoying but there you go.. not nearly as annoying, or common, as some of the other inherent disc scratching packaging out there, including..

- very tight disc hub holders on SACD cases and Digipacks, resulting in them cracking the centre of the disc when you take them out if you don't heavily depress them with your thumb/finger first (even from new!),
- weak disc hub holders on Sony single layer SACD cases (identical to CD cases, with grey plastic but with SACD logo's embossed on them, instead of "Compact disc" logo's), for some reason the little teeth on a lot of these SACD cases are very weak and bust as soon as you look at them (!!),
- discs in cardboard without paper sleeves that scratch on the cardboard itself as you take them out (also from new!),
- or the big box sets where discs fall about all over the place and get scratched to buggery before you even get to play them..!!!

GRRRR...!!!! :mad:

Got a Michael Jackson Thriller SACD from FYE for about $40 after using about $40 store credit. Would have been about $80 otherwise. Yikes! What a rip-off. Even has a few scratches on it and the slipcase is missing. My fault for selling mine awhile back. I assumed I'd just find another soon enough, but I waited too long.

I would like to get the DVD-A of Two Against Nature if ever it should be available for a reasonable price

In spite of that, spurred on by the state of the Slowhand DVD-V, I bought Eric's Slowhand and 461 Ocean Boulevarde SACDs for reasonable prices

Grateful Dead - American Beauty - DVD-A
Ministry - Animositisomina - DVD-A
Ministry - Sphinctour - DVD-A

Gloria Estefan SACD - Greatest Hits ( Brand new & sealed - £70 - GULP !!...in perfect condition though. )

Not sure what i think yet....Sony artist, no surprise there....they must have thought, this might be worth doing in surround, especially as there's a lot of percussion going on.....

Is that the Hoffman mastering on that ? Same as the DCC ?
Has anyone heard both? Which has more bass? A good track to compare for this purpose would be Little Sister. I'd be very annoyed if I bought the SACD and it had less bass than the DCC gold CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back