Requesting Updates for the Anthology/Sampler Discography

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little follow-up to the Q8 record clubs.
Mark, take note of the "Donny Osmond" Q8 ( unfortunately the Q8 # is lacking)

Thanks for the update. That is one to ad to the Not Released list. You have to wonder if the record club listed it on purpose knowing it did not exist just to appeal to the younger market to get them to sign up and then "wooops" that one is not available. I don't recall seeing that one as a kid but would have missed it being distracted by the other titles on the page. The prices were always appealing but just not the same as the non club issues.
What label were the Osomnd's on? I can't access my complete collection at the time ;)

It's always fun to see images from the past, thanks again.

They were on MGM and that is so completely far-fetched!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so.

Considering it would be Q8 ! There are many Q8'S out there that are far more obscure in my opinion.When it comes to Q8 any and many artists were released as a quick quad sell, for a lot of crappy quad eight players, installed cheaply in a lot of automobiles for instance.It was initially the top quad format for the 70's.

"And they call it....puppy love"

Italy entry for this:

* Esto es El Sonido Cuadrafonico. 1 J 066-05012 1 (SQ) [Spain], SQ4-01 (SQ)
[Venezuela]
{Same as This Is EMI Quadraphonic Sound. Q4DD 1}

* This Is EMI Quadraphonic Sound. Q4DD 1 (SQ) [UK], Q8-DT 1 (Q8) [UK],
Q4HDD 1 (SQ) [Australia]

* Questo e' il suono quadrifonico. Q8-DT 1 (Q8) [IT] Produced by EMI Italia for Voxson car stereos.
{Same as This Is EMI Quadraphonic Sound. Q8-DT 1}

Also this one that i posted some times ago

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/for...pe-added-to-your-pile-q8-q4.14938/post-372645

No artist given, on Concept4 label, owned by Ampex; correct me if i'm wrong, but all Concept4 label releases were of Famley Guitar Band and in similar style, i can presume the same for this cart. By the few info i found years ago FGB was a Ampex in-house band when they tried to launch their label, never found who was playing into FGB.

Italy entry for this:

* Esto es El Sonido Cuadrafonico. 1 J 066-05012 1 (SQ) [Spain], SQ4-01 (SQ)
[Venezuela]
{Same as This Is EMI Quadraphonic Sound. Q4DD 1}

* This Is EMI Quadraphonic Sound. Q4DD 1 (SQ) [UK], Q8-DT 1 (Q8) [UK],
Q4HDD 1 (SQ) [Australia]

* Questo e' il suono quadrifonico. Q8-DT 1 (Q8) [IT] Produced by EMI Italia for Voxson car stereos.
{Same as This Is EMI Quadraphonic Sound. Q8-DT 1}

Thanks winopener for taking the time to review the page and the update. I updated the EMI listings so take a look when you can and let me know if I did not get it right. If you have a photo, please post it.

Although I have not heard these actual releases I do not believe they are quad recordings as the disk matrix number is the stereo version and these titles were not released in quad elsewhere. I think it is just another example of a cover and/or label printing error. My list so far for Vanguard is

BUFFY SAINTE-MARIE -The Best Of. Vanguard VSD-3/4 [2LP] (SQ) NOT QUAD
BUFFY SAINTE-MARIE -Native North-American Child An Odyssey. Vanguard VSQ-40027 (SQ) NOT QUAD
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH -The Life And Times Of Vanguard [2 LP] VSD 27 [France] NOT QUAD
Vanguard ‎– VSD 61-62 [France] NOT QUAD
VANGUARD The Best of the Chicago Blues. Vanguard [2LP] VSD-1 [France]
VANGUARD The Great Blues Men. VSD 25-26 [2LP] [France]

Also this one that i posted some times ago

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/for...pe-added-to-your-pile-q8-q4.14938/post-372645

No artist given, on Concept4 label, owned by Ampex; correct me if i'm wrong, but all Concept4 label releases were of Famley Guitar Band and in similar style, i can presume the same for this cart. By the few info i found years ago FGB was a Ampex in-house band when they tried to launch their label, never found who was playing into FGB.

I do not recall seeing this one before so thanks for bringing it to my attention. Do you have any additional photos that show the catalog number?
I also am not sure how to list it. If it is an Ampex label act I would list it under Ampex and identify it as Concept 4 Italian Hit Parade

I do not recall seeing this one before so thanks for bringing it to my attention. Do you have any additional photos that show the catalog number?
I also am not sure how to list it. If it is an Ampex label act I would list it under Ampex and identify it as Concept 4 Italian Hit Parade

Cat. n. 30186Q, no artist name given anywhere.

Thanks winopener for taking the time to review the page and the update. I updated the EMI listings so take a look when you can and let me know if I did not get it right. If you have a photo, please post it.

37076743_2018537265126197_2334217315517726720_n.jpg

The cart in the center

London CD-4 Demonstrations (NAS-507)
mfg. by King Records, Japan (1974)
NAS-507-London-CD4-Demonstrations-LP-1.jpgNAS-507-London-CD4-Demonstrations-LP-2.jpgNAS-507-London-CD4-Demonstrations-LP-3.jpgNAS-507-London-CD4-Demonstrations-LP-4.jpgNAS-507-London-CD4-Demonstrations-LP-5.jpgNAS-507-London-CD4-Demonstrations-LP-7.jpg

Side 1:
1. Hello, Dolly!
2. Night and Day
3. The Impossible Dream
4. Oklahoma (Medley)

Side 2:
1. I Love Paris
2. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
3. Spanish Eyes
4. The Girl From Impanema
5. Good Morning Starshine
6. I'll Never Fall In Love Again