Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jakko just posted this photo on his Facebook page of what he is working on at the moment:
16266017_10212202900252246_4811143701979005816_n.jpg

It's clearly a still from a Jethro Tull concert (with John Glascock and Barriemore Barlow in frame) but what show is it and what package is it for?
It may not be for the "Songs from the Wood" set but might be something for the "Heavy Horses" set, perhaps.
Ooh, this is exciting!

:)

Cool, looks interesting! It would certainly be nice to get a full gig from that line up in 5.1, plus the video as well ;-)

I assume (and hope!) it's for a second DVD in a forthcoming set. I gather that there aren't that many recorded Tull gigs from that era so maybe that makes it easier to narrow it down and match the dates and guess which set it will be part of.
It stands a chance it is for Songs From the Wood though if he's working on it now...

Cool, looks interesting! It would certainly be nice to get a full gig from that line up in 5.1, plus the video as well ;-)

I assume (and hope!) it's for a second DVD in a forthcoming set. I gather that there aren't that many recorded Tull gigs from that era so maybe that makes it easier to narrow it down and match the dates and guess which set it will be part of.
It stands a chance it is for Songs From the Wood though if he's working on it now...

Well if the two pictures are related, Jakko has already said when commenting on the multitrack transfer picture that this is NOT for "Songs from the Wood".

Wasn't there a Tull gig recorded in MSG in 1978???

A further picture a few days ago from his Twitter of transferring a multitrack from 1977 to digital:
C1zTGEfWEAAfd_p.jpg:large

Plus he replies that this multitrack is definitely not for the "Songs from the Wood" reissue.

Thanks !

It's great to know Jakko is still doing the" LIVE TULL" material. He does exceptional work and his record speaks for itself.

Looking forward to this. :D

PS I trust one day he will perhaps take on ELP'S live material, WBMFTTSTNE....LAG, ELP !

I recorded it onto Reel-to-Reel from a rather old valve FM stereo radio I'd been given, it was a simultaneous Sight (BBC2) & Sound (Radio 2 FM Stereo) broadcast, I even left the Uni bar early to record it (not sober I hasten to add), and there were Gremlins during the transmission. I still have the tape, and the R-to-R recorder, luckily not the hangover!

Wasn't there a Tull gig recorded in MSG in 1978???

I recorded it onto Reel-to-Reel from a rather old valve FM stereo radio I'd been given, it was a simultaneous Sight (BBC2) & Sound (Radio 2 FM Stereo) broadcast, I even left the Uni bar early to record it (not sober I hasten to add), and there were Gremlins during the transmission. I still have the tape, and the R-to-R recorder, luckily not the hangover!

It's been out on DVD for years (the disc has the complete concert, though only part of the show has video, the rest is audio-only + still photos)

https://www.amazon.com/Jethro-Tull-Madison-Square-Garden/dp/B002IR3PSC

I'm hoping that the other release in surround that will be remixed/ worked on turns out to be the first Tull disc.

JETHRO TULL'S- "THIS WAS" perhaps by................this fall ? :smokin

I'm certain the book and bonus tracks will be most interesting for this 1968 album. Way cool.:sun

I'm hoping that the other release in surround that will be remixed/ worked on turns out to be the first Tull disc.

I'm certain the book and bonus tracks will be most interesting for this 1968 album. Way cool.:sun

Whatever 1977 thing he is working on, that Ocean Way Recording sheet, dated 1997, next to him in his Twitter pic refers to a Rolling Stones project. 'Glimmer Twins' and 'Promotone BV' are both Stones-associated.

My dream would be "Songs from the Wood" in the Spring (which seems very likely) and "Heavy Horses" in the Fall.
Those are the best of the remaining classic Jethro Tull albums IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever 1977 thing he is working on, that Ocean Way Recording sheet, dated 1997, next to him in his Twitter pic refers to a Rolling Stones project. 'Glimmer Twins' and 'Promotone BV' are both Stones-associated.

I don't know of any Stones/Tull collaboration for 97 ? But they did indeed have 68's Rock And Roll Circus, perhaps we may yet see something similar. Of couse Jakko could just be working with some Stones only material ?
If it is, it would be much better surround than their multitude of recently released live 5.1 concerts.:smokin

I don't know of any Stones/Tull collaboration for 97 ? But they did indeed have 68's Rock And Roll Circus, perhaps we may yet see something similar. Of couse Jakko could just be working with some Stones only material ?
If it is, it would be much better surround than their multitude of recently released live 5.1 concerts.:smokin

Jakko has already said that the Stones track sheet seen in the picture has absolutely NOTHING to do with the multitrack transfer he was present for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looking through the latest Classic Rock magazine that arrived today, accompanied by a large malt whiskey and listening to Mike Oldfield's Crises. The magazine includes a very good article on the making of Songs From The Wood. It doesn't give any more clues on the extras to be included in the upcoming special edition, but the article does end by saying Songs From The Wood:The Country Set will be released in May. So we at least now know the name and approximate release date :)

...Songs From The Wood:The Country Set will be released in May. So we at least now know the name and approximate release date :)
So, SFTW is next, likely followed by This Was in the fall (either Steven or Ian confirmed it was happening/done), and then... Hopefully Heavy Horses for Christmas or early 2018? Presumably, Stormwatch is on the docket, too, but I'm guessing that may be the end of the special editions.

Back