Misc: JVC SEA-V7E

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeropoint

JVC 4ch S.E.A Controller Graphic Equalizer.

I'll add information, photos & literature scans on this item when possible.

Rarity: UNKNOWN

Average Sale Price: UNKNOWN

Attachments

• JVC SEA-V7E DSCN2009 crop.jpg
    JVC SEA-V7E DSCN2009 crop.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 657
Very nice Equalizer you got there!

how exactly do these work? it looks like a regular 2 channel EQ. i thoufht for sure there would be 4 sets of sliders, also, do these work for recordings as well, like for boosting the highs on a Q8 to Q4 or Computer ?

Sliders works in pair, the knobs on the right choose how to combine the pair that are equalized by the two set of sliders.

Yes, that's right. The RHS 'CHANNEL SELECT' knob selects between a channel combination of A:1-3, B:2-4; A:1-2, B:3-4; or A:1-4, B:2-3, where A & B refers to each set of equalizer sliders (or 'SEA CONRTOL SYSTEM'), and 1..4 refers to respective CH1 through CH4, input channels.

I'll be uploading scans of the manual, later, which will explain.

Moderators: I wonder why the thread title has lowercase, when I entered all uppercase?

Attachments

• JVC SEA - V7E 343773145_o.jpg
    JVC SEA - V7E 343773145_o.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 577
This unit from JVC is like the Sony SQD range of SQ decoders, one of the most useful for connecting that endless list of 4 channel equipment that E Bay allows us to continue to expand! By using the jack plug sockets front mounted at the right hand side for inputs and the left side for output and all four channel, it is possible to demonstrate a myriad of quadraphonic equipment in seconds, with the appropriate leads to hand. Not to mention that these are reproduced on the back in RCA phono socket form as well!

The ability to use the graphic equaliser for tape recording or that noisy demodulator seems almost to have been thought of for us mere consumers, having been born out of the studio era of the 1970's.

I would not be without mine which has worked faultlessly for over thirty five years. Wow, how is that for standards of build quality and looks. Best wishes to all.

Can someone please post a manual for this or link me. To one? I just nabbed one of these online. If you follow my posts, you may notice I've went a little audio. Equipment buying crazy as of late. I figure I can get all of this out of my system (and into my system) for a while and focus on software again. I got this one for $81 + shipping. Good deal? Too much?

Okay, I've had this no less than 10 minutes and I believe I discovered one of the great quad mysteries of all time.

Why does this thing have a B-1 light?

So far as I can tell, there is no mode of which utilizes B-1. The best answer I can think of is Symetry. Maybe a mistake. I almost want to crack this thing open and see if they ran a bulb to the B-1 lense.

Maybe there is something I'm missing here. I'm sure if there is, the owners of this unit and quad genius' here can tell me. Also I could really use a manual right about now.

PS: This is the biggest and heaviest equalizer I've ever had the pleasure of manhandling.

Can someone please post a manual for this or link me. To one? I just nabbed one of these online. If you follow my posts, you may notice I've went a little audio. Equipment buying crazy as of late. I figure I can get all of this out of my system (and into my system) for a while and focus on software again. I got this one for $81 + shipping. Good deal? Too much?

$81 + shipping, I'd call a good deal. I recently paid about 1 1/2 times that. But my purchase included the complete manual. Are you still looking for a copy of that? PM me with email address, and I will scan and send to you as doc or pdf. Have not hooked mine up yet. Very anxious to get it going, but having a couple rcvr issues to resolve first.

I'm still seeking the manual as well.

Back