Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Still not working for me. Instead I get an Amazon page that says:

404 Document Not Found

"Looking for something? We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site"

--- NEVER MIND. I was clicking on the links in the reply, not your original post with your fixed links. Sorry.

http://www.cdwow.us/search?q="Jethro+Tull"&sort=release
Aqualung 40th Anniversary (2CD+DVD+Blu-Ray Deluxe Edition) - Limited
by Jethro Tull
$174.99 Free Shipping
Released 10/24/11
Music Genre Rock
Available for Pre-order
Description
12” vinyl in gatefold sleeve housing 2xCD+DVD+Blu ray / 12” x 12” Hardback 60 page book / housed in a slipcase.

Aqualung 40th Anniversary (Standard Edition) - Limited
by Jethro Tull
$16.99 Free Shipping
Released 10/24/11
Description
6 panel gatefold (2xCD+booklet)

Aqualung25thanniversaryUKremaster.jpg

The economy has tanked and everybody is bringing out high priced box sets in time for christmas. I'm out and look for them to show up as BB $30 sales a year from now.

WTF!!!!

I'm getting sick of having to get the "ultra-immersion-super-deluxe-limited-edition boxset with 800 page hardback book, 10cds, Vinyl, DVD (non DVD-A), scarf, fake tickets, marbles & the kitchen sink" just to get the hi-rez 5.1 version on blu-ray :mad:

Arghhhhhhh!!!

I reallly hope this comes out on blu-ray single disc release (or a cd/blu-ray combo).

We might have to send some more feedback to EMI.

I am also out if that is only way to get a Hires.
That is just way to much money to spend on one title so I am also hoping this comes out as a Bluray only down the road.

peter

Economy is Bad right now. Folks can't afford a bunch of of $150 box sets. These box sets are very nice and all, problem is they don't keep them in print for when you want to buy or can afford them, just as they do with regular CDs. That's too bad, because sometimes one enjoys all the extras. But some folks are only casual fans of an artist, but really like a title's music. So a Hi-Rez CD/DVD or CD/BR option should be here, otherwise they're going to lose sales that could have been there.

Economy is Bad right now. Folks can't afford a bunch of of $150 box sets. These box sets are very nice and all, problem is they don't keep them in print for when you want to buy or can afford them, just as they do with regular CDs. That's too bad, because sometimes one enjoys all the extras. But some folks are only casual fans of an artist, but really like a title's music. So a Hi-Rez CD/DVD or CD/BR option should be here, otherwise they're going to lose sales that could have been there.

I don't think a casual fan would buy an album more than once. Pretty much any reissue is geared towards more than the casual fan, with high-priced box sets there for the true die-hard. I'm not sure whether the type of fandom inherit in spending $100 on a set dedicated to one album would be affected by the economy at all.

That being said, I am in favor of different price points with reissues, surround or not. Other bands have done it. There were ridiculous super-deluxe editions of the last U2 album out there, as well as more reasonably priced sets.

$175 seems like a real bargain compared to the upcoming Uber edition of U2's Achtung Baby re-release (a mere $650 and no surround mix) OUCH

Back