Lou Dorren's new CD-4 Demodulator - Extra Cartridge/Stylus request thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
We are getting close to the appearance of the new Lou Dorren CD-4 Demodulator, which will include a "new technology" CD-4 Cartridge and Stylus that, according to Lou, is testing at remarkable separation results.

In order to facilitate his ordering of the cartridges and stylii, he needs to know how many people who will be ordering demodulators will also want to order extra cartridges and extra stylii.

If you are interesting in ordering additional cartridges or stylii to go with your demodulator, please reply in this thread so Lou can get a count for manufacture.
Only those who order a demodulator are allowed to order extra cartridges and stylii, as per an agreement that Lou made with Grado.

The cartridges will be Grado Prestige Gold units with the eliptical stylus removed and retipped with a shibata tip. Each stylus will be tested by Lou before shipping.
For more information about the cartridge and it's spec's, see the latest thread posted at QQ by Lou.

Pricing will be as follows:

Extra Cartridge: $ 150.00 (US)

Extra Stylus: $ 100.00 (US)

Thanks

PLEASE NOTE: All financial transactions will be between the purchaser and Lou Dorren. There is no QQ financial agreement involved, no mark up, no kick-back, nothing. You will be buying directly from the manufacturer! :D

To all that view this thread,

The new demodulator comes with 1 High performance Grado Prestige Gold pickup with Shabata stylus. This thread is for letting me know how many extra pickups and replacement stylus will have to be built. By agreement with Grado Labs, only owners of the new CD-4 demodulator can purchase extra pickups and replacement stylus.

If you have any questions ask me on the other thread.

Lou Dorren

So we now MUST buy the cartridge to get the demodulator? Is that correct? I have always hated Grado cartridges.

Hello Quadzilla,

First point is that all new demodulators will come with this high performance pickup. Second point is that I have spent over a year testing pickups and this combination of the Grado Prestige Gold with a Shibata Stylus is probably one of, if not the best pickups for stereo and CD-4 reproduction I have ever tested. Performance wise it actually exceeds the performance of my 451 semiconductor pickup. When you hear this pickup you will be impressed!

Lou Dorren

If we already ordered extra styli in the demod pre-order list, should we post the the request for extra styli again here?

Anyway,
here my previous order:

1 Demod w. Catridge/Stylus + 2 spare styli

count them from here or there.

Getting excited :banana:

OK, Y'all:
Think about it. Is not the cartridge just a stock Grado cartridge fitted with a Shibata tipped stylus? Will not the cartridge last far longer than the stylii, possibly for many years? So, why waste money on an extra cart, when the first one will be under warranty?
Y'all might want to revise your orders to stylii only. That's what I intend to do. If my cartridge fails after the warranty runs out, I will buy a stock cartridge from Grado, and fit it with the good Shibata stylus off the bad cart. So, put me down for two extra stylii, and no extra cartridges.
The Quadfather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back