Steven Wilson - new solo album

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Blu-ray doesn't appear on Amazon now, but is still available for pre-order on CDWOW and CDUniverse.

Burning shed is out of stock for the limited edition:

Currently SOLD OUT of our allocation ahead of the 26th September 2011 release date.

There is a good chance a few more will be made available to us in 2-3 weeks.

Single Blu Ray edition now available from Burning Shed! http://www.burningshed.com/store/stevenwilson/ Just pre-ordered mine.

After an interminably long wait, there will now be 3 consecutive weeks of new surround music to play

Sept. 20 - Opeth - Heritage - new album with Steven Wilson surround mix - not sure of codec - hoping for at least DTS

Sept. 26 - Steven Wilson - Grace for Drowning Blu Ray edition - the blu-ray edition of Steven Wilson's Grace For Drowning, featuring the album in 5.1 surround sound, 2 bonus tracks, 5 films, 6 'work in progress' demo versions, a gallery and a 16 page book of artwork and notes.

Oct. 3 - King Crimson - Discipline & SABB.

:banana::banana::banana:

Tim,

I assume you were reacting to my post but I meant that the single Blu Ray edition is now available via Burning Shed for $20.90 plus $4 shipping. At $89.00 (via Newbury) the box set is a bit rich for my tastes - that amounts to about $65 more for 3 CD's and a whole lotta paper and cardboard - and no scarf? I mean really...;)

After an interminably long wait, there will now be 3 consecutive weeks of new surround music to play
Four, actually - Magenta release their new album Chameleon on October 10th in "glourious 5.1 surround sound". No word on the sound format so far, though.

Thanks for the Grace For Drowning info - I'm starting to feel like double-dippin'...:)

Single Blu Ray at Amazon.com for $16 today preorder price. Got that along with new Opeth Heritage two disc set. It has a 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven but probably in Dullby only...

Quite excellent review-up of Grace for Drowning by Ken Richardson in the Sound and Vision magazine I just received. Couldn't find the review on-line yet, but there is a video here: http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2011/08/10/video-steven-wilsons-track-one

Sounds like we are in for a surround treat! An excerpt: "What about Wilson's own 5.1 mix of the album, coming from an artist who has proven himself multiple times in the multichannel music arena? It's another qualified success, whether immersing you in the 40-track vocals of the title song or assaulting you with the heaviest, most malevolent sound heard in years on the midsection of 'Track One'".

40-track vocals! Cannot wait.:cool:

Last edited:
That song and video are sick! Just ordered the bluray. Of course I'll immediately be converting it to flac and dvd-audio for more listening options.

That song and video are sick! Just ordered the bluray. Of course I'll immediately be converting it to flac and dvd-audio for more listening options.

Funny - I just started converting all my DVD Audio to DTS HD MA and re-authoring to Blu Ray (up to 10 or so full lossless surround albums on 1 BD-R 25). Either way it's great new music to look forward to!

Funny - I just started converting all my DVD Audio to DTS HD MA and re-authoring to Blu Ray (up to 10 or so full lossless surround albums on 1 BD-R 25). Either way it's great new music to look forward to!

(Sorry a bit OT)
How are you doing that, please?

There's a short blurb about SW in the November Guitar World (page 30 - not 26 as listed in the contents). He talks about releasing the new disc on Blu-ray (Anesthetize on Blu-ray outsold the DVD) and his new guitar - a Les Paul shape made of aluminum. Nothing terribly interesting but maybe worth a look if you pass a magazine rack. Also, I just ordered the new disc at Amazon $15.29 today.

There's a short blurb about SW in the November Guitar World (page 30 - not 26 as listed in the contents). He talks about releasing the new disc on Blu-ray (Anesthetize on Blu-ray outsold the DVD) and his new guitar - a Les Paul shape made of aluminum. Nothing terribly interesting but maybe worth a look if you pass a magazine rack. Also, I just ordered the new disc at Amazon $15.29 today.

was Anesthetize released only on DVD ? I bought teh Blu ray because it came with the DVD that was the only reason still have not played the blu ray as I dont have a player and am not likely in the near future?

Back