RCVR: Sony SQR-8750

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyg2181

Sony SQR-8750

Rarity: RARE

Average Sale Price: UNKNOWN

Front
attachment.php

Front-Left
attachment.php

Front-Right
attachment.php

Back
attachment.php

Last edited:
cool receiver, here is the 4-channel remote the sony RU-40 that goes with it

I don't see the plug in for the remote at the back, but at the front there is a button that says remote, where do you plug it in?....heres a pic

rareremotesqr.jpg

Thats what it looks like to me too, Doug. couldnt tell ya for sure though, as this is not my receiver. it sure does look mighty nice though. im on the lookout for one. Thank you MUCH for the picture of the remote, 8trackman.

wow thats impressive that they would go to the effort of adding a little metal knob to cover the remote jack, The AKAI remote jack is at the front too, but there is no cover

do you think the knob is for aesthetic value? or to keep the connections clean?.......someone told me they tend to get dirty very quickly

eyg2181 are you on the lookout for a Sansui QBL-100? they come up on eBay on occasion

to be honest, im not sure what the QBL-100 is. i was referring to this bad-as sony that i like. i would guess the cap is for protection, so the contacts wont get dirty, it also makes it look nicer. most people who saw one with the cap missing, probably wouldnt even know theres suppose to be one there. hell, if i found one i wouldnt even notice on the first look.

no sorry the QBL-100 is the Sansui remote, I just noticed that you own a Sansui QRX-6500, so its the remote that fits your receiver...I should have asked in the other forum that you devoted to the QRX-6500

check out this website http://audio-database.com/SANSUI/amp/qrx-3500-e.html it has the pic of the QBL-100

I have a crazy obsession with old remotes,...as you have probably guessed :)

WOW, the i guess im on the hunt! I think it'd be pretty cool to have this. the pics in the 6500 thread, are of my personal unit. too bad my camera sucks on shiny silver equipment.

i'd also REALLY like to have this receiver and the remote, but i doubt ill ever get it.

and yea, i noticed you like remotes, but thats okay... my 2 interests are Quad Systems, equipmnent and accessories.... and uh... older Window/Wall Air Condtitioners

Those joystick remotes are cool and the precurser to joystick game controllers!

Most of them were actually four conventional pots connected by fairly complex linkages to the lever.

Doug

and yea, i noticed you like remotes, but thats okay... my 2 interests are Quad Systems, equipmnent and accessories.... and uh... older Window/Wall Air Condtitioners

yes I don't understand why modern remotes cant have a joystick control?(I am getting a social science degree so my electronic knowledge is non-existent)

as for off the wall collections, I am a big fan of lamps...I have some strange ones including a really ugly brass one that looks like it has a devil's face in the design....sorry for getting off topic

Colin

need help PLEASE!!

i found one of these units on craigslist for $100. went to the guy's house to check it out. sounded great and very clean (with the exception of some cigarette smell), a little static when some of the knobs were turned. i then asked what the "meter sens" button was. he hit it a couple of times to show me and POP - right front channel out. he said he didn't have the money to fix it and if i wanted to get it fixed i could have it. in the four channel mode i get sound from the other three speakers. the needle on the RF meter is pegged. when i turn off the unit the needles on the meters for the other three channels immediately drop to -20. the RF needle slowly drops. could it be a blown capacitor somewhere in that channel's signal path? if so, if i open the case will i see a leaking cap? any tips on cleaning the smell out of it? i tried using some orange scented goo gone on the case.

all help in getting this receiver working would be GREATLY appreciated!!

I think this is the time to suggest finding a trustworthy tech in your area. While capaitors can leak and might have visible signs of age and deterioration, it takes a tech and a schematic to make sure that something further down the line doesn't go boom. Usually the first break from a weak and aged component saves the rest of the circuit. Adding a strong and healthy component can remove that safeguard. The other issue is that it isn't always capacitors that go. I am more worried about the semiconductors. A reliable tech is a valuable asset. For the price you paid, the tech is still a savings. There is a similar receiver for sale in Canada for $500 by one of our members. Consider the difference and I am sure you will come out ahead. As to getting rid of the tobacco smell, you can try removing the wood case, using lemon oil on it and carefully cleaning out the interior with a lightly damp rag and a dry paint brush. Otherwise, just wait for it to dissipate. My Sansui had the same issue and heat and time made it go away. As an ex-smoker, I found it quite gross for a couple months. Leaving it on for hours at a time (after it is repaired) will warm it up and help dissipate the odour with the lemon oil or other furniture polish.

Back