Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“It wasn’t a great sounding album,” Anderson told me recently by phone from his home in England. “A few weeks ago, I heard some of the tracks digitally remixed from the original masters by somebody with a fresh pair of ears. He kept the feeling of the original, but gave it a lot more weight, made it sound more solid and clear.”

If Mr. Anderson is so concerned about how it sounds, why the frick would he not put it out on DVD-A, SACD, or Blu-Ray?

I sent a comment to EMI Canada using their webform on the Contact Us page. I told them I was very disappointed that there would be no dvd-audio. They replied via email asking if I was misinformed because that was more information than their Product Manager had. I replied with a link to SW's posting on SHF. They replied again saying that could be legit and that the Manager will keep it in mind when details are discussed.

Might not hurt to send in your own comments.
Send to following, just change your name. You will be done in a minute... Grass roots baby!

http://www.emimusic.ca/#!/about/contact

I WISH FOR DVD-AUDIO TOO! There are many of us. If you build it, we will buy. Really! Blu Ray or SACD is OK too.
Regards,
XXX

So - looks like DVD not DVD-A - lets hope it has DTS....

On the plus side it has the quad mix....

Send to following, just change your name. You will be done in a minute... Grass roots baby!

http://www.emimusic.ca/#!/about/contact

I WISH FOR DVD-AUDIO TOO! There are many of us. If you build it, we will buy. Really! Blu Ray or SACD is OK too.
Regards,
XXX
Thanks Mike for carrying the ball. Just looking at the EMI websites worldwide (http://www.emimusic.com/about/websites/), they seem like a very consumer-aware company and provide lots of ways to get involved. Contact Us is one of them. What have we got to lose? SW himself said in that interview (linked in Tootull's posting #43) that he was trying to get EMI to do at least a DVD-A. We can magnify that push by sending our comments too. The internet is a grass roots communication tool. Hey, let's use it and communicate to the company that is going to make the decision as to whether we get a high-res Aqualung 5.1. We will be disappointed to some degree when we're all playing our non-dvda Aqualung this fall. Imagine how great we would feel if EMI changed their mind.

We can remind them how well "Love" did, and that was a DVD-Audio from EMI

Thanks for the link, I emailed also. We'll just have to wait and see.
Its funny, Tull are touring, in fact I will be seeing them tonight. Its a lost opportunity for sales not to have this package out yet....

Last edited:
I know its anathema here to say this, but based upon how good the caravan DD 5.1 sounds, and having just seen Tull last night and enjoying Aqualung again, I will probably order this even if no dts or dvda. Its always disappointing to know something should be better but you have to enjoy what you can get. Perhaps Ian can include some bonus twitter photos to liven it up.

I know its anathema here to say this, but based upon how good the caravan DD 5.1 sounds, and having just seen Tull last night and enjoying Aqualung again, I will probably order this even if no dts or dvda. Its always disappointing to know something should be better but you have to enjoy what you can get. Perhaps Ian can include some bonus twitter photos to liven it up.
You didn't send an email to EMI just to concede 24 hours later did you? Nothing wrong with dreamin'. It's a long shot but so what. Stand Up now; Benefit later. :D

I emailed them also.[i suggested that the new reissue should be done as a cd/Blu ray set w/DTS HD MA surround instead of the dolby digital version they're planning on].

Why dts HD MA instead of LPCM? LPCM is compatible with older players. dts HD MA is not.

Why dts HD MA instead of LPCM? LPCM is compatible with older players. dts HD MA is not.

Out with the old, in with the new. Oh wait, I asked for DVD-A first! Concur with DTS-HDMA though as that is the best hi-rez format for 2011.

i did send message too. didn't happen as i wanted short, went through their earlier prints of classical serie on DVDA
to latest ADVD BJH "Once Again", to the possibilities of re-issue on DVDA old EMI/Angel quadraphonic catalogs :)

I emailed them also.[i suggested that the new reissue should be done as a cd/Blu ray set w/DTS HD MA surround instead of the dolby digital version they're planning on].
out of question. BD media still expensive compared to regular DVD and recoup of invested means can occure only under
condition of huge quantity of the product with at least 9 out of 10 garanteed demand.
Audio BD still a niche within niche and big labels, oriented on the mass product, wouldn't be soon in hurry to switch from
convinient formats to something new. my guess those couple of releases on BD - nothing else but a testing of future possibilities.

Last edited:
Back