Pictures Of Your Surround Collections - Please Share

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filper

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Jon had a great idea of all of us taking a snap of our collections to post...

Here is my DVD-A and SA-CD collection on the rack.

My thanks to all of you who have helped me aquire a lifetime of surround bliss.

(Considering how much most of your titles fetch, I think it's a good idea if you keep a digital image somewhere just in case).

Let's see what you have...

Attachments

• hires 1.2.11.jpg
    hires 1.2.11.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,295
Here is my hi res collection. They are not sorted by multi/stereo but most are surround. The top row is mostly DVD-A (and things that wont fit the bottom row) and the bottom row is mostly SACD.

P.S. A few odd non hi-res or surround titles are in there as well so don't be alarmed if you see something that you thought never existed.

P1010455.jpgP1010454.jpgP1010453.jpgP1010456.jpg

Just to add to the general jollifications.....
DVDV.jpgCD-DVDA-SACD.jpgMusicDVD.jpgCD-DVDA.jpg

From top to bottom:
1 - Various DVD-V and Blu Ray titles - mainly movies, but not all....
2 - Main SACD-DVDA-CD stash
3 - Music DVD only here, all lossy DD/DTS
4 - Secondary DVDA stash

I really enjoy this thread. Will have to get everything back on shelves and get out the camera.

I went to a friends house once and he had all his kitchen cabinets filled with record albums. This was before he was married.... :)
I lean to the IKEA format myself.

My small collection is not worthy of this thread!

I noticed that many people have new/sealed discs in their possession. If they're duplicates, I can understand. But I never understood people "collecting" these discs and not opening and playing them. You can't take them with you!

Neil and depeche76...you guys are beyond lucky...what an amazing collection!!!!

I wish I had more time to be able to listen to my small collection, so I can't imagine what you guys go through.

Here's where I keep the discs for guests with only two ears and the full picture of where the surround titles are...

Attachments

• rack 2.jpg
    rack 2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 971
  • rack 1.jpg
    rack 1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 979
My small collection is not worthy of this thread!

I noticed that many people have new/sealed discs in their possession... wish I had more time to be able to listen to my small collection...

It's not a contest. Please share.

I have a few unopened discs I treat like someone with a vintage wine collection would... a special occasion... as you said, more time.

(Some of mine look unopened, but most are in protective sleeves).

hi, quattroatl, i also have some unopened discs (almost 40% of my collection) because i think the same as filper, and because i haven´t had the time to seat and listen to them, i work as an auditor and it leaves me with little time to realy appreciate a sacd or dvd-a, thats the main reason.

i started my hobbie on november 2007, when i purchased a ps3 and wanted to know how Dark Side on the Moon sounded in SACD multichannel, the ps3 had the capabilities back then. One thing lead to another, and what once was almost imposible to consider (having more than 500 titles in both formats) is now a reality. I feel more in disadvantage because in Mexico, these formats were almost never released or advertised, nobody knows them to this date.

This hobbie has changed my life, i always liked music in every kind of format available, but hi-fi music is the greatest way to actually enjoy it. This is not a contest, or a "mine is larger than yours" thing, for a lot of QQ members i know for sure it is a passion and we feel the urge to have a hi-fi disc before them disappear completely or become more difficult to get ($$$$$). That´s why we treasure them and some don´t even want to open a disc.

keep buying these formats Quattroatl, nothing is imposible.

Okay, if this is not a "look how many discs I have thread" then what is it? I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade. In fact I'm very impressed with these photos. They are awesome. But you guys are way out of my league and there's no point in me posting a photo of my collection.

Your opinion is very respectable wavelenght, realy. Honestly sometimes i think the same as you when im showing my discs to someone (i feel like a d.ck). I did it thinking it was cool and because QQ guys are the only ones i can talk to about surround, nothing else, well maybe i also wanted to be in the spotlight for a second, but i understand some people around here doesn´t need to prove anything to anyone. But also, this is a website (forum) to share something.......
Have a nice day. i guess somethings in life relies on diversity....

Seeing neil wilkes pictures, i wish i could be in that room taking a look in first person..... you have stuff to not be bored for a 1,000 years.....LOL Is spectacular ¡¡¡¡¡¡

Personally i would like to thank a lot of members, cause even they don`t know, a lot of comments have proven to be helpful to me and all the information shared here has been invaluable, also i have got some discs from them.

Yes, I am an IKEA (especially the discontinued "STEN"/cheap shelves) one...
I only have ONE shelf with my surround stuff...
BUT, nevertheless, I am NOT ashamed of my small collection, which I cherish and enjoy immensely.
I only buy stuff I like and will listen to...
Will post a photo soon ;)

QQ's motto: "Size doesn't matter" (unless you are talking number of channels) :D

I really enjoy seeing these pics - my collection isn't shelved into a neatly arranged display - I wish that it was. I tend to "Hot-Disc" quite a bit (I made up that term - it's when you leave discs, without their cases nearby, on top of or in the player and they soon get separated, leaving you with a stack of empty cases and a stack of discs that are just too much bother to put all back in order - gee, I hope I'm not the only one who does that - the only thing I don't Hot-Disc are LaserDisc's and MCA DiscoVision)

Anyway, everyone keep posting pictures - it's fun to see. Do any of you set up parts of your system/software like it's a retail display at some high-end A/V shop? I often do - I recently had my Fosgate Tate 101A and Shure 5300 off to the side, apart from the other equipment, with both the Fosgate and Shure cut-sheet's displayed in clear Plexiglas frames on top and a few brochures next to that in a "Take One" fashion. The LaserDiscs of "Dolby Technologies & How They Work" and David Bowie: Serious Moonlight were on a little 'lip' type shelf on the wall directly behind the decoders with a "Now Playing" sign above them. I know it's probably really stupid to do, but as a kid I wanted to own a high-end A/V store SOOO badly, so I'm now getting to at least "play" at it. My parents owned a video rental store in Abq, NM, called "Video Etc." and I used to take my Fosgate Tate in and play the ABBA DiscoVision video's in the Fosgate's Surround mode - people were blown away by it and were always stunned when I told them you couldn't get a Tate new anymore. Queen Greatest Flix was also a big hit in the store in Surround. We didn't sell equipment or rent LaserDisc's or CED VideoDisc's - we only rented VHS & Beta and had a small selection of LP's to rent, when that was still legal!

As part of my crazed "collector" mentality, I did manage to keep quite a few things from the rental store, like the 1981 catalogs from Warner and 20th Century Fox when they were going to a 'rental only' model and planning on stopping ALL video tape sales - I have a "rental only" Beta of Star Wars and Taps and a Warner "Rental Only" of Excalibur, plus a Fotomat catalog for their video rental library: they had Paramount movies before Paramount even had their own VHS/Beta home video label. Does anyone remember The Videophile Newsletter?

My collection wouldn't be a very exciting sight. I've gotten rid of most of my jewel boxes in recent years, keeping only albums released in interesting packaging. All my music's categorized and alphabetized in binders at this point, with several rather large "hot disc" (stolen from above) piles all over the place of discs that need to be filed away. I don't keep surround separately but, rather, indexed with the stereo versions of each album. I'd also say that a good 80-90% of my surround collection is homebrew and not retail. Probably makes for a bigger collection that most, but most of you don't want to see a bunch of scribbled-on blank discs. I lost count at about 3,000 discs or so as to how much music I own. I'd assume I'm closer to 4,000 at this point....and that doesn't include music that sits on an HD and not physical disc. Yup.....pictures would be pretty useless and messy. :)

Back