Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, it's off topic (unless I pour a glass of 5.1 ounces I guess), but the one of the local craft breweries - Sidetrack - named as they are in the Railyard area of town, dubs many of its brews with the train theme....and the most recent one was "Locomotive Breath" IPA - of course I had to try it! (and it's very good!)
Sidetrack-_Locomative_Breath_IPA.jpg

Heavy Horses, please be waiting for me at home tomorrow, please be waiting for me at home tomorrow... ?

Loving how both versions of Living in These Hard Times are sounding from the clips somebody posted. Glad to hear it's another winner. [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC 2PZC100 using Tapatalk

I'm late to the game on Songs From the Wood, and it appears I narrowly missed my chance to snag this at a fair price...

Amazon.com lists it as "Usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks," which I've found in the past, often times results in never getting shipped at all. Average price on Discogs is well over a $100 and it's pretty much unlisted at all of the European Amazon sites; not to mention the poor bastards caught up in a bidding war for a copy on Ebay right now - with three days left it's already at $164 USD (plus $23 shipping (n)(n) ). So, as I was trying to find a copy of this earlier this week, I was beginning to feel a bit despondent. As a last ditch effort, I hopped on over to Amazon.ca and noticed they still have copies readily available for $59.84 CDN. Shipped DHL to the US, cost me about $55 USD, and I just received an alert that it was just delivered to my doorstep. From the time it left the British Columbia warehouse to arrival at my place in Utah, was less than 24 hours o_O

Anyway, just a heads-up to any prospective buyers out there. I'd imagine they won't be available much longer on Amazon Canada.

I'm late to the game on Songs From the Wood, and it appears I narrowly missed my chance to snag this at a fair price...

Amazon.com lists it as "Usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks," which I've found in the past, often times results in never getting shipped at all. Average price on Discogs is well over a $100 and it's pretty much unlisted at all of the European Amazon sites; not to mention the poor bastards caught up in a bidding war for a copy on Ebay right now - with three days left it's already at $164 USD (plus $23 shipping (n)(n) ). So, as I was trying to find a copy of this earlier this week, I was beginning to feel a bit despondent. As a last ditch effort, I hopped on over to Amazon.ca and noticed they still have copies readily available for $59.84 CDN. Shipped DHL to the US, cost me about $55 USD, and I just received an alert that it was just delivered to my doorstep. From the time it left the British Columbia warehouse to arrival at my place in Utah, was less than 24 hours o_O

Anyway, just a heads-up to any prospective buyers out there. I'd imagine they won't be available much longer on Amazon Canada.
Enjoy. Its a great disk.(y)

Just remember....that this forum is a great resource for not only finding discs...but also buying them...you never know when you can pick up one from a member...

A mention of Stormwatch in this new interview with SW:

-Your tenth remix of Jethro Tull recently came out, regarding the album “Heavy horses” (1978). Are you going to continue with “Stormwatch” (1979)?

-I don’t know if I’m going to have time. I already remixed “This was” (1968), the first one, and it will be released soon. I’m very busy nowadays, and I even started to write my next album, which I want to record this year. I do not think I’m going to work on “Stormwatch”, but I’m sure they’ll find someone else, because those have been very successful releases.

A mention of Stormwatch in this new interview with SW:

The good news is that it's May 2018 right now, and the Jethro Tull reissue team have until the end of 2019 (basically about 18 months) to release a 40th anniversary edition of "Stormwatch", so hopefully within those 18 months, Steven Wilson will actually find the time to complete this remix himself and not pass it off to someone else to complete.

Oh well, even if he does not get around to "Stormwatch", I'll be very happy as long as the XTC series keeps moving along, plus I'm sure he'll complete a few more Gentle Giant remixes along the way to continue the quid pro quo arrangement he has with GG's bassist (and DVD/Blu-Ray authoring guru) Ray Shulman.
Finally, I always hold out hope for some more wildcards, like "For Your Pleasure" (Roxy Music) and (RUSH's) "Hemispheres".

:)

If SW has to pass on Stormwatch I wouldn’t mind them giving Bruce Soord a shot at the mix(es) - he’s done a great job lately on his own stuff as well as the Tim Bowness disc, and getting a shot at something with a higher profile would get his name out there more as a guy that can do the job and do it well.

If SW has to pass on Stormwatch I wouldn’t mind them giving Bruce Soord a shot at the mix(es) - he’s done a great job lately on his own stuff as well as the Tim Bowness disc, and getting a shot at something with a higher profile would get his name out there more as a guy that can do the job and do it well.

Since Ian already has a good working relationship with Jakko Jakszyk, I would be very surprised if anyone else got a shot at these remixes besides him.
Jakko does not always do the best work, but his recent remix of "Fish Out Of Water" (Chris Squire) was one of his best, not to mention that his Tull-related mixes are already pretty good.
We'll see what happens in the future, but at least we have "This Was" to look forward to later this year. I certainly hope that Steven Wilson has mixed "Love Story" in surround sound as I think that's the best song from the "This Was" era!

:)

Oh for sure - I would expect that Jakko will get first crack at any further JT stuff, and he has done a decent job on the live discs in the last few sets. Just kinda wishing to see some "new blood" get into the mix.

Thanks for the heads up. They showed to have one copy and I ordered it today. Why is this particular release so hard to come by now? I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on Heavy Horses in case it becomes scarce.

This reminds me I still need to pick up Songs. Yeah...
What the heck happened here?! $300 - $800 prices? Really?!
Did this include an original signed copy of the Beatles butcher cover with each set or something?

Yeah I thought you guys were joking but Ebay is listing some at BUY IT NOW 820 Dollars :eek: WTF:eek: :unsure:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Songs-from-t...m=253554074981&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

There is about 5 from Spain for about 190 Dollars o_O

Definitely can't be right - there has got to be a bundle of these sitting in the warehouse at Burning Shed right??

Amazon.com lists it as "Usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks," which I've found in the past, often times results in never getting shipped at all...

I share your pain. Amazon.com listed Songs from the Wood as "in stock" with shipment in 8 to 14 days, so I ordered it. Amazon has been telling me for three weeks that it's "expected June 22." As of yesterday evening, the order tracking status said that it would be delivered by 8 pm today. I just got an an Amazon email saying that shipment is delayed and they don't know when it will be available. And the Bezos Bots expect me to pay $129 for Amazon Prime? With service like this...well I don't think so.

I share your pain. Amazon.com listed Songs from the Wood as "in stock" with shipment in 8 to 14 days, so I ordered it. Amazon has been telling me for three weeks that it's "expected June 22." As of yesterday evening, the order tracking status said that it would be delivered by 8 pm today. I just got an an Amazon email saying that shipment is delayed and they don't know when it will be available. And the Bezos Bots expect me to pay $129 for Amazon Prime? With service like this...well I don't think so.
I ordered mine thru Amazon.ca and it shipped today and says it will be delivered at the end of the week. It appears they have more available. Mine was $55 shipped.

Back