Caravan: In the land of grey and pink - Pre order!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this on the Rush Moving Pictures thread.
-------------------------------------------
So far it's only on Amazon UK:
h$$p://www.amazon.co.uk/Land-Grey-Pi...2130419&sr=8-4

Can someone provide a working link? I can't find this on amazon.co.uk or amazon.com.

J. D.

Is there a poll? I finally got around to listening to this. I wish it was not Dolby only, but I really like the music and surround mix. I would give it a 9 on those two merits alone, but perhaps knock it down to an 8 for sound quality. It is easily my favorite Dolby Disc, and I plan to play it again soon. Now I might have to spend more money and explore some other Canterbury style bands. Darn you Brits!

I could not find a poll for this release. Anyway, I found this disc last night in my collection that was unheard. I loaded the disc and looked for dts only to find Dolby. I was really shocked how good this disc sounded and the SW mix is really good. I am not a fan of Dolby, but this disc will get repeated plays now that I found it :>) I will give this a 9, -1 for Doldy. Hi-Res or dts would earn a 10.

Last edited:
Here's another title I found out about through this great forum and recently purchased a sealed copy on ebay for under $20 including shipping. The music is very good! Thanks QuadraphonicQuad.

Hiya all,
I've been burned (almost to phobic levels) by the 'Deluxe Edition' multichannel mixes. If I see the 'Deluxe Edition' slipcase piccie on an advert now, I swear I shudder a bit. Paranoid quad was a shambles. I forced myself through 12 mins of Hergest Ridge. I won't ever play it again. Following on from this I didn't even open Ommadawn ( but thanks to OD I can be in Ommadawn heaven ). Will someone please tell me if this Dullby Digital only (by the look of it) is worth me spending my hard earned cash ? There doesn't seem to be a poll....
(Geezer)Jem

Oh yeh, the last Dullby Digital only multichannel disc I tried to listen to was Snakes And Ladders. Oops Snakes And Arrows. Was thinking of the fantastic Mr. Rafferty. There aren't any words in my vocabulary to describe how disgracefully awful that was.

Last edited:
yes its Dulby only probably the best Dulby i have heard but none the less great album missed oppertunity top surround mix by the master

Will someone please tell me if this Dullby Digital only (by the look of it) is worth me spending my hard earned cash ? There doesn't seem to be a poll...
Here's your poll: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Of-Grey-And-Pink-(Steven-Wilson-5-1-Dolby-DVD - the advanced search option narrows your search just fine.

IMHO, Caravan is worth your cash, I've traded my copy with a fellow QQer (Madrid, I'm looking your way:)) myself. But would I be much happier with the lossless version? Yessiree!

Here's your poll: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Of-Grey-And-Pink-(Steven-Wilson-5-1-Dolby-DVD - the advanced search option narrows your search just fine.

IMHO, Caravan is worth your cash, I've traded my copy with a fellow QQer (Madrid, I'm looking your way:)) myself. But would I be much happier with the lossless version? Yessiree!

you never know, there might be a lossless DVD-A of this floating about on the t'internet.. ;)

Edit: I don't have it and I don't know for sure as I can't find it by snooping myself.. but I've heard about this (from a usually reliable source) next time I see them, I'll ask them about it again.

Ty haikubass & rusinurbe for the speedy answers. I did a sort-by-title but it's got a bloomin' 'NEW:' prefix which threw me off. Does the 'NEW:' get removed when it's 'Not so NEW:' ? Anyway, just going to read the thread and I can feel my trigger finger is itchy. Might be the .... oh, that's another story :) It's now added to my wants list.

you never know, there might be a lossless DVD-A of this floating about on the t'internet.. ;)

Edit: I don't have it and I don't know for sure as I can't find it by snooping myself.. but I've heard about this (from a usually reliable source) next time I see them, I'll ask them about it again.

Someone (who has heard it - Neil I think) mentioned that the lossless version of this is amazing... I wish it was available one way or another...

Back