What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great finds! Is the Band of Gypsys the European expanded on Polydor, or the domestic or European standard edition?

I'll respectfully disagree that there is a huge interest in the GREATEST rock guitarist that ever lived. Sony has embarked in a massive reissue program through their licensing agreement with Experience Hendrix, administrated by his sister Janie. Most have bonus tracks, many also have a DVD. I've picked up all the remasters, except the Winterland box. It is 4 CD's. I have an import box from several years ago which is 6 CD's. No, it's not a boot.

And I continue to burn the midnight lamp...

Just picked up Electric ladyland 2 disc set w/dvd, I understand is not all that good, but the album itself is terrific
especially at $4.99 ! New No one has int. left in the original master of guitars anymore. to my benifit.
also picked up band of gypseys

I have the Ryko single disc of Winterland and I think a cd single wth a few more songs from Winterland on Ryko. I bought the reissue of Hendrix in the West where they added three songs but substituted out two originals. No matter I still have the original vinyl. The last experiance release of studio stuff is pretty good too.

I bought both of those Hendrix Ryko's. They're winners! I have a box set with the full CD & a T-shirt. There's another Ryko title of Radio One broadcasts. I have a 3" CD single with material not on the full CD.

I assume you're referring to the expanded South Saturn Delta as the studio album.

I'd love to see Crash Landing re-released. I doubt that will ever happen. The family is against the postumous overdubs. Some of the tracks are out on other postumous albums. I have a Japanese CD of it. It is, of course, a cancelled CD-4. :howl

I have the Ryko single disc of Winterland and I think a cd single wth a few more songs from Winterland on Ryko. I bought the reissue of Hendrix in the West where they added three songs but substituted out two originals. No matter I still have the original vinyl. The last experiance release of studio stuff is pretty good too.

Yes linda I have both those Ryko Radio One s and the cool 3". I think it has a better version of one of the songs on it (can't remember the title). I have South Saturn Delta, didn't know it was expanded? I mean the new release last year Valleys of Neptune. I got it at target with two extra tracks well worth it.

Valleys of Neptune was in the first batch. It features one of Hendrix' best-ever tracks: Look Over Yonder, aka Mr. Bad Luck.

Playin' the violin, hittin' wrong notes.

Yes linda I have both those Ryko Radio One s and the cool 3". I think it has a better version of one of the songs on it (can't remember the title). I have South Saturn Delta, didn't know it was expanded? I mean the new release last year Valleys of Neptune. I got it at target with two extra tracks well worth it.

Speaking of the missing crash landing cd-4 it would have been cool to hear death in Mississippi in surround.

Wovenhand - The Threshing Floor

filling in a gap in my David Eugene Edwards collection

Great finds! Is the Band of Gypsys the European expanded on Polydor, or the domestic or European standard edition?

I'll respectfully disagree that there is a huge interest in the GREATEST rock guitarist that ever lived. Sony has embarked in a massive reissue program through their licensing agreement with Experience Hendrix, administrated by his sister Janie. Most have bonus tracks, many also have a DVD. I've picked up all the remasters, except the Winterland box. It is 4 CD's. I have an import box from several years ago which is 6 CD's. No, it's not a boot.

And I continue to burn the midnight lamp...

band of gypsys is evidently domestic, it was a used copy. EL was the 40th anv. edition with a dvd with his producer and others havn't watched it yet. But why so cheap lesss than $10.00 for both. Glad to see there still interest in him. Because of the low cost I thought no one gave a crap anymore. But how can anyone not like EL?

Got mine new for $7.50. Got it with Valleys, Axis & Are You all at that steal deal.

And I continue to burn the same old lamp...

band of gypsys is evidently domestic, it was a used copy. EL was the 40th anv. edition with a dvd with his producer and others havn't watched it yet. But why so cheap lesss than $10.00 for both. Glad to see there still interest in him. Because of the low cost I thought no one gave a crap anymore. But how can anyone not like EL?

Squeeze - Singles 45's And Under

6873961023_f756c6d606_m.jpg

Huey Lewis & the News - Small World

6903865859_b288e5df64_m.jpg

A-ha - Headlines and Deadlines - The Hits of A-ha (from Argentina)

6934367895_3a1bdc3c3e_m.jpg

Styx - Classics Volume 15

6817701832_539957f467_m.jpg

Yanni - Keys To Imagination (Japan-for-US Denon CD pressing)

6963902979_2f464b60c5_m.jpg

Pale Young Gentlemen-S/T
Edgar Winter-The Best Of Edgar Winter
Natalie MacMaster-In My Hands
Brian Wilson-Smile
The Cranberries-Roses
The Fray-Scars and Stories
Various Artist-I Am Sam OMS
Metallica-Beyond Magnetic
Ringo Starr-Ringo 2012
Barry Gibb-Hawks
Robin Gibb-Secret Agent/Walls Have Eyes
Grace Potter And The Nocturnals-Nothing But Water, This Is Somewhere, Grace Potter And The Nocturnals, 2011 Summer Tour Live (Bootleg)
David Knopfler-Acustic
Jethro Tull- J Tull Dot Com
Seal-Soul 2
Paul Cusick-P'Dice
Sum 41-Screaming Bloody Murder
The Black Keys-El Camino
The Flower Kings-Scanning The Greenhouse, Flower Power
Florence + The Machine-Ceremonial, Lungs
Nickelback-Hear And Now
Nils Lofgren-Old School
Scorpions-Comeblack

Plus many more, I am tired of typing :>)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I finally grabbed a copy of "Stand Up" by Jethro Tull.
I have one more to go to complete my collection.
Why I waited all of this time to get this one is just unspeakable! :smokin

Dream Theater - Original album series (contains 5 albums Images & words, Awake, Falling into infinity, Metropolis 2: Scenes from memory, Train of thought)

David Clayton Thomas self titled RCA Quadra Disc promo stamped copy, mint condition, appears so good like it's never been played. $8

The Quadraphonic World Of Broadway - Mantovani, Ted Heath, Edmundo Ros (London phase4quadraphonic)
albeit it's an eight track and i have no means to play this, anyway can't pass such deal at $1.99

Back