QS Tommy LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Svensson

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I happened to be down in New Orleans this past week and found The Mushroom music shop near Tulane U. Five minute in the store and I found a copy of the Tommy Ode Records release in QS. It survived its 'carry on' journey and this is a pleasant surprise, decodes well and an interesting take on many of the songs. Good counterpoint to the 5.1 releases in SACD/DVD-A and the movie's quintophonic soundtrack. Tommy must be one of the most covered pieces of work in surround history. John S.

Just in case you weren't aware, i released a QS360 decoded version of it a while ago on my blog

OD

Just in case you weren't aware, i released a QS360 decoded version of it a while ago on my blog

OD
Nope. You released the film soundtrack (and did a great job on it). He's talking about an entirely different project, which preceded the film.

If you mean the Tommy album on Ode, you'll find it on my blog!

OD

Could someone help me in disclosing the secret handshake required to get OD's latest decode of this album?

I mailed OD and got a very brief, perhaps rude, reply.

It's quite likely that he's looking for a donation. We aren't supposed to talk about anything that can be considered piracy but read his blog for more information. It sounds like donations are down and he will be shutting down soon. I do respect OD's work but he has poor people skills (he would never make it as a diplomat), he's had run-ins with many people here all because he insists that he's always right and the rest of us know nothing about which we speak.

Today I picked up the quad LP of weather reports Mysterious Traveler but could not afford the quad LPs of the ode Tommy Album.

Anyone have some thoughts on the separation of the Tommy release? Or can lead me to a similar thread.

Today I picked up the quad LP of weather reports Mysterious Traveler but could not afford the quad LPs of the ode Tommy Album.

Anyone have some thoughts on the separation of the Tommy release? Or can lead me to a similar thread.

Well, since I apparently started that thread: eek:.....I haven't played it in years but thought the separation was fairly decent at the time! I'm certain many others have the LP and can comment. I don't recall it being a very difficult album to hunt down though ebay pricing probably scared me away from getting it there. Discogs would probably be better.

It's still waiting for me at the store just didn't have the loot today. 12$ total. Seems worth saving up for. I'll ask my son for an advance

Back