Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks-JohnN @ QuadsStore

Reading those Re-mix liner notes are a real treat for any Tull fan. 2 DVD'S in Surround and some Quad , what's not to love ?

Those books are getting heavy on my shelf , but wouldn't trade 'em for naught ! :D

I just noticed that Amazon UK price in US dollars, shipped would be $25.65!! I ordered from the Moose for $38!! Ahhhhh
Maybe time to cancel that order......

I just noticed that Amazon UK price in US dollars, shipped would be $25.65!! I ordered from the Moose for $38!! Ahhhhh

Thanks for the heads~up, Gene. Just canceled my AmazonUS order (approximately $40 w/tax) and re~ordered from AmazonUK. Fifteen bucks IS fifteen bucks!

http://jethrotull.proboards.com/post/71051/thread

Lyrics from Old Aces: Dark Ages, Spilling no secrets from the old house of cards

Old Aces was found in a box marked Dark Ages. The song mentions "Dark Ages" in the lyrics & contains lyrics from Living In These Hard Times. Ian Anderson says it is very much a song in its own right. The title is new and a tribute to Lemmy.

And now the anticipation really starts to rev into high gear.....just got that *shipped* notice from The Shed!

Wasn't the UK price reported upstream in this thread?
My Amazon UK order says dispatch on May 20th.

SW90.jpg
SW91.jpg

Awesome, just awesome...yeah, I had the fortune of meeting Jakko and talking for a few minutes and he's VERY humble and discreet (not "discrete", cause that would be the term used in MCH..but semantics aside...)...he would NOT comment on the ELP BSS MCH fiasco...but I got the gist of it...

Can't wait for this to show up and listen to it several times!!!!

Win Bountiful Jethro Tull 40th Anniversary Box "Songs from the Wood" | In The Studio with Redbeard
“Looking back, we all had confidence that the record was a good one”, writes Jethro Tull leader Ian Anderson about 1977’s Songs from the Wood, “but the apparent folky flavour might be a stumbling block in those changing years when early Punk Rock and other returns to rock’s roots threatened to marginalize us more musical and aesthetic types.”This latest uber-expanded super deluxe set in the Jethro Tull catalog series is literally bursting at the seams with three CDs and double DVDs with remastered original sound, a quad 4.0 surround version(!), plus Porcupine Tree prog rocker Steven Wilson‘s new remix on “Songs from the Wood”,”Jack in the Green”,”Hunting Girl”,”The Whistler”, and “Velvet Green”. One of the two DVDs contains rare unseen concert footage from the Jethro Tull 11/77 concert at Capital center in Landover MD. Join the sylvan campfire by registering below before midnight ET June 4 ( North American residents only). From Rhino Entertainment.
By entering this contest, you agree to receive newsletters from InTheStudio. You may unsubscribe at any time.

http://www.inthestudio.net/contests/win-jethro-tull-40th-anniversary-box-songs-from-the-wood/

:banana: Yippee I thought as I read the e-mail

"The following items have been sent:

1 x Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood 40th Anniversary Edition (The Country Set) (3cd/2dvd preorder)

burning shed limited | unit B, yarefield park, old hall road, norwich nr4 6ff, united kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1603 767726 | VAT No. 813 5829 24

www.burningshed.com
"

Then the reality strikes! I'll have to wait :violin, I'm sitting in a hotel room on a business trip to the companies HQ....................so I won't get to play it until I'm back on the 27th :(

Got it. Really great stuff here. For the price it's an incredible proposal, imho.

Not managed to listen to the surround mix yet. Crossing fingers.

Back