Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this isn't auctioneer but retailers, who's make profit on sales volume.
the simplest law of sales - if demand exist, use the moment and sell as much as you can, particularly when supplies can be limitless.
the closest example sales on pre orders is Rush DVDA
when Rush in ranking moved to top 5 amazon bestsellers in music, price was dropped from $20 to under $15 to boost sales even more.
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,986 in Music (See Top 100 in Music) - present statistic for this release of JT box-set.
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #281 in Music (See Top 100 in Music) - PF-DSOTM (also expensive)
the point is - if pre-order sales less than expected, then let's make impression they are better by rising the price and then dropping them down to what it was. it's just psychological marketing move.

First of all, Pink Floyd is very likely to sell more than JT (both of them are my top 10 favorite bands, so no offence) when their album with similar strength are in comparison.

I agree that more sales may prompt reducing items value, it makes sense because when you sell in larger volume a retailer can keep buying prices less & afford less profit margin.

But I don't buy that reverse is true, i.e. it does not mean lower price mean it is selling well and higher value means it is selling bad.

So did amazon change the status to Temporarily out of stock to lower its sales? Now it is 6000+. If a person sees a listing with status temporary out of stock with higher price at the same time, he/she won't buy from there. That may work if people do not have options but JT set is sold by so many retailers. So again what's the point?

First of all, Pink Floyd is very likely to sell more than JT (both of them are my top 10 favorite bands, so no offence) when their album with similar strength are in comparison.
hey, maybe it just way more people desperate to have fake tickets, scarves and marbles
or just willing to have more lbs. for their money :)

there wasn't anything in stock so how it can be "out of stock".
still three months to go and pretty much amazon customers well know the policies "lowest price warranty".
it's just sort of to do people to feel lil'bit regret "shit, why didn't place order earlier".
as i said - still long three month to go and amazon have plenty of time to play their BS.

anyway i won't buy either of this releases on such conditions. already have bunch of surround
releases with artists who's off my interest and which bought only to support the format.
time showed no appreciations for my effort from the labels. their appetite for mine hard earned
(and quite limited) money just grows. so, that's it - now i make for myself the rule, no more
than $30 bucks for single album in advanced surround mix. if labels won't play fair game, then
me either.
the truth is, i can survive without music. do music labels can survive without my money?

anyway i won't buy either of this releases on such conditions. already have bunch of surround
releases with artists who's off my interest and which bought only to support the format.
time showed no appreciations for my effort from the labels. their appetite for mine hard earned
(and quite limited) money just grows. so, that's it - now i make for myself the rule, no more
than $30 bucks for single album in advanced surround mix. if labels won't play fair game, then
me either.
the truth is, i can survive without music. do music labels can survive without my money?

Other than the part about "I can survive without music" I'm with you buddy!

hey, maybe it just way more people desperate to have fake tickets, scarves and marbles
or just willing to have more lbs. for their money :)

Not me too...

there wasn't anything in stock so how it can be "out of stock".

It works on paper, if they order for 100 copies, system may show out of stock after 100 pre-orders are filed. Remember it is about an application which understands numbers. Once they order second batch more will be available. ok, I am guessing but inventories work like that.

Two years ago, EMI pressed a limited number on Beatles Mono CD boxes. It was imported from Japan. I bought one. "There's only one pressing and it's limited." Since it sold out in a heartbeat, voila! More were pressed/imported from Japan. Like the cassettes and LP's of the Springsteen live box in the 80's, everyone choked on the extra pressing and EMI ultimately discounted their dealer cost on the Beatles Mono CD Box. I'm guessing that EMI will attempt to satisfy all existing demand with the first pressing of Aqualung. If the demand is there, they'll press more.

Linda
Not me too...

It works on paper, if they order for 100 copies, system may show out of stock after 100 pre-orders are filed. Remember it is about an application which understands numbers. Once they order second batch more will be available. ok, I am guessing but inventories work like that.

Just chiming with most of the chorus here to say what a disappointment it is that the 5.1 mix won't be available for separate purchase. I, too, would buy a separate release in a heartbeat, but I cannot justify a >$100 expenditure for the whole set, particularly as vinyl and the stereo remix just doesn't interest me personally.

Here's hoping the powers-that-be on this release hear our pleas to make a 5.1 separate release available someday. I'll be first in line for that purchase :) !

You tortured me into confessing! I'm the reason that the record labels market this way. I'll be first in line for Aqualung, Quadrophenia and Immersion. Within the last year, I sprung for 3 deluxe McCartneys, The 71 CD/1 DVD Complete Miles on Columbia, Bitches Brew, Who at Live at Leeds(& Hull), Lennon Collection, Hendrix's West Coast Seattle Boy, Layla, Petty Live Anthology Blu-Ray, Complete Doors at Felt Forum, Dylan Mono box. and Springsteen's Darkness box w/Blu-Ray. All but Petty & the Doors had heavy doses of things I already owned.

