Warner Japan To Reissue DVDA Titles as SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its time to allow these 5.1 files to be purchased as a download if the disc production runs are this small. Then we the fans of 5.1 can buy these at our own leasure. I am not a fan of owning a digital file but I think this is a way to get what we want when we want.

I would love to have Rumours in 5.1

Warner Japan has apparently deleted all the titles. HMV.co.jp already shows the Doobie Bros and Chicago 5 as no longer available.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/search/adv_1/catnum_wpcr14/x_81/y_20/?fmtSacd=on

could be this is due to prep. for moving into BD-A domain? i believe there were some mumbling few months back from WB,
that they are preparing to some sort of bold move. in the light of UMG market testing, quite possible WB would
reissued previous prints of DVD-As as BD-As.

well, who knows. maybe they forgot about site, or would keep it running untill emptied their warehouse :)

Before moving into BD-A domain they'll have to remove those multi-channel mixes to save space. Or for whatever reason. Oh, yea, to respect the intentions of the artist.

Before moving into BD-A domain they'll have to remove those multi-channel mixes to save space. Or for whatever reason. Oh, yea, to respect the intentions of the artist.

haha!! can you imagine the lynch mob if Warner follow Universal's lead and drop the 5.1 mixes from their new BDA's under the guise of artistic integrity..?!?

no disrespect to the French, or their artists.. but it's one thing when Universal fail to include an existing 5.1 mix of an old Johnny Hallyday SACD when reissued on blu-ray but there'd be full scale riots if Warner were to omit their 5.1 mixes from new BDA's of things like Hotel California or Rumours..!!!!

:yikes

wherehouse.com has Rumours and Chicago V. I didn't check for the other titles.

Just ordered the Linda Ronstadt disc from amazon ("What's New"), making this the 6th SACD from this series that I have bought (along with Eagles, Donald Fagen, Fleetwood Mac, Yes, and Chicago)

Now if I can just find the Doobie Brothers and Foreigner SACDs for a decent price...

That's always the challenge once SACDs go out of print. Best to buy them when they first appear - and prices are reasonable! :)

Except I didn't think the prices on those were reasonable at the time. Only a couple of times did they dip into an acceptable price range, and when I did order the Doobie Brothers a few months ago, I never received my order but thankfully was refunded.
I'm not making the same mistake with these AF SACDs though! :)

Doobie Brothers SACD arrived today and Foreigner has been ordered!
(Goes along with my SACDs of the Eagles, Chicago, Linda Ronstadt, Donald Fagen, Fleetwood Mac, and Yes)

Not going to buy "The Doors" on SACD for three reasons:
1) Got the DVD-A in the "Perception" box set 2) Acoustic Sounds SACD is sold for a more reasonable price 3) It's not really surround at all…

Different reason for not pulling the trigger on buying the Deep Purple SACD, which is that another SACD already exists with the Quad mix, so which one to get?!
I'll wait until the Quad or 5.1 mix reaches Blu-Ray and then I'll buy the Blu-Ray version. (There can be only one!) ;)

Doobie Brothers SACD arrived today and Foreigner has been ordered!
(Goes along with my SACDs of the Eagles, Chicago, Linda Ronstadt, Donald Fagen, Fleetwood Mac, and Yes)

Not going to buy "The Doors" on SACD for three reasons:
1) Got the DVD-A in the "Perception" box set 2) Acoustic Sounds SACD is sold for a more reasonable price 3) It's not really surround at all…

Different reason for not pulling the trigger on buying the Deep Purple SACD, which is that another SACD already exists with the Quad mix, so which one to get?!
I'll wait until the Quad or 5.1 mix reaches Blu-Ray and then I'll buy the Blu-Ray version. (There can be only one!) ;)

FWIW, I prefer the Warner JSACD/DVD-A of Machine Head to the EMI SACD.. the fidelity of the 5.1 is sensational and infinitely superior to the Quad.. and I prefer the more modern mix approach of the 5.1 to the (admittedly more overtly discrete) UK Quad... take "Smoke On The Water", for example, the trademark riff is spread across the front on the DVD-A whereas its in the rear in the Quad.. the 5.1 is more authentic to the stereo, while still being immersive and engaging imho., it's quite undeservedly underrated.

So what would it take to get Sony back on board with a format they pretty much gave up on?

Sony Electronics continues to be supportive of both SACD and DSD. Sony Music is another story. They are licensing a number of their Multichannel albums for release by Audio Fidelity. As Warner Music is also doing. The question is whether Sony and Warner prefer the licensing route vs. issuing the albums on their own.

Given the quality and release quantity to date from Audio Fidelity on their Multichannel SACD series, I'm fine with the licensing route! :)

Back