What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like one I need to acquire. He did some wonderful solo stuff and some great Utopia stuff, too. I especially enjoyed Deface the Music, his homage to the Beatles.

back in the day, the TR stuff was some of the best produced and sounding music available. I remember how it offered nice bass and had a full warm sound oppsed to other stuff of the same era.

Sounds like one I need to acquire. He did some wonderful solo stuff and some great Utopia stuff, too. I especially enjoyed Deface the Music, his homage to the Beatles.

The Hammersmith disc is really good, and can be had fairly cheap too. It's in some ways similar to the "Another Live" album and does share a few songs but still makes a good companion to that release.

Todd was one of my faces back in the 73-77 period...Wizard thru Ra...then I started losing interest.

Speedy Keen Previous Convictions first time on cd for this 1973 album
My Mind Goes High psychedelic collection Warner
Insane times 25 British psychedelic artyfacts EMI
Ah Feel Like Ahcid 24 american psychedelic artefacts from EMI
The Move Shazzam! cd reissue on the way!

Lee Hazelwood Singles, Nudes, and Backsides RSD double lp The LHI Years 1968-71
Joan Baez Diamonds and Rust dbx lp
various other classical quad and dbx lps

Talk Talk Colour Of Spring arrived from the UK today. This one spent 6 more days in the mail than Spirit of Eden did. It was shipped at the same time. More time spent in the mail equals more damage. Bent corner on the jacket. But actually I only bought the vinyl to get the included 24bit/96khz audio dvd.

Fashion - Twilight of Idols & Height of Fashion (replicated discs) and "Product Perfect" (CD-R, self financed by band member from CD Baby)
Awesome stuff, early to mid 80's ("Twilight of Idols was a 1984 release, and the second single from it "You In The Night" is one of the most beautiful sonds never to sell any copies - it peaked at 94 in the UK charts & got no airplay - yet should have sold millions.
I wager very few of you guys have even heard of the band though.....

Trust me - if you like this sort of thing give these a go.
US - http://www.amazon.com/Height-Fashion/dp/B00005N52G/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1335984586&sr=1-1
UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Height-...=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1335984628&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twilight-Of...=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1335984628&sr=1-3

Megan Reilly - The Well
third album by NYC based singer/songwriter, along with some really great tunes the album has some nice playing by Tony Maimone on bass (ex Pere Ubu) and on a couple tracks some guitar by Lenny Kaye

Starships by Nicki Minaj. CD single imported from Germany.

" **** who you want, **** who you like, there's no end in sight, twinkle twinkle little star "

Love it!

Jean-Luc Ponty - Imaginary Voyage
Montrose - Original Album Series (first five albums)
Robin Trower - A Tale Untold: The Chrysalis Years (first five albums)
Yes, I'm cheap. I already had Montrose s/t and Bridge of Sighs, but I wanted to expand my collection of these two artists, and the two compilations were inexpensive. Besides, it was the only way to get RM's Open Fire at a reasonable price.

a few more in the mail this week:

The Stranglers - Giants
Richard Hawley - Standing at the Sky's Edge
Richard Hawley - Live at the Devil's Arse Dec 5, 2008
Beach House - Bloom

Received this today from Japan. Shut Down. Nope, it's not quad. It's not even stereo. Sounds fantastic, very clear and smooth. I doubt it if the vinyl even comes close.

Lots of sound effects. You should hear the car effects intro to the Beach Boys: Shut Down. Sure beats the tired sounding stereo version, which is missing the sound effects.

Attachments

• shutdown.jpg
    shutdown.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 96
What stereo version were you comparing Shut Down to?
Track 9 on Endless Summer (I've got the gold version, but the standard version would be the same).

Stereo version playing time: 1:49, mono version on the Shut Down album 2:01.

Back