Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sleeve fronts.
http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/tootull/?start=all
http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/tootull/?action=view&current=CDoneAqualung.jpg
CD One
CDoneAqualung.jpg

DVD
DVDAqualung40.jpg

CD Two
CDtwoAqualung40.jpg

Blu-ray
Blu-rayAqualung40.jpg

Has anyone been shipped their order from ImportCDs?

Mine is still "Not Yet Shipped"...

Arghhhh.....

What's weird is that ImportCDs cancelled my order and then yesterday sent me an email saying the order had shipped...I already got a copy from Amazon and don't want a second copy, so I really hope they didn't actually ship it. Here's hoping yours ships soon.

Arghhhh.....

Re-ordered one today from B&N with a 25% off coupon. Should have it in a few days.

I'm keeping B&N in business this week with this and all the half-price Criterion Blu-rays. And last week the 40% off classical sale.

Mine too, states shipped from importcds on Saturday, though like the earlier poster mentioned, the tracking doesn't really work.

If it shows up, late and all, I will be thrilled at the price and will keep ordering from these guys.

I talked to the store manager at a Best Buy on Saturday, the best price he could do was $129 - still a good $55 more than the importcd price. With the Rush sets ordered at $38 each and Quadrophenia at $104, the prices are just to good for me to pass.

I even ordered the new remastered Kansas complete box at $40. ($40 for 11 CDS? - this is really low).

I'm in the same situation. Web always says 'Not in stock, back ordered' every time I check. From the posts here I understand that actually they must have had stock. Did they also asked pre-payment from you?

Markus

Arghhhh.....

I'm in the same situation. Web always says 'Not in stock, back ordered' every time I check. From the posts here I understand that actually they must have had stock. Did they also asked pre-payment from you?

Markus

Yep - Pre-paid.....

If I do get it (eventually) I can't complain about the price.

FYI - Still hasn't shipped.

Yes, it is cheap. But if in the end they return our money (if we are lucky) it was a cheap loan we have given to them. In the meantime the price went up in their shop. Let's hope we get it at the cheap price. For me it is dirty cheap since the USD is cheap in contrast to Euros. At Amazon.de I would pay ~107 Euro which is USD 145 as of today. But if I do not get it it is not a bargain.

Markus

Yep - Pre-paid.....

If I do get it (eventually) I can't complain about the price.

FYI - Still hasn't shipped.

5.1 - And a third glitch, this one on My God - Read more at the SHtv link:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...hro-Tull-AQUALUNG-Blu-Ray&p=136666#post136666

Man this is a bummer... I just hopped on to see if anybody else had experienced this. I get the glitch on cross eyed mary at 7:53 and the Wind Up glitch at 41:27. Scared the crap out of me when I first heard it. Thought I blew a tweeter or something. It's on both PCM 5.1 and DTS MA 5.1 on blu and the surround mixes on the DVD. Doesn't seem to be present on the stereo mixes. I didn't notice the My God glitch but then again I've listened to these twice before and hadn't noticed. I don't know how I could have missed it before.

5.1 MY GOD glitch:
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=267548&page=15
Similar sounding glitches, all three. On My God at about the 27:45 mark. That one is the toughest to hear because it blends in well. Once you've heard it, you will always hear it, IMO. Makes my dog's ears perk up, that's for sure.

I found a third glitch in the 5.1 mix very similar to the ones in Cross Eyed Mary and Wind Up. This one is in both front channels at about 6:38 into My God.- MarkN
MyGod_Glitch.jpg

Tiny glitches on the 5.1. The 5.1 mix is one for the ages. Too bad, so sad. Don't be put off, just in case this is not fixed.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?15133-Jethro-Tull-AQUALUNG-Blu-Ray/page2

Hello. Gave up and cancelled my order with IMPORTCDS.com. Was kinda on the fence the whole time with even wanting the whole shebang in the first place. Had no need for anything BUT the Blu-Ray. After reading here at QQ about the glitches......well, not a loss. Will look for some bargains way down the line if not having this is a lingering issue in my head. Thanks.

Hello. Gave up and cancelled my order with IMPORTCDS.com. Was kinda on the fence the whole time with even wanting the whole shebang in the first place. Had no need for anything BUT the Blu-Ray. After reading here at QQ about the glitches......well, not a loss. Will look for some bargains way down the line if not having this is a lingering issue in my head. Thanks.
Received mine from Importcds a couple days ago. I can honestly say the glitches haven't diminished my enjoyment of this release at all.

Received mine from Importcds a couple days ago. I can honestly say the glitches haven't diminished my enjoyment of this release at all.

By all means, it's still a fantastic release and sounds incredible. Hopefully talk of these glitches don't deter anybody too much from buying this. The cross eyed mary glitch is rather distracting but the other two aren't too bothersome.

Back