What is the story behind your Avatar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldfield music has been a lifetime favourite of mine. I am an Oldfield collector. Simple as that really!!

This thread could go on for years!!

Duncan the Brit

Jethro Bodine cracks me up.

Tom in FL.

My favorite Jethro line was from when they inherited a castle in England and were going to become royalty.
Custom's Agent: "What's your name?"
Jethro: "Jethro."
Customs Agent: "What's your surname?"
Jethro (with a huge, proud smile): "Sir Jethro!"

He cracks me up too!

My favorite Beverly Hillbillies scene is when Jed and Jethro are shooting flies out on the garden wall about 100 yards away and Mr. Drysdale drives up.

Drysdale witnesses Jethro shooting one while it's flying and he asks "Wouldn't it be easier to wait until it lands?"

Jed says, "That wouldn't be very sportin' now would it?"

It made me laugh so hard the first time I saw it back in the sixties and it still does.

Doug

I used to love those shows. Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Green Acres. Hard to believe that was almost 50 years ago. FIFTY YEARS AGO.
Damn, that's depressing in a way.

Jed walks up to the kitchen sink, works the faucet spout back and forth a few times, and laments the well doesn't pump right and they'll need to get that fixed. That still cracks me up.

My avatar is the graphic from Wolf; Jerry Garcia's 1970's guitar (Alembic, I think). I believe it sold at auction after his death for $1M bucks.

I think I'll go have me some possum stew before taking a swim in the cement pond.

Pink Floyd has always been one of my favorite artists and "Wish You Were Here" is probably in my top three albums ever list. (Along with The Who - "Who's Next and Led Zeppelin II). Being one of my favorite albums and given the fact that it also was released in Quad back in the day, I thought it was a fitting avatar choice for this forum.

Ironically it appears Pink Floyd is using this picture (formerly on the back of the album) for the cover of the new "Immersion" box set.

BTW, it's off topic, I noticed that PF WYWH front picture on the cover differs from the quad one.
The stereo version has the man with his burning hand with his face shadowed, in the quad press you can clearly see him and that photo was taken from a slightly different point of view

I love QUADDITIES!!!!

Mine is the cover for an album by French singer Zazie, called Rodeo.
Available on MC SACD.

Find the picture unique and fascinating with her having been dipped in blue paint.
This isn't actually the exact picture used on the cover (see original below) but obviously taken on the same photo shoot.

2605.jpg

Having said all that, it's been my avatar here for awhile now. Time for a change soon.

Last edited:
Mine is from Shure HTS StereoSurround marketing material I got back from when I was working with them.

A while back, I worked in the mailroom of a large real estate firm. Max Baer Jr. had regular dealings with the company and one day called to ask if we received one of the FedEx packages he sent. Indeed we had I confirmed, all the time thinking how surreal it was to be talking on the phone with Jethro Bodine. After he thanked me, I was really tempted to say "my pleasure Jethro", but I didn't. I figured that might not be the most "professional" way of concluding the conversation. It's too bad because I left the job soon afterwards. It would have made a good story if I had gotten fired for that.

I guess I should address my avatar now that I'm here. Not much to it. For a while, you needed a certain amount of posts here before you could insert an avatar. When I was finally allowed to, I just drew a few swervy lines in a basic paint program making sure that the lines matched the light blue background color of the board. It was a very stream-of-conscious drawing and the original intention was to ultimately replace it. I never did.

I have had a crush on Capucine (RIP) , the french actress (Pink Panther, The lion, The Honey Pot, What's new,Pussycat?, etc) for a VERY long time. I find her fascinating. I have several Lobby cards, plus , something which I rarely collect, her autograph , to some "Karl".
She was a very good actress (did both drama & comedy effortlessly), is one of the VERY FEW French actors who did NOT have the typical French accent.
She did seem aloof , but never cold to me. According to Woody Allen , she was a great sport and took the crew around the Paris night life during the shooting of "What's New Pussycat?".
Since very few people remember her, I gladly post her as my avatar (and in SH.TV too).
And twisted as it is, I think we are related somewhere upline since we share a lot of physical traits..obviously I do not look like a woman (you have seen my video in you tube -One man band "I Can't explain"), but we're related.
They say she was a manic depressive...and I think we may share that too -I try to curb mine , but it comes out every once in a while.
And, btw, my moniker is not from the cereal(although I like those sugar bombs), it's from a contraction/degradation of "Capucine Crush".
Therapy time is over :)
(One more thing; we share the same name, it's just that hers is the French version and mine is the Spanish one...she HATED her name -according to her , it was too common in France and that's why she nicknamed herself "Capucine"...I do NOT hate my name...and it's not really common in Spanish)

I started using this avatar about 3.5 years ago, the day Toshiba announced it would no longer manufacture HD DVD players. I wanted something funny to acknowledge that event since it was the end of the format. Of course now to the 99% of people that never owned an HD DVD player, it means nothing, but I haven't been interested enough to change it to something relevant today although I am sure I will soon.

Jed walks up to the kitchen sink, works the faucet spout back and forth a few times, and laments the well doesn't pump right and they'll need to get that fixed. That still cracks me up.

My avatar is the graphic from Wolf; Jerry Garcia's 1970's guitar (Alembic, I think). I believe it sold at auction after his death for $1M bucks.
That was also the pre-internet avatar of the late Steve Wudtke, who put a sticker of that art on all his letters. RIP Steve.

Back