Burning DVD-A ISOs on Mac?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laughingmood

I have a quick question and I apologize if it's noobish.

I'm a Mac user primarily, having both a Mac Pro and a 13" white Macbook. Everything I've read online indicates that burning DVD-A on a Mac is difficult to achieve versus the options available on the Windows side. Some indicating that it's not even possible. Now, I understand Toast won't take an AUDIO_TS Folder and burn a DVD-A out of it the way ImgBurn will.

But will Toast or Burn (another Mac burning app) be able to burn a DVD-A ISO and still retain the full, hi-res multi-channel audio?

I have a Windows machine at home for work. And I have ImgBurn on it and I've been using that to burn my DVD-A ISOs so it's more a curiosity issue than one of necessity. Still, would be much more convenient to be able to just burn those ISOs on the Mac!

Thanks!

Thanks pal! I'm going to try it out today. I'm going to burn one with ImgBurn and another with Toast just to compare and see if there are any noticeable differences.

So Toast seems to burn the image fine and the disc plays back in my DVD-A player with no problems. However, when I compared a Quad mix I had burned using ImgBurn with the same Quad mix burned through Toast on the Mac...the Toast Disc seems just slightly muddier with not as much clear definition in the individual channels. Is this even possible or am I listening too hard?

Burning an iso with Toast is super easy. Just right click the iso file and select "Open With" + Toast. This will automatically open Toast with the settings you want. Also notice the meter in the bottom right-hand corner. If it is green, your content will fit on a single layer dvd. If it is red then you need to switch to dual layer (and you also need a burner that can handle dual layer media).

I have a DVDA-iso that I purchased an while back and am trying to burn on a Mac to disc.

I note that this thread provides helpful advice re: Toast, but note that this costs over $100AUD! :yikes

I presume DVD Audio Explorer cannot do this from the iso file?

Help please.

Woody

No need for expensive software, MacOS X is very capable to burn all kind of discs (even blu-ray)! Just right click on the .iso file and choose "Burn..." in the menu.

No need for expensive software, MacOS X is very capable to burn all kind of discs (even blu-ray)! Just right click on the .iso file and choose "Burn..." in the menu.

Thanks for this response. Worked a treat. :music. You saved me $$ as well for something I obviously had right under my nose. :banana:

This is what is so great about this forum. Everyone is so willing to help.

Woody

Back