Steven Wilson - new solo album

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for Neil: will you be authoring the Blu-ray in a way where basic audio playback can be achieved without a monitor?

Is there going to be a blu-ray version without the 120 page book? I hope so.....

I have Insurgentes with the limited edition book, but I really just want the music (in hi-rez 5.1 of course)......

According to Steven's facebook page (a new post today):

A stand alone blu-ray edition will also be available.

I ordered the deluxe package, from Burning Shed. Even though it's available thru Newbury for the USA when I did the math it was still cheaper from Burning Shed.

Still cheaper even with overseas shipping?

Well, it seems that Newbury has adjusted their shipping charges a couple times since first offering the package - it started at about $5 which was somewhat obviously in error, went up to about $29 and then back down to $11. Whn I had checked it was at $29 which indeed made it more expensive...at $11 it's close to equal, depending on the days exchange rates.

Is that for real??
Like, the real Steven Wilson has time to Post in a Forum.

Yes, it is apparently really him - he joined in response to some other questions.

But now....what's this other remix he's talking about...another reference to Aqualung or something else?

I just received a review copy of the CD! I'll give it a spin over the next week and report back.
Shame he picked SHF to join and not here. Here is where he's worshipped for his 5.1 mixes. Over there, well, ........

I just received a review copy of the CD! I'll give it a spin over the next week and report back.
Shame he picked SHF to join and not here. Here is where he's worshipped for his 5.1 mixes. Over there, well, ........

I thought he was already a member here, just not revealing his name, but guess not. Yes, shame he has not posted here where the Multi-Channel action is, and instead the dribble that is SHF. But perhaps he might be able to persuade some of those "Stereo Only" cement heads there to consider adding a few speakers to the systems they already own and at least consider Multi-Channel as another listening option. I suspect a lot of folks are doing this for movies already and are just starting to listen to MC music as more "must have" titles are being released. The upcoming Pink Floyd box sets with Blu-Ray will do much in this regard.

Anyone know what configuration this is or is it another false info from Amazon, I see it on Amazon.ca as well as a preorder choice:

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Drownin...=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1313504440&sr=1-2

Would this be a cd and bluray as I can't see this being the deluxe edition with book etc.

peter

that would be the double CD.

Here are some links I've found to order the Blu-Ray edition...

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8584098 ($16.89 U.S. + shipping)
http://www.cdwow.ca/blu-ray/grace-for-drowning/dp/22729657 ($19.99 CDN & free shipping)

I can't find the Blu-Ray on Amazon.ca or Amazon.com yet.

Hello. I would wait until you see the stand alone Blu-Ray item listed at Burning Shed, then pull the trigger at the other sites if you wish. Just to be confidently safe. Thanks.

Back