Can you say S-U-C-K-E-R? I knew you could.

Linda

=jkoolpe;132140]Just chiming with most of the chorus here to say what a disappointment it is that the 5.1 mix won't be available for separate purchase. I, too, would buy a separate release in a heartbeat, but I cannot justify a >$100 expenditure for the whole set, particularly as vinyl and the stereo remix just doesn't interest me personally.

Here's hoping the powers-that-be on this release hear our pleas to make a 5.1 separate release available someday. I'll be first in line for that purchase :) ![/QUOTE]

Here's hoping the powers-that-be on this release hear our pleas to make a 5.1 separate release available someday. I'll be first in line for that purchase :) !
Way back in this thread you can read about how we reached the powers-that-be when they were still saying that there would not be a hi-rez 5.1 release. If you want a separate 5.1 release send your comments to: http://www.emimusic.ca/#!/about/contact.

Just chiming with most of the chorus here to say what a disappointment it is that the 5.1 mix won't be available for separate purchase.

they will sell separate prints. main objective of EMI isn't some sort of special feelings to album or artist
but willingness to make money. box consist different formats of mediums which quite easily can be break down
into separate units. just be patient and wait for several month :)

they will sell separate prints. main objective of EMI isn't some sort of special feelings to album or artist
but willingness to make money. box consist different formats of mediums which quite easily can be break down
into separate units. just be patient and wait for several month :)

One of the most expensive box ever (original price/number of albums)? No surround though. :yikes
It seems it has Actung Baby & Zooropa albums.

http://www.amazon.com/Achtung-Baby-Uber-Deluxe-U2/dp/B005FVA63A/ref=pd_bxgy_m_text_b

Makes JT, PF boxes priced like loose changes.

You may have overlooked the special offer...if you get this Uber-Deluxe box set WITH the Super Deluxe box set and WITH the vinyl box, you can get the whole thing for a tidy $973.54!!!!!

Now where'd I put my Diner's Club card......

from Ian Anderson

Many thanks to Tim Chacksfield and Steve Davis at EMI for all their hard work and initiative in making this happen. And to the enthusiastic and respectful Steven Wilson. Who has just sent me the remixes of another album to listen to, which he has been working on. But, another year, another story....

Thick as a Brick 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition? How about Benefit?

One of the most expensive box ever (original price/number of albums)? No surround though. :yikes

http://www.amazon.com/Achtung-Baby-Uber-Deluxe-U2/dp/B005FVA63A/ref=pd_bxgy_m_text_b

fuel is expensive now. i guess Bono has hard time to fuel up his private jet for another promo photo session
with hammer in his hands and freshly built house for poor african villagers in background :)

Wow.

Is it just me or are there others disappointed by these box sets more and more. Yesterday I opened my Depeche Mode Sound of the Universe Deluxe Box Set. Listening to the music in the box is extra uncomfortable. You have to wade through sticker, postcards, books, gimmicks etc. to find the MC disc in some cheap cardboard sleeve. The record company knows that a collector will never wear the buttons, use the stickers or send the postcards. The box is filled with useless shelf-ware making the access to the music harder. And to store that beast you need a special space to store it. My idea was to sell it and get the MC disc in some smaller box also available. I found that in Germany you can still get a new copies of my Deluxe Box without any problems - for half the price I paid.

Good luck U2 has no MC mixes at all and we can skip.

Markus

P.S. In Germany the U2 Über Deluxe box is announced at Amazon.de below for Eur 300 (USD 435). Looks like they are trying to find the maximum price they can squeeze out of fans.

Wow.
Yesterday I opened my Depeche Mode Sound of the Universe Deluxe Box Set. Listening to the music in the box is extra uncomfortable. You have to wade through sticker, postcards, books, gimmicks etc. to find the MC disc in some cheap cardboard sleeve. The record company knows that a collector will never wear the buttons, use the stickers or send the postcards.

Sound of the Universe was released on its own as well. Good album....and mix.

Does anyone know of a U.S. source that has a pre-order with no back order available? I am afraid to commit to Amazon if they won't get more stock. And I prefer not to order from the U.K. due to extra shipping time.

Best Buy is back ordered (and wants $212)! Fry's has no listing. Nor does Elusive disc. Google search only lists Amazon and U.K. as sources.

I saw Ian Anderson live at the Union Chapel in London last night. In his chat to the audience he advised that he is meeting Steve Wilson on Monday (September 12, 2011) to discuss the 2012 release of Thick As A Brick including a 5.1 mix.

Regards,

Peter

Back