What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one came the other day, a disc I missed out on when it was available but has been a little difficult to track down. Lucky for me, a mint copy showed up on Amazon UK a couple weeks ago for a very decent price and I grabbed it!

Geoff Smith - Gas Food Lodging

And oddly enough, finally finding that disc got me wondering - what ever happened to him? Last album he did was in 1997. Did a little digging and lo and behold, finally some new music!
http://soundcloud.com/thegeoffsmithband

61Kv8xF6onL._SX300_.jpg

Fripp and Eno Live in Paris 1975 Opal 3 cd
Pre-ordered and waiting for it a long time and if you're a fan of No Pussyfooting it doesn't disappoint....

John Coltrane Ascension impulse cd
The antiphonal music of Gabrieli Sony cd

Stanley Turrentine Jubilee Shout. Blue Note remastered cassette
Best of Chieftains cassette
Various classical LPS some quad: SQ QS Quadradisc

Lunatic Soul, Walking on a flashlight Beam. Excellent album, sounds like the most coherent of the 4 LS albums so far.

Bjorn Riis, Lullabies in a car crash, nice album from the Airbag guitarist.

Freedom to Glide, Sick to Death, EP with songs from the forthcoming second album. Great stuff, and a decent follow up to their earlier EPS and debut album.

All three albums recommended for the proggers among us :)

Lily & Madeleine - Fumes

Folky sister duo, I liked their first EP and album so bought the new one too.

AKR128_Lily_and_Madeleine_Fumes-400x400.jpg

Yep. Mine's a mess (from Amazon US). Back it goes.

Wow - any word on if all the pressings everywhere suck or Amazon getting bad run.

Was looking forward to getting both, but will have to tick with IV

also

Snood added The 1st 2 Allman Brothers Albums in CD............Some great Stuff still

Still prefer the first over Idlewind South............both are great.

Lily & Madeleine - Fumes

Folky sister duo, I liked their first EP and album so bought the new one too.

AKR128_Lily_and_Madeleine_Fumes-400x400.jpg

And, how did you like the latest release....I really enjoyed their first full album and this one seems a bit overdone and commonplace to me...like they lost a big part of their previous rather unique sound.

Wow - any word on if all the pressings everywhere suck or Amazon getting bad run.

The chatter on the Hoffman forums indicates that the defect is on all (or nearly all) copies pressed for North American market. EU copies appear to be fine.

And, how did you like the latest release....I really enjoyed their first full album and this one seems a bit overdone and commonplace to me...like they lost a big part of their previous rather unique sound.

I'm enjoying it but I see your point too. This new one is a little more produced and they've gone for more of a band sound that folk duo. Thing is, if they just did as they did with the first 2 releases there would be complaints that it all sounds the same. I think it's a common thing for acts like them to add to the sound and they at least did a decent job of it - it's no commercial sellout kind of thing. Perhaps over time they'll find the best balance between the styles as some songs would be better if done a little stripped done.

The chatter on the Hoffman forums indicates that the defect is on all (or nearly all) copies pressed for North American market. EU copies appear to be fine.

Thank You - Took my chances and ordered from a seller in the UK that sends from the UK on Amazon UK. Cost a lil more, but would rather have a non defective disc.

Hopefully :howl

Last edited:
Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour 74 boxed set......YES-Relayer(cd/Blu ray set)...King Crimson-Starless box

Getting hoovered up listening to Geike Arnaert's new solo album"For The Beauty of Confusion". She was the former singer for Hooverphonic. I'm liking some of the songs.So glad to hear her crazy-lovely voice again. I missed her.
Phil.

Streisand - Partners Target edition w/5 bonus tracks

Melody Road - Neil Diamond Target edition w/2 bonus tracks. IMHO, the bonus tracks are the best things: Nilsson's Remember (Christmas) and Harrison's Something.

Rocks - Aerosmith Japan Blu-Spec 2 CD

Did I say I got MFSL's Judas Priest "Screaming with vengeance" and The Cars "Candy-O" on the Silver Label category ....???
The Judas Priest was a revelation...the lyrics are NOT FUNNY!!!! They were ahead of their time....
MOFI1-038-2.jpg

BTW , why don't the MFSL print a sheet with the Lyrics??? I still have the original LP WITH the lyrics...
MFSL1-324-2.jpg

Back