MISC: Koss K/2+2 Quadrafones

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrockasaurus

If you have any more photo's or comments to make on this Quadraphonic unit please feel free to post them in this thread....:)

Koss K/2+2 Quadrafones (1973)

Rarity: RARE
Average Sale Price: UNKNOWN

Koss K2plus2 Quadraphones 3.jpg

Koss K2plus2 Quadraphones 2.jpg

Picked up some old Hi-Fi Mags...and just got a new scanner....:D

I sold all these back in the day. Have a pair of K6LCQ's and a pair of Superex QT4B's. There is virtually no front-to-back separation on quad headphones. These Koss models feel like boulders on your ears after about an hour. We sold tons of Koss, until people tuned into things like Sennheiser that were significantly lighter. Has anyone heard any Quad 'phones with good f/b separation? I don't remember any.

Like all those baseball cards you boys had, my Mom threw out all my back issues of hi-fi mags.

Linda

Slightly on topic, Koss did put out a sampler quad album to tie in with these phones. I beleive it has a few selections not released elsewhere. And, I have some Sansui 4 channel headphones a friend gave me to keep. I just realized I have never plugged them in and tried them! I assume I will have the same no front to back separation experiance.

Did any of these Quad Phone's ever work like they were meant to..??...I rarely hear of any mention of them, so I'd guess not.:(..

OK as a curio, but not something that you could use as an alternative to Quad Speakers...

Perhaps I'll invent phones for 7.1 or the new DTS NEO:X 11.1. It will be an entire room that you wear on your head.

Linda
Queen of Quad

Did any of these Quad Phone's ever work like they were meant to..??...I rarely hear of any mention of them, so I'd guess not.:(..

OK as a curio, but not something that you could use as an alternative to Quad Speakers...

Perhaps I'll invent phones for 7.1 or the new DTS NEO:X 11.1. It will be an entire room that you wear on your head.

Linda
Queen of Quad

Doesn't have to be a whole room Linda.....It could be a nice compact unit like those white pointy 70's hairdryers that fit over your head....and you hide the electronics in one of those 1960's backpack things the astronauts used to have....the retro appeal of such a device would be undeniable...:smokin

Last edited:
Here's a pair I bought just because I've become a quad junkie! The pads are as flat as the bottom of my feet ! But the case is great ! I do have a very nice (large , or maybe I just have a small head ) Toshiba headset that sounds great and weigh a ton. PART_1475587969298_IMG_20161004_063214.jpg

Back