RCVR: WEGA 3135 Quadro Quadraphonic Receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrockasaurus

If you have any more photo's or comments to make on this quadraphonic receiver please feel free to post them in this thread....:)

WEGA 3135 Quadro Quadraphonic Receiver

Rarity: ULTRA RARE
Average Sale Price: UNKNOWN

WEGA 3135 Quadro Quadraphonic Receiver AA1.jpg

Looks like it was SQ (not known if logic) and a discrete channel input.

Malcolm

Attachments

• Wega.jpg
    Wega.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 412
  • wega1.jpg
    wega1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 427
do we know what year this is from? lots of buttons, I like it

I've seen 1974 & 75 listed as the first year this unit was available, but not too sure....lets say mid-70's...

Looks like it was SQ (not known if logic) and a discrete channel input.

Malcolm

Hey Malcolm....Is that your unit?? If yes, what's it sound like..??

sadly not, I found the image on the web. The unit itself interested me because of its design, but I think it was fairly high end in its day.

Malcolm

sonix- you are going to meet a lot of friends here

this is a very elusive machine, thank you for sharing it with us, you might be the only one on the net who has taken detailed pictures

although I can't help you with the technical aspects of this machine, I am certain people smarter then me will be posting on the forum to answer any questions you may have

Colin

Hi Colin.I am a friend of "sonix" .Are you familiar with excellent Wega amplifiers?Have a great collection for example :Wega 3120,3131(youger sister of 3135),3141 .Have seven.Extremely good powerfull amplifiers and tuners section.Well built,clean assembled.Like tanks.Anyway after 40 years have problem with poor quality of plastic parts(like almost all great brands) ,indicators(burnt) and stereo decoders.Wega was "captured" for a short period by Sony but I prefer older receivers.They also produced legendary Aiwa minitower model 22 (I have too) but design was far away from beautifull Aiwa.

Models: tuners,amplifiers,receivers,TT and cassette decks.

Regards Tom
PS In Poland is much easier collect German vintage.

Have bought 2 days ago wonderful and rare cassette receiver Nordmende 8500 SC.Excellent in design,powerfull(70 W music.wonderfull sound and good tuner.Cassette deck also very good.In the night hours unforgetable.

no unfortunately its the first time I've heard of the brand (I assume its a "west" German product)

as for the quality of the plastic, they were definitely ahead of the trend in terms of receiver cosmetic design (as brushed aluminum is what the vast majority of audio equipment from the 70s was made from), so I wouldn't judge the quality too harshly

are there any other German audio brands that designed quad equipment?

sonix- have you tried the Wega with a SQ/QS LP yet?

Colin

Hi Colin.You are 100 % sure.Qiadrophonic amplituners (receivers) were extremely rare because of very,very high price and extra cost(loudspeakers).Prices for Europe were much higher then for USA.
Plese find short list of German quadro models &producers:
a.Telefunken TRX 3000 (giant and in my opiniom "The King")
b.Rank Arena (Dutch) model 5000
c.Dual (I have forgotten at the moment)
d.BASF 8425/8445 and some other (Japan)
c.Grundig RTV 1040

and others.

BASF used a special external cassette modules put into a slot on the top left side.Were 3 of them:
a.DNL(noise redduction for FM broadcasting
b.SQ decoder
c CD4 decoder

Unfortunately there are two problems"
a.all offered receivers have lack of it.
b.no quadro source(only vinyl records or your 8 track cassette system which is unpopular in Europe and very difficult to get.

Hope it help you.
Regards Tom
PS Have a great biblioteque of photos if need.

WOW - what a nightmare for servicing the unit - I have never seen anything so badly mass produced (from a service mans point of view), no wonder is cost a fortune to buy....and repair!

Last edited:
great sonix it was well worth the wait for the pictures, highlight of my new year so far,

I will post some of the pics for the thread for others

DSC04433.JPG

DSC04447.JPG

DSC04437.JPG

DSC04414.JPG

Attachments

• DSC04433.JPG
    DSC04433.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 327
Hi guys.Wega it's nothing (but also a great machine) compare Telefunken TRX 3000.Like a mammoth.27 kilos of pure weight.transformer could supply New York City.Very intersting construction and excellent prameters.My friend mr sonix just have got it and it's serviced by me now.
DSoon photos will be available.
This is The KING(Kong).
Regards(smile) Tom

Hello I got one Wega 3135. working just fine . The only problem is that I am missing one selector button Nr 3 on the radio memory group.

Any ideeas or places to search for it?

Attachments

• WEGA.jpg
    WEGA.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 105
Back