Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great post, scratch! This should be required reading for QQ members.

THANKS!

I got a DHL tracking number from ImportCDs last week, it's still not showing up in their system. I also got a USPS tracking number from them today, also not showing up when I search for it. Not sure what's going on.

It was on my doorstep this afternoon. Not deleivered by DHL or USPS, but by UPS. Go figure.

Hello. As of now, my $73 (plus shipping) order from ImportCds.com is still "Open." Ordered on the 27th. I'm only interested in the Blu-Ray. Will sell everything else, kit and kaboodle for $40+$5 for shipping. Stat as soon as I receive. Thanks.

Well, sadly, I just received notification that the order I placed through ImportCDs was cancelled because the item was out of stock...back to Amazon I suppose.

It seems like these guys are pulling the same crap that DeepDiscount does. Advertise something very low, then when the thing hits the streets, cancel the orders because "they are no longer available". What a racket.

You can't argue with the attractive price, but some of their practices seem a bit suspect. It seems inconceivable that they don't offer the same "low price guarantee" that Amazon does. That is if the price drops on a pre-order, you get the lowest price. To lock someone in seems sure to result in mass cancellations and/or ill feelings.

Hello Odys. Yes, at ImportCDs.com on the 27th for $73 plus shipping- a $76.78 total. I seem to be checking my order status via my ImportCDs.com account on the hour after reading all the previous posts here in regards to cancelled orders. If they cancel it won't be the end of the world. My above offer stands to anyone here who is interested in the Non-Blu-Ray items. Thanks.

Re: Jethro Tull 5.1

Originally Posted by wanners View Post
I thought it was noncompressed lossless.

You are combining two words that mean the same thing.

Surrounded

Lossless is a form of compression that results in an exact copy of the original file, but requires less data volume (space) than the original file required.

Non-compressed, means there is no alteration of the file during the copy process. It results in an exact copy of the original file. It does not however reduce file size.

Here is a link to the DTS-HD Master Audio white paper that describes its CODEC:

http://www.dts.com/DownloadDocument.aspx?q=a7beda1e-cfe6-4ca4-b6b2-cda9554bb6a5

I got the link from Wikipedia.

Steven

It seems like these guys are pulling the same crap that DeepDiscount does. Advertise something very low, then when the thing hits the streets, cancel the orders because "they are no longer available". What a racket.
Yea, I just went ahead with the one I had ordered at Best Buy with in-store pickup several days ago. The losers didn't even reserve the set for me so I found it on the shelf and I got the last one. It's in my car trunk right now.

Checked with FYE. They wanted $161.99 but had not ordered any in. Pretty good move on their part.

the biggest store in Portland could only get two.
should be like this. not too many folks will form the line in stores to buy for such price.
at least i see that PF immersion set for $109CAD in retail obviously don't fly off shelves

pictures.

Attachments

• aqualung_box_front.jpg
    aqualung_box_front.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 222
  • aqualung_box_slit.jpg
    aqualung_box_slit.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 235
  • aqualung_box_back.jpg
    aqualung_box_back.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 223
  • aqualung_bd_contents.jpg
    aqualung_bd_contents.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 230
Looks awesome!

I'm still sort of holding out hope on my ImportCDs order, but this will likely be my first and last order from them. I understand that they don't have enough stock to meet demand, but why is it that everyone who asks them for status immediately has their order closed and their money refunded? Also, when I tried to place my order last week, their site rejected my Visa card, but put a hold for the funds on it at the same time. It's been eight days now and the hold is still there. A merchant friend of mine says that anyone who accepts credit as a form of payment has the ability to release reserved funds (my bank said that the merchant can do it, too), yet when I contacted ImportCDs they said I just needed to wait "a few days" for it to clear. It's been a few days, man. I want my money back so I can order my next PF box!!!! (Which, by the way, I planned to order from them! ARGH!)

Nope. MLP is compressed lossless. PCM is noncompressed lossless. Check the Wiki.

'Noncompressed' is typically 'lossless'. So the 'lossless' there is redundant. 'Lossy' and 'lossless' are used to modify 'compressed', ecause a compressed audio file can be either lossy or lossless.

Back