Quadrophenia due out in October

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so ridiculous, either do or don't do the entire 5.1 mix and sell it at a reasonable cost...AAARRRGGG I'm so tired of this ridiculous record industry :(

There are some bad reviews at Amazon for this box set. Some buyers think the stereo mix is the same as the 1996 remix, or just slightly tweaked. Others comment on the incomplete 5.1 mix and the unessential nature of Petes demos (although I like them on the Scoop series but its what you expect, they are demo collections). Then there is the lack of full group outakes and alternate versions. The rereleased Odds and Sodds contained a genuine full band Quad outtake that I think is quite good. Then there are the three songs on the soundtrack lp. None of them are included on this "directors cut" set. Did the director pass out on qualludes?
Pete, you have really let your fans down. No way I will buy this box set now at this price.

Sure it could have been a better collection, but it's still worth every penny to me. This has always been one of my favorite albums and I value every piece of it. Hopefully Pete will do the right thing and make the rest of the album available in surround.

I gave in - looked at the amazon site to see if there was any update on this debacle. Noticed they had a used set for only £53 rather than £70 - from amazon warehouse. Ordered it at that price and coming tomorrow free delivery to boot....

I gave in - looked at the amazon site to see if there was any update on this debacle. Noticed they had a used set for only £53 rather than £70 - from amazon warehouse. Ordered it at that price and coming tomorrow free delivery to boot....

Unfortunately, they won't ship that cheaper one to the US, I tried to order it.

Completely random question, but is the native display on this DVD-A in 4:3 or 16:9? Thanks.

Thanks for answering my question. Kinda strange that a DVD would come out in 2011 with 4:3 backgrounds and menus...

Yeah, I agree. Seems to be a minimal amount of effort on the graphics. I think maybe I'm getting a little spoiled by the polished look of the Blu-ray menus.

What a disappointment compared to the amount of care that went into the Tommy DVDA, or the typcal Steve Wilson project....

I think Pete is a major tightwad, like ian anderson when it comes to offering the 5.1s dvd only as a part of a box set. What makes them think people are going to gobble these up anyway. Do they honestly think that's where the money is?

Blame the labels for forcing you to buy the box to get the 5.1 mixes not the artists.

I think Pete is a major tightwad, like ian anderson when it comes to offering the 5.1s dvd only as a part of a box set. What makes them think people are going to gobble these up anyway. Do they honestly think that's where the money is?

Yes, and the money is probably in the boxes as well. You wouldn't be seeing a ton of them every year if it wasn't.

Of course I was right - we authored it!!!
Just could not say so at the time.

How did this come to be a DVDA in the end, Neil?

Given that it's Universal and they ordinarily release 5.1 as DTS/DD DVD these days (other than the Rush stuff) it just seems odd they'd approach you to author it as a true DVDA.

Not complaining, just curious..

Sorry - cannot say. All I know is that we got a call to do it, so we said "certainly".

so, what are the chances we will see a full 5.1 release? I just bought the box so still evaluating the contents but Quad always seemed a natural for the 5.1 treatment.

I thought this was recorded in quad back in 1973. According to the Keith Moon biography Dear Boy it was. What happened to that ?

Back