Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to pick up just the 5.1 version off someone who only wanted the vinyl. Traded it for Vince Gill dvd audio. Sweet deal I think.

"a Steven Wilson mix of Songs From The Wood (plus extras) currently envisaged for around November 2016...
...there are plans afoot - still to be 100% confirmed - to rerelease Aqualung in March/April 2016......will
be repackaged into the now customary 'book' form, ...some Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes..."

Bloody Hell! And months after I robbed the Church collection baskets to finally buy the Aqualung box...

Tull.jpg

I hope you tossers who buy this: lossy, eenie-weenie, much smaller box, only get a partial 5.1 mix a la Quadrophenia - Collectors Edition. :howl

But wait...there's more!

They picked a fine time to stop (right before Songs From The Wood) and go back down memory lane and cough up Stand Up. I was hoping for SFTW in the early spring. :howl

Blimey.

Next all we need is some over-educated, under-employed California Sunshine Boy to tell us that Tales From Topographic Oceans has been shelved for YES - Big Generator.

:nuke

Where the phook is PK? I need a hug. :eek:

P.S. But seriously...Do you jokers think I will wait for one bloody second to buy Aqualung in the new standard box, so it will slip right in with all my other Tull releases??? Do ya really??? :slap:

@Colsky: Its Friday Lad, Do you have a bottle of Chardonnay chilling yet?

"a Steven Wilson mix of Songs From The Wood (plus extras) currently envisaged for around November 2016...
...there are plans afoot - still to be 100% confirmed - to rerelease Aqualung in March/April 2016......will
be repackaged into the now customary 'book' form, ...some Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes..."

Bloody Hell! And months after I robbed the Church collection baskets to finally buy the Aqualung box...

P.S. But seriously...Do you jokers think I will wait for one bloody second to buy Aqualung in the new standard box, so it will slip right in with all my other Tull releases??? Do ya really??? :slap:

I'm one of those tossers who never got the over priced big Aqualung set, so really hoping this happens, plus of course Songs From The Wood :sun.

I'm not a big fan of white wine, and I don't like Chardonnay anyhoo! Give me a luscious red any day, cheers :friday:

This is great news for folks like me - who boycotted the very expensive box with vinyl. Surround BluRay or DVD (mixed by SW) plus a CD is all I'll ever want or certainly need.

Yep, I'll buy the re-released AL surround disc without one ounce of hesitation, but there was no way I could justify picking up the mega-priced mega-set when all I wanted was the surround disc.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will now happen.

Thanks in advance to Mr. Wilson (again)!

Jon

I'm one of those tossers who never got the over priced big Aqualung set, so really hoping this happens, plus of course Songs From The Wood :sun.

I'm not a big fan of white wine, and I don't like Chardonnay anyhoo! Give me a luscious red any day, cheers :friday:

Regarding the Tull surround releases: So many "standard box" DTS Tull releases were coming out I figured Tull & record company had moved on from Aqualung so I resigned myself
to getting the Box set... when I found one at $120 U.S. I felt I owed it to myself(channel Judge Smails in "Caddyshack") I got sick of "borrowing my friends copy" ;) when I wanted to hear Aqualung in 5.1(which may be the most revolutionary of any surround mix I've heard.)

So I understand your choice not to get the RIP-OFF priced Aqualung Box. Except for 3 or 4 QQers who seem to be able to buy everything that comes out, we all must make choices
and skip some issues. I skipped the Director's Quadrophenia and got lucky it came out some years later on BluRay. I passed on the Steve Hackett overpriced and under-endowed Box.
Was it the great Clint Eastwood here who said: "Who needs 250 more CDs???" And damaged ones at that! :mad:@:

It will be nice to have Aqualung to match all the others, but it will probably be DTS like all the others. I can't wait for Songs From The Wood, but sucks that is a full years away...

....now that Jon Anderson & Steve Howe have leaked little tidbits about Tales, I am praying we soon get news of a Spring 2016 Tales release. (y)

I hope the Aqualung set really happens (and I suspect it will given what has been said). It's not one of my fave JT records but I would have bought a set like this in a flash first time around if it was offered - the quality of the mixes and extras has changed my opinion of a few of the other JT albums that I thought were "okay, but not great." Bring it on, and yes, it'll look really good on the shelf beside all the others!

