Ákos keeps the surround flame burning in pop/rock genre in Hungary

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grill

800 Club - QQ All-Star
After the success of the surround release of his 21st solo album (Még közelebb - More closer) in 2006, last year Ákos (Akosh) returned with his latest studio album being again a CD + DVD combo. As previously, this DVD version also contains his new release (A katona imája - The soldier's prayer) in DTS-DD 5.1 surround format. In addition, this April Ákos just released his new single "Utazó - Traveller" on DualDisc Maxi with DTS-DD surround sound. Although the surround mixes of these albums are not at the level raised by Elliot Scheiner or Steven Wilson, they definitely have enjoyable parts with immersive and discrete elements. Too bad that due to the language barrier these albums cannot expect reputation from non-Hungarian surround fans.

akos_mk.jpgkatona.jpgkatona2.jpgdvd.jpgAkosUtazo2011.jpg

Too bad that due to the language barrier these albums cannot expect reputation from non-Hungarian surround fans.

i'm doubt this. inspite of my absolute lack of knowledge in hungarian language, i do like pretty much of Omega and Locomotiv GT.

Ákos as Akosh released some English albums in stereo, namely:
1993 - So Much Larger
1994 - All is One
1996 - Firedance
1998 - I. D. S
1999 - Call My Name
2002 - Vertigo

Thank you Grill for letting us know about this.
I will also add that I am a fan of Omega too, although they have put out english language versions of their music. I am aware of two quad records Omega III and 200 years after the last war. Were there any other quad releases of theirs?

I am aware of two quad records Omega III and 200 years after the last war. Were there any other quad releases of theirs?

unfortunately just 2 those you listed but would be cool to hear their "Floater in the Sky",
"Time Robber", "Skyrover" and "Gammapolis" in quad or the modern 5.1

In the US Passport released an Omega lp that appears to be a collection of songs. I beleive the ones from III and 200 years would be sq encoded as for the others I don't know.
I like Skyrover, even if they are wearing "puffy shirts" in the group photo that period date them, and are perhaps somewhat embarassing....

unfortunately just 2 those you listed but would be cool to hear their "Floater in the Sky",
"Time Robber", "Skyrover" and "Gammapolis" in quad or the modern 5.1
Time Robber would be a good continuation because this album is the most sussessfull one ever made by Hungarian artists. 1.5 million copies were sold worldwide. The second is Skyrover.

Somehow I missed it last year: in 2012 Ákos striked again in surround with his latest LP '2084' as a CD+DVD combo:

front_300.jpg
back_300.jpg
disc_300.jpg

Back