What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
allman brothers seven turns...a little shocked how great it sounds! full bass not muddy and not bright like i find a lot of CDs to be...AND not compressed to sh^+...

image.jpg

CSNY 1974

CSNY 1974.jpg

Fantastic live music from 1974 tour.
The collection really shows what they were like back in their peak years.
This was the last time together until 1985 "Live Aid"
The package is well done and worth having in your archive. :smokin

Picked this up today at the 40% off CDs sale at FYE.

Attachments

• eddie_cruisers_II.jpg
    eddie_cruisers_II.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 189
Pretty Things - Freeway Madness 1973, Punch Brothers - Ahoy! 2012, John Hiatt - Terms of My Surrender 2014, Pat Travers - Crash and Burn 1980, Sound City soundtrack 2013, Beck - Guerolito 2005

From QQ deep space

With all 80's talk guessing what 80's albums Steven Wilson has done it got me to go through some different bands stuff cd's I had and one of the bands that I had not listened to in a while was Ultravox and I had some of these albums on record and some on cd and I was curious about their album return in 2012-Brilliant which I had not purchased.
Start searching amazon and I noticed there is a 9 cd(6 studio album and 2 live album set) boxset and sometimes it can be had for a very cheap price, had it in my wish list on amazon.uk and a couple of weeks ago went down to around $14 pounds price for 9 cd's so I ordered and just got in the mail.
This is the set, if anyone else is interested:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Albums-...1409171983&sr=8-1&keywords=ultravox+1980-2012

just listening to first album Vienna as I type and enjoying the blast from the past from one of the synth bands from back then.

peter

Doors - Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine. Remastered from 1972 recording. I've had the cassette since 1972, but only recently listened to it, and saw it was available in vinyl. Haven't spun it yet, so no review available.

The-Doors_Weird-Scenes-cover-300x300.jpg

Just splurged on the superb Box Set edition of Imogen Heap's superb "Sparks" release.
It's expensive but so good.....if only there were a complete surround mix! Even though it's (mainly) stereo only it is still very impressive in terms of sheer content - here's what you get:
The complete album on CD
The Sparks Video DVD - contains the complete album as music videos, plus full "making of" doccos for each & every song - run time around 5 1/2 hours in total.
A set of separate data DVD-ROM consisting (in each disc, one disc per track) of the following:
24/96 stereo mix
24/96 stereo instrumental
Stereo mp3 @ 320 kbps
Instrumental mp3 @ 320 kbps
mp4 HD "Making Of" Documentary
mp4 HD Music Video (original of the DVD versions)
Each of these DVD-ROM discs come in deluxe gatefold packaging in their own right & all of them contain extra goodies not available anywhere else.
There is a double vinyl included (very heavy grade) and a gorgeous book
sparks deluxe.jpg

Simply outstanding

Just splurged on the superb Box Set edition of Imogen Heap's superb "Sparks" release.
It's expensive but so good.....if only there were a complete surround mix! Even though it's (mainly) stereo only it is still very impressive in terms of sheer content

Simply outstanding

I seriously thought about getting that box set but it was just a little too expensive - a complete 5.1 mix would have gotten a sale from me though....I love her stuff. I received my 2CD set a couple days ago - it's the album plus instrumentals.

I was watching the webcast from her Roundhouse show yesterday too - she's a great performer, hope I get to see her again someday....the show I saw in Zurich was one of the most enjoyable I'd been to in years.

I think it's been YEARS since I've seen a movie and wanted the soundtrack (I think it was "Martha meet Frank , Daniel and Laurence" in 1998!...btw I never could find a copy of it)..
This one was out of left field---I really enjoyed the songs here...and Keira is not a bad singer!
R-5937482-1406802954-4969.jpeg

I seriously thought about getting that box set but it was just a little too expensive - a complete 5.1 mix would have gotten a sale from me though....I love her stuff. I received my 2CD set a couple days ago - it's the album plus instrumentals.

I was watching the webcast from her Roundhouse show yesterday too - she's a great performer, hope I get to see her again someday....the show I saw in Zurich was one of the most enjoyable I'd been to in years.

I agree it's a serious shame there are not many 5.1 mixes - there are 2 or 3, I think, hiding away on the 12 bonus discs (the DVD-ROM with 24/96 stereo/instrumental, music video & making of video (all HD) and the other assorted bits on those discs.

Back