Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A hint, it is a very progressive recording and it is one of Steven Wilson's finest 5.1 remixes.(it is also an extra copy of one of the discs in the photo.)

Bro, that second photo is too blurry...or could it be my eyes? :yikes And why is it still in the BS package? That's not good for the disc. It needs to breathe :smokin

Bro, that second photo is too blurry...or could it be my eyes? :yikes And why is it still in the BS package? That's not good for the disc. It needs to breathe :smokin

Sorry Lad, here's a better picture:

image hosting over 10mb

A keen eye will show yet another unopened box from BurningShed. (y) I keep them like that to remind me of the excitement
when the postman delivers these goodies to my mailbox. :smokin

@cupboy: I had no idea you were such a huge ELP fan! Nice Photo. :phones

@the group: a fabulous free picture hosting site below(so we don't waste expensive storage at QQ.)

http://postimage.org/

A keen eye will show yet another unopened box from BurningShed. (y) I keep them like that to remind me of the excitement when the postman delivers these goodies to my mailbox. :smokin

OK, that pic tells me everything I need to know about how your brain works :mad:@: so I'll take a crack at your little guessing game: I'm going with The Yes Album and The Power and The Glory...So is this like the carnival where I get to pick my prize? :banana:

OK, that pic tells me everything I need to know about how your brain works :mad:@: so I'll take a crack at your little guessing game: I'm going with The Yes Album and The Power and The Glory...So is this like the carnival where I get to pick my prize? :banana:

You sir, are a genius. :) Although I did rearrange the discs so the unopened boxes were next to their opened counterpart.:rolleyes:

Yes indeed. The unopened packages are in fact, The Power & The Glory and The Yes Album.

By the way, do you have Pink Floyd The Division Bell DTS 5.1 disc?

You sir, are a genius. :) Although I did rearrange the discs so the unopened boxes were next to their opened counterpart.:rolleyes:

Yes indeed. The unopened packages are in fact, The Power & The Glory and The Yes Album.

By the way, do you have Pink Floyd The Division Bell DTS 5.1 disc?

Genius or dumb ass? Usually best to keep 'em guessing:cool:

PF DB DTS? Why you make my brain hurt with questions? (Getting off ass to go check as I don't have my collection memorized. So much for genius.:mad:@:)
Nope. I have Blu-Ray...as well as a blue vinyl, a red vinyl, a clear vinyl, some pictures, (OK, "collectors prints") marbles, scarves, the list never ends...BTW, my fortune teller says we shall see Tales before the tour...:smokin

Here's my ELP collection featuring 6 copies of BSS.
ELP_collection.jpg

YOU GOT IT BAD!

Nope. I have Blu-Ray...as well as a blue vinyl, a red vinyl, a clear vinyl, some pictures, (OK, "collectors prints") marbles, scarves, the list never ends...BTW, my fortune teller says we shall see Tales before the tour...:smokin

k, cause I have an extra copy of PF - TDB DTS if you needed it. (y) However, I would ask you to please not blow you nose on the collector scarves...

YES - Tales in 5.1 is unstoppable now and I think is very much an unavoidable reality. I wonder if it will come out in DVD-A or just BluRay?

k, cause I have an extra copy of PF - TDB DTS if you needed it. (y) However, I would ask you to please not blow you nose on the collector scarves...

YES - Tales in 5.1 is unstoppable now and I think is very much an unavoidable reality. I wonder if it will come out in DVD-A or just BluRay?

We're getting pretty far off-topic here, but I do hope that "Tales" will be released on both Blu-Ray and DVDA like the other Yes releases, but I'll gladly settle for just a Blu-Ray release if that's the direction things are headed.

Now, back to Jethro Tull, we're now into May, and I wonder whether or not the original release plan is still on track, which is "Stand Up" in the Summer, followed by "Songs from the Wood" in the Fall. It's certainly not impossible right now, so let's see if they can keep up this super brisk pace they have developed since the end of 2013! :)

I'm really pleased with the "Adapted" version of the 40th Anniversary release of Aqualung. The Steven Wilson remixes sans the Peter Mews mastering are really a delight to the ears. It actually sounds something like what one would expect Aqualung to sound like in surround, only clearer, and less like a remastering job of the original album. I can actually pump Locomotive Breath as much as I dare and it still sounds amazing, not brittle like the 2011 deluxe box (to my ears on my system of course). And as a 1st impression, the relative loudness of the different tracks seems truer to the original album than the 2011 version.

I remember how disappointed I was initially with the blu-ray in the box and now I know why. It was all in the remastering of Steven Wilson's remix. Thanks to Ian, Steven, Warner and everyone else that was involved in putting this out again after 5 years and sounding the way it was meant to sound.

Wond'ring Aloud....

Just got the 2 cd / 2 dvd version today from amazon. Thanks to this thread, I didn't even know this version had been released (or was even in the works). I was still contemplating having to buy the 40th anniversary blu-ray set. Whew!

Thank you Steven Wilson.

Listening to the DTS 96/24 dvd in my car.

cross-eyed mary :music

bonus track: My God (early version) 5.1 :banana:

Last edited:
Close to accurate. ;) I've been helping with Tull deluxe editions since Benefit. I made sure Aqualung was fine this time, repeating the list of glitches often enough. Warner has been great to me. They have shown me that they care.

Of course I'm having fun with the wording.

So, any prospect of a TAAB reissue without the Mew mastering?

Amazingly, somewhere in the booklet that came with the DVD Aqualung reissue, there are words of high praise for Peter Mew and how he is well trusted to master work from popular artists.

I believe Peter Mew is still Senior Mastering Engineer at Abbey Road Studios. With decades of experience, I am not surprised he is praised and trusted in mastering (remastering) of popular works. There should not be anything amazing about such references. In my opinion, he deserves his well earned reputation as an audio engineer. Generally, I like his masterings (remasters).:)

I believe Peter Mew is still Senior Mastering Engineer at Abbey Road Studios. With decades of experience, I am not surprised he is praised and trusted in mastering (remastering) of popular works. There should not be anything amazing about such references. In my opinion, he deserves his well earned reputation as an audio engineer. Generally, I like his masterings (remasters).:)

Peter Mew retired.

http://www.examiner.com/article/abb...-who-worked-on-beatles-mccartney-cds-retiring

Back