Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed Ian Anderson at Ramblin' Man last year as I was watching Bernie Marsden in the Blues tent playing early Whitesnake material, and on top of that Neil Murray was playing bass with him too. Was probably the closest thing to classic Whitesnake I'll ever see.

And yes, I'm really looking forward to Stand Up. Admittedly, I need to listen to the Folk Trilogy a little more so still unfamiliar with the albums I am at present. :)

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I managed to get in an order at Imported's when they had Aqualung for $18.20 and just got a shipped notice. A little surprised but not totally - they often honor those super low deals that may have been in error but sometimes people have had orders cancelled too.

Also surprising it's been shipped because it hasn't officially been released yet.
Great price at $18.20
It's $26.18 right now which is already low compared to other suppliers.
I've got a $5 off coupon which I'm tempted to use for this, it will at least get me close to that pre-order price

Also surprising it's been shipped because it hasn't officially been released yet.
Great price at $18.20
It's $26.18 right now which is already low compared to other suppliers.
I've got a $5 off coupon which I'm tempted to use for this, it will at least get me close to that pre-order price

The tracking number current shows "pre-shipment info sent to USPS" so that basically means they've probably packed and labelled it. Many places do ship early so that things can be received on release date - Amazon does it, Burning Shed does it etc

The tracking number current shows "pre-shipment info sent to USPS" so that basically means they've probably packed and labelled it. Many places do ship early so that things can be received on release date - Amazon does it, Burning Shed does it etc

Just had an e-mail from Burning Shed, They have posted my Aqualung set, so I should have it release day, this coming Friday.

Yes, people can say whatever they want about how Geddy Lee sings nowadays, but Geddy's always had his work cut out for him with the really high melodies, and I still think he does a pretty good job. Ian on the other hand has a lot easier melodies in a 'normal' male singing range, and he still can't sing to save his life. If I were him, I would just stop singing altogether and let Ryan O'Donnell handle the vocals full time. Not only is he a phenomenal singer, but he has Ian's personality in his voice. I was very thoroughly impressed with his 'onscreen' singing during the recent show, and it really heightened my enjoyment tremendously! :)

I would just stop singing altogether and let Ryan O'Donnell handle the vocals full time. Not only is he a phenomenal singer, but he has Ian's personality in his voice. I was very thoroughly impressed with his 'onscreen' singing during the recent show, and it really heightened my enjoyment tremendously! :)

Given the state of Ian's voice and having caught the previous tour I passed on seeing him over the weekend. In spite of many strong and entertaining musical and theatrical moments his voice was a heavy distraction for me at the last show. A real shame. Fortunately Ryan was with him on stage to share the vocal duties and participate in the antics. RT - too bad Ryan isn't present this tour but glad to hear his video segments were well-integrated.

Just had an e-mail from Burning Shed, They have posted my Aqualung set, so I should have it release day, this coming Friday.
Mine too, but it'll take up to a couple weeks until it reaches Australia so just as well I work away from home and actually won't be home for those couple weeks also. I should expect to see the package waiting for me upon my arrival. :)

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I have been listening to a show I recorded from MTV live(Isle of Wight Festival 2015)while on the internet... and heard Ian "try" to do Locomotive Breath...painful...he even had help on the vocals and it was still bad

I live on the Isle of Wight and my aunt lives only a 10 minute walk from the festival site, but after seeing the Homo Erraticus tour, I decided not to go. It sounds quite painful the way that Ian sings now. On the other hand the band are excellent and the music as great as ever.

I live on the Isle of Wight and my aunt lives only a 10 minute walk from the festival site, but after seeing the Homo Erraticus tour, I decided not to go. It sounds quite painful the way that Ian sings now. On the other hand the band are excellent and the music as great as ever.

I only recorded it because Fleetwood Mac was included...of course they waited until the very end for them to do 3 songs...that sounds like a cool place to live(y)

I only recorded it because Fleetwood Mac was included...of course they waited until the very end for them to do 3 songs...that sounds like a cool place to live(y)

It's a great place to live in the summer. We also have the Bestival later in the year which is probably better than the main festival. In the winter it's wet, windy and quiet. It's cool, but not as cool as the International Space Station...:cool:

Last edited:
Aqualung just arrived from Bullmoose! Sounds fab.

Mine arrived from Bullmoose today too! Spent the afternoon burning my back up copies of the 4 discs since I prefer not to keep removing them from the original package. Tonight I will read the articles in the box. The wife will be out tomorrow so I'll get to give it a good listen. :music

I entered the giveaway even though I have all the sets -

I hereby pledge that if I win, all the sets will be used as forum prizes, or the (net) proceeds from sales will go to the forum coffers. Keep this nice little refuge going....

Back