Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw Ian Anderson live at the Union Chapel in London last night. In his chat to the audience he advised that he is meeting Steve Wilson on Monday (September 12, 2011) to discuss the 2012 release of Thick As A Brick including a 5.1 mix.

Regards,

Peter
Whee!

Does anyone know of a U.S. source that has a pre-order with no back order available? I am afraid to commit to Amazon if they won't get more stock. And I prefer not to order from the U.K. due to extra shipping time.

Best Buy is back ordered (and wants $212)! Fry's has no listing. Nor does Elusive disc. Google search only lists Amazon and U.K. as sources.

Amazon.ca has it now (September 30) for $104.62. That price is going to be hard to beat. The USD and CAD are par right now.

WOW! Screaming deal! I'm going to report to Amazon to see if they match and also possibly pre-order with ImportCDs.

Has anyone here done business with them? Are they any good? Can I cancel a pre-order without penalty?

WOW! Screaming deal! I'm going to report to Amazon to see if they match and also possibly pre-order with ImportCDs.

Has anyone here done business with them? Are they any good? Can I cancel a pre-order without penalty?

I have made hundreds of purchases from ImportCD over the years without a single problem. If you wish to cancel a order, you will need to email your request or call. I have cancelled a order only once due to a error I made on a order with no problem. They also sell on Amazon, but the price is usually better if you purchase direct from their website. I purchased the Steven Wilson-Grace For Drowning Blu-Ray at the best price out there. First-Class business to purchase from with World shipping.

Thanks for the tip guys. I'll do some homework on them for sure (in Canada I have to factor in Amazon's free shipping versus a US lower price and shipping hit). I see Quadrophenia has dropped about $20 on Amazon recently. Hopefully it will dip under a hundred bucks by release date as well.

Hey thanks byrdman7! You saved me a bundle. I switched my pre-order to Import CD. Shipping was only $2.99. I think this price will be hard to beat.

You are most welcome. In this day and time we need to save when we can. They always have a good selection with prices hard to beat.

Absolutely; especially this fall where a perfect storm of classic releases in multichannel, like DSOTM, WYWH, Aqualung and Quadrophenia can get one considering a second mortgage. If anyone questions the value of shopping around and passing along tips for mates....check out elusivedisc.com who still has Aqualung listed for $179.99.

Dammit. I waited too long to order. ImportCDs price is up to $99.79, only $4 cheaper than Amazon. Still saves me WA state sales tax, though, and $10 is nothing to sneeze at.

This was in my gold box a couple of days ago for $98. Just no way I can buy this right now though. Been buying too much stuff as it is.

Just purchased from ImportCDs for $76.78 (73.79+2.99 shipping). Get it while its hot and instock.

Thanks for the reminder, byrdman. Shipping is only $5 to Canada so I cancelled my $103 pre-order with Amazon.ca (free shipping) and save a fair bit (won't know for sure until I get the duties bill if any). There is a 13% provincial tax on the Amazon order, so if duties are less than that I'll be way ahead with ImportCD. I hope they offer Quadrophenia this cheap.

I gamble on big ticket items, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. I thought I might have waited too long, but waiting paid off this time :>) I doubt it can be found any cheaper.

Fortunately, most sites like Amazon have no problem letting you cancel a pre-order. I see Elusivedisc is still holding out for $179.99. Anybody who's shells out there, will be pretty miffed if they ever find out what it went for at ImportCDs. Thanks again for the heads up.

Back