RCVR: Beomaster 6000

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8trackman

wow! check out this bad boy- look how thin this thing is!!!!!!!! and it has a real remote with no cord

the fisher 801 holds nothing to this thing as the remote for this receiver controls direction, volume, and radio!!!!! cordless in 1974!!!!!

Beomaster 6000

Rarity: UNKNOWN

Average Sale Price: UNKNOWN

beomaster2.jpg

beomaster6000.jpg

beomaster6000a.jpg

and I forgot to mention the remote is called the Beomaster 6000 "commander"

beomaster6000commander.jpg

apparently it can decode CD-4 and SQ......and it didn't come with AM radio

anyone ever use one of these machines? I wonder what the price was in the states? how much does it weigh.....it seems so small, especially since it has cordless remote!!!! 1974!!!! my new favorite receiver!

"At the time of its release it was the flagship of Bang & Olufsen's hi-fi product range and was quite expensive to purchase. The UK price in 1978 was £581.50."

info here- http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=356

Holy hell, this has got to be under the "Ultra Rare" category... But let's get some more info before we slap the rarity up there... Although I'm sure it's a safe bet.. It's AT LEAST a "Rare" I would imagine.

I looked at that website too... The whole 6000 product line is incredible, each quad component, especially the turntable should get it's own thread... One complaint... The radio can only tune up to 104MHZ, that means no 105.7 the hawk when I'm in Levittown location or 105.7 the x when I'm in my pottsville location... And no radio 104.5 in EITHER location :(

At the time the European FM band only extended up to 104 MHz due to Public services using the 104-108 MHz region. Only when they left later in the 70's did tuners extend to 108. a strange quirk, ALL imported tuners/receivers could tune to 108Mhz (I had a Technics ST3500 Tuner), home grown European models could not.

Malcolm

Sweet looking unit.:)...love the silver remote and still looks quite modern.

A minor point I thought I'd just mention for clarity's sake. This unit was called/designated the "Beomaster 6000 4 Channel" The 4 channel bit is an important distinction as B&O also had confusingly a later (..completely different) unit from the early 80's also called the Beomaster 6000.:confused:.. If your searching for one of these, just make sure if you see a 6000 it's the Quad version and not the later stereo one.

Cheers.

I'm dying to see this thing all lit up, I wonder if it has decent decoding capabilities?

I don't know if it can be a viable option for someone though- getting the remote and everything working must be a pain, and you have no AM and limited FM abilities

I also don't know what the price of the unit is

here is a review from 1975 saying that its C1,014-50 with speakers

"The complete price of C1,014-50 includes four Beovox P50 loudspeakers, which retail separately at J049.50 each (and so account for £59800 of the system price). The Beogram 6000 turntable unit retails at at £29850 and includes a built-in CD-4 demodulator and the MMC 6000 pickup cartridge with the special stylus and design necessary to encompass the frequency range up to 50,000 Hz demanded by CD-4 records. The Beomaster 6000 tuner-amplifier retails separately at C471-00 which is not at all exceptional for a 4-channel unit, with a power rating of 4 x 40 watts per channel, incorporating an SQ decoder and a cordless remote control box, etc."

any brits here know what C or J stand for??? I think £ = pounds/dollar- but that cant be right, no one would nearly 60k in U.K pounds for a sound system in 1975

C= shillings?? can anyone make sense of this audio review price?

http://www.gramophone.net/Issue/Page/April 1975/136/759100/B++0+Beosystem+6000

somehow puzzled by tech.specs of turntable cartridge. it's said 15KHz
how such headunit can pick up info for rear channels from CD-4 if the this info stored in the range above 40KHz?

i have the remote, receiver and record deck up for grabs if anyone is interested..... bulbs not working under the volume and tone controls but the rest is all good. Haven't checked the bulbs yet..probably dead simple to fix.

I jumped the gun and listed Beogram & remote on eBay . Trying to get amdecent price for them as the eBay Market is really flakey at the moment. Still haven't listed beomaster & rabbit ear aerial . Are they worth anything to you? Name your price and I'll let you know.

It is certainly all very pretty -'hooked it all up properly with 4 speakers today and tested it all again. BM has a few blown bulbs under volume/ tone / balance windows and preset 2 seems dead but the rest of it is great.'I was please toy surprised by the ambio setting. I have no cd4 recordings so that was the clsoest I could get . I really liked it. Given it's from about 1978 it's just as good as my BM4500 from 20 years later. It must have been a very serious bit of kit for 1978!

If you check out my eBay auctions you'll see videos and pics for the whole system including the amp. Or just follow the link below

http://gallery.me.com/danielbanham/100055

Hi all members,

I'm new in this forum and sorry for my english , i'm French.

For my first post ,i just want to specify ,between 1975/1977 a second Bang & Olufsen quadraphonic receiver was selled : the Beomaster

3400 ,the small brother of Beomaster 6000 without the commander.

http://beocentral.com/beomaster3400

see you

Welcome to the wonderful world of Quadraphonic sound. You will find in this forum people knowledgeable in almost all facets of this wonderful sound reproducing medium. If you have questions, simply ask and you can get answers to almost any question you might have.

Thanks for the information concerning the Beomaster 3400. These seemed to be great units.

Merci,

MTGC
Michael

Thank you for your reply Michael,

Yes ,the Quadriphonic sound is wonderfull and the most exemple is the Beomaster 6000 and 3400 .

I have few units of this models and Beogram 6000 Quad (record player).I use a different Beomaster/Beogram every days to keep in good

working order this equipement.

Denisc

Attachments

• HPIM0193.jpg
    HPIM0193.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 261
  • HPIM0261.jpg
    HPIM0261.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 267
Sorry for my pictures but the photos of Beomasters 60000/3400 are too bigs and are not uploaded just the Beogram and Beosystem 3300 ,i try again.

Back