Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's somewhat cryptic. Is there more to this story?
Close to accurate. ;) I've been helping with Tull deluxe editions since Benefit. I made sure Aqualung was fine this time, repeating the list of glitches often enough. Warner has been great to me. They have shown me that they care.

Of course I'm having fun with the wording.

Just to bring this latest addition of Aqualung into perspective(from my view)...let me say this...those who bought this latest edition are getting an awesome deal...the first time around I was late in buying the Aqualung set and I paid around $150 for it..and all I ever played was the blu ray...and I never had buyers remorse for what I paid for it...BUT...this latest edition I paid a total of $22.46(with shipping and tax included)...for me the fact that it's not a blu ray means nothing ...it's the mix and mastering that are important to me...I'm not obsessed with the numbers...24/96...yada...yada..yada...and since video is not in the equation(for me)...DVD is fine...

Here is a look at the first set and the current "condensed" set...the new book still contains all the pictures as the original expanded set...just more compact

001.jpg
009.jpg

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 319
Close to accurate. ;) I've been helping with Tull deluxe editions since Benefit. I made sure Aqualung was fine this time, repeating the list of glitches often enough. Warner has been great to me. They have shown me that they care.

Of course I'm having fun with the wording.

Speaking of Tull glitches, I noticed the other day that my copy of Thick as a Brick has a few hickups early on in part 1 (5.1 DTS layer). I didn't notice them ever before. This is a replacement copy, not the original. I initially noticed it when playing back a 5.1 flac transfer from the NAS. Thinking I had made a bad transfer, I pulled out the disk (which is pristine) only to find the same glitches at the same times on it. I honestly cant say if they were there from the start or not. Are there known glitches on this disk? Kinda like tiny skips?

Thanks Clint. Nice carpet, is it Scotchguarded? (y)

The worse possible thing happened for me, I coughed up the money for the expensive LP/BluRay set just weeks before the new edition was announced.:violin But I still ordered it instantly. My new edition copy has been shipped from Burning Shed.

It will be great to have all the book style releases together and I eagerly await Songs From The Wood. I consider the extra $$$ spent, the price of being part of this fanatical surround sound dream. Since surround releases are still far from mainstream, I believe that every extra dollar spent
is a message to the industry that we want more!

Steven Wilson's Aqualung in particular is priceless in whatever edition purchased considering the miracle that was performed on it. On occasion I hear a song from the original CD and I cringe. What a difference.

-Edit-

It arrived in the mail today. It fits in perfectly with the others. (y)

how to capture screen

Last edited:
for me the fact that it's not a blu ray means nothing ...it's the mix and mastering that are important to me...I'm not obsessed with the numbers...24/96...yada...yada..yada...and since video is not in the equation(for me)...DVD is fine...

I couldan't agree more. My copy of this is in the mail. I never did buy the BR deluxe version.

I have been saying it all along, these Tull re-issues set the gold standard for value in a reissue series, bar none. Im looking forward to this one, Stand Up, and Songs from the Wood. I also wish thed give the book treatment to Benefit. It looking so out of place on my "Tull Shelf".

I couldan't agree more. My copy of this is in the mail. I never did buy the BR deluxe version.

I have been saying it all along, these Tull re-issues set the gold standard for value in a reissue series, bar none.

I would have to say the XTC reissues are right up there, and IMHO surpass the Tull re-issues given that they have Blu-rays packed with lossless content.

I have been saying it all along, these Tull re-issues set the gold standard for value in a reissue series, bar none. Im looking forward to this one, Stand Up, and Songs from the Wood. I also wish thed give the book treatment to Benefit. It looking so out of place on my "Tull Shelf".

You will be pleased with it:)

Official Albums Chart Update Top 100

36 New - Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG - RHINO

Prince is set for an Official Chart takeover this week as fans pay tribute to the late music icon.

Further down, We Are Scientists’ Helter Seltzer (27), Rufus Wainwright’s Take All My Loves – 9 Shakespeare Sonnets (32), Julian Ovenden’s Be My Love (33), Jethro Tull’s Aqualung (36) and PVRIS’ White Noise (40) could all earn a spot on this week’s Top 40.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart...o-dominate-this-weeks-official-charts__14711/

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart-update/

British schools were just as bad in the 70s, I hated the damn recorder, I'd forgotten how bad they could sound when not played in tune or in unison until you reminded me. My poor father must of hated us kids having to practice it for homework, he had perfect pitch!

It was mandatory to learn to play the recorder in French schools when I was there at the time. Probably because most everyone could afford the cheap plastic ones. I let you imagine a hundred kids with a basic knowledge of the instrument trying to play simultaneously and in tune. :yikes

Speaking of Tull glitches, I noticed the other day that my copy of Thick as a Brick has a few hickups early on in part 1 (5.1 DTS layer). I didn't notice them ever before. This is a replacement copy, not the original. I initially noticed it when playing back a 5.1 flac transfer from the NAS. Thinking I had made a bad transfer, I pulled out the disk (which is pristine) only to find the same glitches at the same times on it. I honestly cant say if they were there from the start or not. Are there known glitches on this disk? Kinda like tiny skips?

Are you absolutely certain that you have a replacement copy? Cause only the defective DVDs should have the three glitches while playing back the 5.1 mix.
Check your copy, and if there's a line under the information where it says "DVD SIDE" then you have the corrected copy. If it doesn't have the line, then it's the original defective copy.

According to my tracking, it is in the mailbox now.....:woopie: Nearly sprung for the BD awhile back, glad i waited. I have a very nice QR dub and curious to A-B them.....after I wear the heels off first, of course.

Last edited:
Back