Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Urrrrrrrrgh Bullmoose and their sub par packaging on hefty box sets - Plain bubble envelope equal bent corner :rolleyes:

It going back for replacement or return

2nd time this has happened by them

Should have ordered from Burning Shed! :howl

Single or DOuble Cds or Blurays fine...........but Boxsets never again from Bullmoose :howl

Urrrrrrrrgh Bullmoose and their sub par packaging on hefty box sets - Plain bubble envelope equal bent corner :rolleyes:

Single or DOuble Cds or Blurays fine...........but Boxsets never again from Bullmoose :howl

Mine arrived today, exactly the same. The corners are bent and on mine, there is a sizable dent in the top center of front cover. Not very happy about that either. It arrived in a flimsy yellow package.

Mine arrived today, exactly the same. The corners are bent and on mine, there is a sizable dent in the top center of front cover. Not very happy about that either. It arrived in a flimsy yellow package.

Yep Same.......I PMd bullmoose on here about it and gave him/her links to my 2 posts.............more i think about it the more i think I will just return it and buy from shed or Amazon.

LMAO funny thing they pack it in a bubble envelope and marked it FRAGILE :rolleyes:

Still waiting for mine from importcds.
Out Of Time pre-order showing as back-ordered.

I've said it before but this time I mean it.
I'm done with them and their mystery shipping for good.

mine came from Import Cds and also packaged terrible. Top of spine a bit crushed. Came with Beatles 2 blu ray and on a package like that they couldn't use a box? Not major enough to return, too much trouble.

So, I was sifting through my Tull purchases. I have the following:

TOO OLD TO ROCK-N-ROLL, TOO YOUNG TO DIE.
MINSTREL IN THE GALLERY
WAR CHILD
AQUALUNG (UNOPENED!!)
STAND UP
A PASSION PLAY

So, I don't have Thick As A Brick - was that a 40th Anniversay Wilson release? Either way, out of print, right?
I also noticed another I don't have. Benefit. I suppose I should go ahead and get it. I mean, it's less than $25 on Amazon.

Anything else I'm missing?

So, I was sifting through my Tull purchases. I have the following:

TOO OLD TO ROCK-N-ROLL, TOO YOUNG TO DIE.
MINSTREL IN THE GALLERY
WAR CHILD
AQUALUNG (UNOPENED!!)
STAND UP
A PASSION PLAY

So, I don't have Thick As A Brick - was that a 40th Anniversay Wilson release? Either way, out of print, right?
I also noticed another I don't have. Benefit. I suppose I should go ahead and get it. I mean, it's less than $25 on Amazon.

Anything else I'm missing?

EDIT: Opps just noticed you mentioned .... Benefit in you're last paragraph.

its a goodie... recommended!

Wow,

"Benefit "and "Thick As A Brick "your missing out Gos, probably two of the best 'Tull's, least ways I think so anyways.:smokin

They're must haves for any Tull fan.

Not sure how I missed buying Benefit upon release......how long has it been available?
EDIT - Amazon says October 2013??? :yikes

It's been out a while... It's a 3 Disc standard fold out digipak if you're looking for it on the shelf! Some of us collecting all of the Tull book sets have a hope that it will get re-issued in the now normal book format to cure any OCD issues, especially now that Stand Up is out, it really can't sit in between that and the Aqualung book! ;)

It's been out a while... It's a 3 Disc standard fold out digipak if you're looking for it on the shelf! Some of us collecting all of the Tull book sets have a hope that it will get re-issued in the now normal book format to cure any OCD issues, especially now that Stand Up is out, it really can't sit in between that and the Aqualung book! ;)

Uh oh....so it's not shaped like all the other ones? I was only looking for a book style. I will need to look for it again. Serious....it's possible I already have it. I have so much music and depending on when I buy stuff...they get stuck on a shelf and forgotten.

Uh oh....so it's not shaped like all the other ones? I was only looking for a book style. I will need to look for it again. Serious....it's possible I already have it. I have so much music and depending on when I buy stuff...they get stuck on a shelf and forgotten.

Haha, yep exactly, welcome to our world! It looks like this...

http://jethrotull.com/benefit-2cddvd-collectors-edition/

You might want to hold fire on Thick As A Brick, that was released under EMI and has the dodgy Peter Mew mastering, there are later corrected editions but they are a pain to come by, it took me four attempts to get a correct one. The general consensus seems to be that it will get a re-release at some point in the near future with the SW mixes flat as is now the norm, like Aqualung was. Might be worth waiting...

Oh yeah, go and open Aqualung, you're in for a treat!

Haha, yep exactly, welcome to our world! It looks like this...

http://jethrotull.com/benefit-2cddvd-collectors-edition/

You might want to hold fire on Thick As A Brick, that was released under EMI and has the dodgy Peter Mew mastering, there are later corrected editions but they are a pain to come by, it took me four attempts to get a correct one. The general consensus seems to be that it will get a re-release at some point in the near future with the SW mixes flat as is now the norm, like Aqualung was. Might be worth waiting...

Ah, OK - so the version of BRICK out on the street is not a 40th Anniversary by Steven Wilson huh? I'll wait and see if he does something with it.
And, I do not have Benefit. :) But on order from Amazon.

Ah, OK - so the version of BRICK out on the street is not a 40th Anniversary by Steven Wilson huh? I'll wait and see if he does something with it.
And, I do not have Benefit. :) But on order from Amazon.

Yes it is, it's just a pain to get the corrected version, but if you do it's another SW masterpiece, definitely one of my favourites in the series and worth the effort to seek out a corrected one...

http://jethrotull.com/taab-40th-anniversary-special-editions-released/

Back