Warner Japan To Reissue DVDA Titles as SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my Hotel California sacd. Thank you US Post Office for misplacing my amazon shipment. A personal visit was needed and two employess to track down where they put it. Since i don't have the dvda i have nothing to compare it to you, so I'm sure I will like it.
On another note I am now the proud owner of a dbx II 224 purchased on ebay for $25. Thank you QQers, particularly disclord and Quad Linda for the reccomendation. So I will now be able to listen to my one dbx record and one dbx download..... :)

Finally got my Hotel California sacd. Thank you US Post Office for misplacing my amazon shipment. A personal visit was needed and two employess to track down where they put it. Since i don't have the dvda i have nothing to compare it to you, so I'm sure I will like it.
On another note I am now the proud owner of a dbx II 224 purchased on ebay for $25. Thank you QQers, particularly disclord and Quad Linda for the reccomendation. So I will now be able to listen to my one dbx record and one dbx download..... :)

I need to make a CD-R of my Nautilus Records dbx LP of Diana Ross: Diana so you can have another dbx recording. NONE of the CD reissues can match the sound quality of the dbx LP's - the dbx Heart is just jaw-dropping in its fidelity. Glad you found a decoder for so cheap - It just takes a bit of looking.

I don't remember anything about a third batch of Warner Surround SACDs. It could happen. Probably depends on the sales of the first two sets of SACDs.

Well, I'm doing my part to ensure a 3rd batch having ordered all but two. The two I skipped are the Ronstadt and the Nightfly (or whatever it's called).

I have a Maria Muldaur LP and another Classical LP in DBX, I'll have to pull them out for the exact titles but
if you're into DBX, you can have them if I can find them.
I can't play them properly anymore.

I'd be interested in those. please PM me. What's the Muldaur title?

Linda

Linda, if you get them, please make me un-decoded lossless PCM copies so I can make encoded CD's for use with my dbx II gear (I have a dbx 128 compressor-expander+dbx II NR encoder/decoder and a dbx 224 encoder/decoder). I'm now searching ebay for the dbx "boom box" sub-harmonic synthesizer at a decent price and the Russound quad patch-bay.

Disclord, I don't recall how many patch cables came with the Russound, but it was at least a dozen. They have mono mini plugs on each end.

Linda

Linda, if you get them, please make me un-decoded lossless PCM copies so I can make encoded CD's for use with my dbx II gear (I have a dbx 128 compressor-expander+dbx II NR encoder/decoder and a dbx 224 encoder/decoder). I'm now searching ebay for the dbx "boom box" sub-harmonic synthesizer at a decent price and the Russound quad patch-bay.

Disclord, I don't recall how many patch cables came with the Russound, but it was at least a dozen. They have mono mini plugs on each end.

Linda

Those kinds of cables are easy to find cheaply on eBay - I just want the Russound so I can manage all my decoders and such - the IMAX projection booth I used to work in and manage had a massive patch bay so we could bypass any part of the sound system that wasn't working, such as the mag dubber, the DTS P8 unit, the Dolby CP-500, the IDA units, etc... and re-patch channels: like send Left/Right surround to Center Top (I can't recall which film needed that), so the idea of having something as sophisticated as the Russound is very exciting. And will give me fits of giggles watching Tony try to figure out how to listen to his K-tel albums through the Fosgate Tate!

Linda, I said Maria Muldaur, but I goofed, it's Melissa Manchester's Don't Cry Out Loud.
The other DBX title is:
Holst - The Planets with the Scottish National Orch. conducted by Sir Alexander Gibson on Chandos.
They are yours for the asking.
I have no use for them anymore so you are welcome to have them.
I'd rather see someone give them a good home instead of them sitting there in a box.
PM me with a place to send them off to.
Both are mint BTW.

-Bob

Thanks, Bob. I'm touched by your generosity. Muldaur in dbx? I wasn't aware of one. The Melissa is already in my collection and I have a SACD multi Planets that I'm fond of.

Likely Discord or jefe would be elated to have these. Boys??

Linda

Linda, I said Maria Muldaur, but I goofed, it's Melissa Manchester's Don't Cry Out Loud.
The other DBX title is:
Holst - The Planets with the Scottish National Orch. conducted by Sir Alexander Gibson on Chandos.
They are yours for the asking.
I have no use for them anymore so you are welcome to have them.
I'd rather see someone give them a good home instead of them sitting there in a box.
PM me with a place to send them off to.
Both are mint BTW.

-Bob

So was a third batch ever announced?

And how do these SACDs - particularly Rumours and Machine Head - sound in comparison to their DVD-A counterparts?

Also, do they come in jewel cases?

Questions, questions....

I don't have have both DVD-As & SACDs of the same album, but the general conscience from the people who has both is, DVD-A is slightly better, SACD has louder bass. It's the same mix & the difference is not huge.

and yes, they come in jewel cases but since there on plastic slip, once you open the wrap, the obi is loose. So I have kept them inside the jewel case.

Now the question is will it stop after 2nd batch like Rhino Quadio? :mad:

Back