What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recent used vinyl additions, all original pressings:

cover_4113719102008.jpg

41C85MS3FZL.jpg

rage-against-the-machine_monkfire.jpg

03-67-the_who_sell_out-1.jpg

led-zeppelin-in-through-the-out-door.jpg

squeeze26539.jpg

Nice find Linda, I just listened to Downtown on youtube. I'd love to hear their version of Peter Gunn!

With paper bag and "magic" inner sleeve?

-Kristian

No paper bag. The store had 6 copies of this LP, including one with the paper bag, but that one was $40 and the record looked kind of beat. I went with the cleanest vinyl and mintiest jacket/sleeve for $20. They all had the original inner sleeves too, a couple of them had been transformed. The one I got is still black and white.

Been listening to many Booker/Foster Jewish comedy creations since they were released. Saw this once new at Korvettes, but never again. It may be awhile until I spin it, but I'll let you know. RECORD IS MINT AND COVER IS VG+. Artie Butler did the arrangements.

Nice find Linda, I just listened to Downtown on youtube. I'd love to hear their version of Peter Gunn!

With paper bag and "magic" inner sleeve?

-Kristian

I "colored" my magic sleeve when I got it back then.

:D

Still have the paper bag and mine has the "A" sleeve with points of view of the guy with a cigar and the laughing black girl at the end of the bar.

Doug

I "colored" my magic sleeve when I got it back then.

:D

Still have the paper bag and mine has the "A" sleeve with points of view of the guy with a cigar and the laughing black girl at the end of the bar.

Doug

I'm glad to have the set completed years ago, all the german pressings from "A" to "F". Took me more than ten years of occasional searching...

A pretty cool marketing trick, you'd never know with what version you ended, since you couldn't look at the jacket because of the paper wrapper.

-Kristian

I list this here because it's a "slightly better than CD quality" (44.1/24bit files) download,

Goldfrapp -Tales of us

R-4883213-1378592328-7438.jpeg

Well, for Will and Alison, it was either staying in the the "poppish/more commercial/sunny", or go all "Orchestral/String Section"...which is how they have gone now...

Me-"Hi , my name is kap'n krunch and I have a problem"

Everybody else in "Downloaders Anonymous"-"Hello kap'n..."

This is the first time I have downloaded something like this..oh well, I guess that is what surgery will do to you....but ,
in my own defense, I'll get the CD-LP, the bandanna, marble, all kinds of stuff that is not needed "but we had to put in here to overcharge you like hell "....
and the MCH DVD...yes, I did fall for it, hence my "confession"...

Anyway, while listening to it on the VLC, I get a very short "digital noise" burst between the files while playing them -actually , at the end-, that I don't hear when I use the Audio Editor program...

Listening now.

Like it. Good stuff.
At least it's not brickwalled...it IS however about 3-4 dBs louder, which I can see by the waveform, but I guess that nowadays , if it's not from Steven Wilson, you won't get a "brickwall free" mix

If they took advantage of the musical resources as it should be, this is going to be a "Mouthwatering Multichannel Feast"..yummy...

EDIT: a lot of acoustic guitar in this one...

Last edited:
Today's arrival:

Emiliana Torrini - Tookah
I got the "deluxe" digi-book edition with the extra track...like this record better than her last one.

top.png

Today's arrival:

Emiliana Torrini - Tookah
I got the "deluxe" digi-book edition with the extra track...like this record better than her last one.

top.png

Great to see a fellow fan, I ordered the vinyl edition...I really liked more than 3/4 of her last album and am very excited to hear this one :)

The new expanded release of Fleetwood Mac's "Then Play On" (1969), the last with Peter Green. Brilliant album, the expanded edition has all the UK & USA tracks, plus "Oh Well (Pts 1 & 2)", "Green Manalishi..", & a fantastic Danny Kirwan track "World In Harmony". Under £7 as well.

Again, since this is not a high resolution download, I list it here...
King Crimson- at La Riviera, Madrid, June 29, 2000

Been eyeing this for a while, and since I was front row for both Madrid shows (in 2000 and 2003), and , unfortunately they do NOT have the 2003 gig as a download, I said , "hey , what the heck" and got the FLAC version, which sounds great...albeit , since it's a soundboard mix from DAT (they were STILL using DAT in 2000???), the FOH mixer did not "separate" the guitars much so , if you want to tell them apart , you gotta listen to it through the headphones...except when the Frippster goes for his "string"/weird" sounds, when it's obvious it's him (and also, its phase is all over the place since when played in DPL, it goes to the rears).
Apart from that , it has a great sound, you can hear basically everything VERY clearly.
The gig was great ,and this being "Northern Africa"(Spaniards....they are deplorably stupid and inconsiderate "well I have my RIGHT to take photos...snort" ...sure, José, but take them WITHOUT a flash....they come out better!!!)there were some a**holes who took flash photos in spite of Ade asking them NOT to (hence, we didn't get "FracKtured"), some weird improvs and the LOUDEST "Heroes" I ever heard , as an encore..it was SO LOUD I had to plug my ears!!!

I tweaked the cover a bit and included the photo I appear in on the booklet of the "Eyes wide open" DVD---

Also converted the files to 48/24 and made a PCM Stereo DVD out of it....(I miss my PC-had to do it it Toast...would've liked to make a REAL DVD out of it....with chapters and everything since Toast has a default "1 second" pause between songs I had to make a BIG file ...)

The DVD is kinda weird since it doesn't let me fast forward it in one player(the cheapo Sunstech)..it DOES NOT play on the LG...and it only lets me FF it at 2x and 4x in the Oppo....

Beatles Capitol V2 (Japan edition) arrived today. Only $133 delivered, brand new. Amazing. This was $100 back when it was still in print. The obi shows a price of 10,000 yen. Check out the Help gatefold. The USA edition omitted that feature.

Attachments

• beatles_v2_unopened_edit.jpg
    beatles_v2_unopened_edit.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 104
  • beatles_v2_oopened.jpg
    beatles_v2_oopened.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 99
Today at the local Dirt Mall (Flea Market) I picked up Enoch Light and his orchestra Rome 35/MM. Now we all know that Enoch Light on Command records is Audiophile..and used test records for Quad. This record is totally clean!! I'm almost shamed to say I paid $.50 for it. Nice pressing as usual and the cover is in excellent condition. The Second LP I picked up for the same price was RCA Victor It's Magic/Marty Gold and his orchestra. I cleaned this LP and dubbed it pretty clean. When at flea markets I like to search for these type records knowing that most times they will be nearly new condition. Great Stuff.

"The Way Music was meant to be heard, One side at a time" Rhino Records

Last edited:
Cupboy
That's a real nice set of The Beatles!! The Box and all the cardboard albums just stunning..Enjoy that collection!

My latest Vinyl acquisitions are:
Elvis Costello Get Happy
Spirit 12 dreams of Dr Sardonicus
Traffic, John Barleycorn Must Die
Moody Blues To Our Childrens Children
Moody Blues In Search of the Lost Chord
Moody Blues Long Distance Voyager
Moody Blues Octane
Moody Blues Every Good Boy Deserves Favour
Moody Blues A Question of Balance
Moody Blues Seventh Sojourn
Moody Blues On the Threshold of a Dream

I have most of the moody blues on vinyl already, but these were a bargain at the initial bid of $5.99 + $4 shipping for the set of 8.

Back