What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R-1100529-1388179316-3710.jpeg.jpg

Another timeless classic that I haven't heard in decades. Decided a couple of weeks ago to learn to play guitar and thought this would provide some good inspiration. Understand it was recorded close-miked which makes the recording even more amazing. This is the 1996 remastered CD.

View attachment 18445

Another timeless classic that I haven't heard in decades. Decided a couple of weeks ago to learn to play guitar and thought this would provide some good inspiration. Understand it was recorded close-miked which makes the recording even more amazing. This is the 1996 remastered CD.

That certainly is a cult classic...he has a very unique style of guitar playing...I don't know if this version is better but wanted you to know it exists..there also is an interesting combination on this cd with some song samples below...and Leo has some air time on this one..which I've heard is quite good...just something to think about...

Just put in an order for this CD. I was inspired by Anthony Bordaine's show...as he had Queens of Stone Age lead singer on his show today...great show....great band. Never had this CD, but it gets amazing reviews and I always loved their left of center sound...

415bImZ4vqL._SX425_.jpg

Just put in an order for this CD. I was inspired by Anthony Bordaine's show...as he had Queens of Stone Age lead singer on his show today...great show....great band. Never had this CD, but it gets amazing reviews and I always loved their left of center sound...

415bImZ4vqL._SX425_.jpg

I used to make those "impulse" buys too...usually at 2AM...I hope this one works out for you but it has some pretty ugly numbers Here..I'm buying those vintage CD's now....

For those that frequent this thread very often realize that I'm sort of starting over again on my CD portfolio...I'm trying to approach it by doing research on the titles and get the best available version...exploring the Gold Cd versions when I can find them and when they seem necessary...I've already compared several Gold CD's..2 Dio Cds'(which I'm keeping)..a Gary Wright Gold CD which didn't make the cut...coming up are some interesting "face offs"...first is the 1986 Bob Seiger Night Moves Capitol CD with good numbers HERE vs the 1992 Steve Hoffman mastered DCC Gold Compact Disc which was made in Japan ...this should be quite a battle...

Another interesting "face off" involves Hoffman again...this time with less formidable competition...I have gotten tired of waiting for Mobile Fidelity to release this title on SACD...so now I'm after the best available copy...so the title is Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits...so we have the 2012 Audio Fidelity Gold CD mastered by Steve Hoffman against the CBS CK9463 CD(barcode 7464-09463-2) made in the US..respectable numbers here...

005.JPG

The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra "Plays Prog Rock Classics" - recorded at Abbey Road Studios - an unexpected bit of fun!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430245351.545910.jpg
Track listing;

1. ELP Suite: Tarkus/From The Beginning/Tarkus (Reprise)
2. Comfortably Numb feat. Ian Bairston
3. Thick As A Brick feat. Richard Harvey
4. 21st Century Schizoid Man feat. Gavin Harrison & Guthrie Govan
5. Focus II feat. Thijs Van Leer
6. Nights In White Satin feat. Mark Feltham
7. Think Of Me With Kindness feat. Patrick Moraz
8. Roundabout feat. Jimmy Greenspoon
9. Watcher Of The Skies
10. Red Barchetta feat. Adrian Smith

The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra "Plays Prog Rock Classics" - recorded at Abbey Road Studios - an unexpected bit of fun!

Ha! What an interesting collection. Please share your thoughts. Nice to see Gentle Giant represented amongst the more popular heavyweights.

Ha! What an interesting collection. Please share your thoughts. Nice to see Gentle Giant represented amongst the more popular heavyweights.

Only my first listen but the ELP suite and 21st Century Man are most awesome (21 has a cool little Jazz fusion break with Gavin & Guthrie). Some of it has that Broadway "overture" thing going on if you know what I mean but all in all, a pretty decent recording and performance

Those look awesome..any chance to listen yet?

I listened to one disc the day I received them...not bad...not compressed...they do show their age though...tons of content...decent numbers here .....this would be a great package to be given the audiophile treatment...just clean it up a bit..but at least it doesn't suffer from the modern compressed remastering approach...released in 1990

Back