Just don't delay Songs from the Wood - that one IS one of my absolute faves!

It will be nice to have Aqualung to match all the others, but it will probably be DTS like all the others. I can't wait for Songs From The Wood, but sucks that is a full years away...

We don't know for sure that they will drop the Blu-Ray for this reissue. The last four sets were designed to house four discs each, so there's absolutely no reason that they couldn't keep the same format and utilize all four optical discs that were a part of the original 40th anniversary set, especially since "Aqualung" only has enough content for one DVD, not two like the last four reissues.

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A

My oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A

Mister bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth
It's actual
Everything is satisfactual

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A
Wonderful feeling
Wonderful day

Yeah

View attachment 23372

I hope you tossers who buy this: lossy, eenie-weenie, much smaller box, only get a partial 5.1 mix a la Quadrophenia - Collectors Edition. :howl

But wait...there's more!

They picked a fine time to stop (right before Songs From The Wood) and go back down memory lane and cough up Stand Up. I was hoping for SFTW in the early spring. :howl

Blimey.

Next all we need is some over-educated, under-employed California Sunshine Boy to tell us that Tales From Topographic Oceans has been shelved for YES - Big Generator.

:nuke

Where the phook is PK? I need a hug. :eek:

Bro, it's Friday. Take a chill pill or maybe a beer or three and everything will be OK. We're getting Tales. Our Aqualung-less brethren will get theirs. Quadrophenia is what it is. BTW, I paid more than you for AQL if that makes you feel any better. If not, Ill let you borrow the Hackett box as long as you promise to return it wrapped in a Tales T-shirt! OMG, where am I? This isn't a poll is it? :yikes

If and when they re-release Aqualung they ought to redo the 5.1 mix without the Peter Mew mastering[I remember Steve Wilson was unhappy when he heard it done that way].

If and when they re-release Aqualung they ought to redo the 5.1 mix without the Peter Mew mastering[I remember Steve Wilson was unhappy when he heard it done that way].

It's my hope (and gut feeling) that the new deluxe reissue of "Aqualung" supposedly coming next year will have the flat, unmastered new mixes (stereo & surround), but it's still too tough right now to know for sure whether that will actually be the case or not, particularly since they did not opt to use the flat, unmastered new mixes for the simple CD reissue of the new stereo mix this year.

Although I bought the giant uber Aqualung super deluxe set when it first came out, I'd be tempted to purchase the re-release, just so I don't have to hear that god-awful "POP" on Cross Eyed Mary, ever again. It still manages to scare the hell out of me, every single time.

...Next all we need is some over-educated, under-employed California Sunshine Boy to tell us that Tales From Topographic Oceans has been shelved for YES - Big Generator.

Ooh! Big Generator!

Back when that album dropped, I was dating a gal who, let's just say, was not a big prog fan. :rolleyes: I was hearing it for the first or second time one evening when she came over, and she was pretty gracious about it, even listening with me to the end. Much later, in the middle of the night as I was returning from the bathroom, I thought she was sleeping. To my surprise (and amusement), she suddenly sat upright in bed with eyes closed, said clearly to no one in particular, "I can't believe you bought that new Yes album," then plopped her head back down on the pillow. It was kind of adorable. Next morning she claimed no recollection of her nocturnal candor. :eek:

Jim (still loves Big Generator - how could I not?)

It's my hope (and gut feeling) that the new deluxe reissue of "Aqualung" supposedly coming next year will have the flat, unmastered new mixes (stereo & surround), but it's still too tough right now to know for sure whether that will actually be the case or not, particularly since they did not opt to use the flat, unmastered new mixes for the simple CD reissue of the new stereo mix this year.

That's the plan, but you never know...

That's the plan, but you never know...
I don't see why they shouldn't otherwise it'll be a missed opportunity. Heck if they managed to find what I'm assuming are missing multitracks for Dr. Bogenbroom, From Later and Nursie, heck get them remixed! ?

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Back