What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesse Baylin - "Little Spark" CD- the perfect antidote to all the Lana Del Rey nonsense. Great songs and production with a big nod to 60's orchestral pop - with string arrangements by Jimmy Haskell.

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother 2011 remaster CD
Marillion - Script for a Jester's Tears 2 disc CD

This really is my first time i visit here. I identified numerous entertaining stuff inside your weblog, particularly its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I'm not the only one getting all of the leisure right here! Preserve up the good perform.

This is another MUST HAVE my friends!

Paul Cusick "P"dice"

The artist is simply brilliant. As an added bonus, Gavin Harrison has a few guest appearances! :smokin

Duran Duran - Duran Duran (Japan Black Triangle CD pressing)

6677456311_a9937118f9_m.jpg

Gloria Estefan - Miss Little Havana

6651512997_29c71fd428_m.jpg

Mariah Carey - MTV Unplugged

6775154375_bba8ec42d9_m.jpg

Sting - ...Nothing Like The Sun (US DADC CD pressing, Columbia Record Club version)

6760622213_d22a7a4c39_m.jpg

Soundtrack - Top Gun (Japan-for-US CD pressing)

6789945813_724b0053b5_m.jpg

Level 42 - Staring At The Sun (US PDO CD pressing)

6834342847_ca62a92984_m.jpg

Mike + The Mechanics - Living Years (BMG Music Service version)

6834342929_63d8373f61_m.jpg

Dire Straits - Dire Straits (Japan Sanyo Target CD pressing)

6839240061_044770d0b4_m.jpg

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (RCA Records, Japan Denon CD pressing)

6839236273_eddbc65670_m.jpg

Shadowfax - Shadowdance (Windham Records, Japan denon CD pressing)

6839240159_5f02cd78d6_m.jpg

a few more arrived in the last few days:

Leonard Cohen - Old Ideas
Wire - The Black Session - Paris 10 May 2011
16 Horsepower - Live March 2001

Well, I picked up a copy of Paul McCartney's "Kisses on the bottom" and it is quite different.
His voice is very relaxed and at home on these old makeovers.
Well done and nice musicianship by Diana Krall.

"Experience Ovation 4 channel Quadraphonic Sound"
it's their second demo LP in my pile.
haven't yet listened but visually, albeit used, disc seems pretty much preserved.
first one in much worst condition.

Owen Pallett's "Heartland". He previously recorded under the name Final Fantasy. Heartland is great, orchestral pop. A CD that makes me think, "This would sound great in surround!"

Crusaders Ongaku Kai Live in Japan DBX lp
Music of Ibert, Honegger, Poulenc, and Satie DBX lp
Great Songs of the Beatles SQ sealed lp

Hi Linda! Yes it sounds great! So quiet and that rolling bass.
Another great one is the Police Zenyatta Mondatta. MY dbx copy is a little thrashed but you can really hear the intense low level bass on that one, probably the best I've heard so far. Again, some of the classical releases sound superb. The Cal Tjader La onda va bien sounds great and I bet it will smoke the sacd version although its only stereo.
When I get my refurbished sansui 9001 back I expect these dbx records are really going to smoke!

Just picked up Electric ladyland 2 disc set w/dvd, I understand is not all that good, but the album itself is terrific
especially at $4.99 ! New No one has int. left in the original master of guitars anymore. to my benifit.
also picked up band of gypseys

Back