What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snood said:
Dig the Mclachlan and Hall & Oates items :banana: - Ray Parker Jr & Raydio = Awesome........cept ghostbusters urgh

How dare you slander the Ghostbusters theme!

Bustin' makes me feel good!

I'm still in desperate search of the two different 12" singles of that song. Also the rare Cleanin up the town Bus Boys 12" Needless to say, I love that soundtrack.

Neneh Cherry - Blank Project

perfect music.

88f3ee24.jpg

Go away for a few days and come home to a full mailbox...

King Crimson - Live in Milan June 20, 2003
51IX32iAgFL._SY300_.jpg

King Crimson - Live in Philadelphia August 26, 1996
51h%2BxwHp4YL._SX300_.jpg

Jon Anderson - Olias of Sunhillow (SACD)
61AtV0PyuaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bob Mould - Workbook 25
bob13.jpg

Thalia Zedek - Six
105931.jpg

and another in the mail today!

Keith Emerson & Greg Lake - Live from Manticore Hall
(Ridgefield Playhouse, Ridgefield, CT May 8, 2010)

MICP-30056.jpg

Chicago-Live In Japan(new 2 disc version).........i'd read somewhere that this album was recorded quadrophonicall(true or falsw)

Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers featuring Edie Brickell - Live

CD/DVD set, the DVD does have 5.1 DD (haven't played it yet)

61mpG1EYkXL.jpg

Yeah, I probably would have bought that version but when I pre-ordered a couple months ago there wasn't a listing for blu-ray and I basically forgot about the album until it shipped.

Anyway, we watched the disc late this afternoon and really enjoyed it a lot. The 5.1 - well your basic audience in the rears thing so I guess saving 5 or 6 $ with the dvd over blu-ray probably made sense in this case.

So, not one to buy for the 5.1 but the content itself is great, really really enjoyable.

Al Tijuana and his Jewish Brass starring Lou Jacobi LP
Been looking for this for 40 years. Thanks to my BF Joe.
View attachment 11300

And it did chart for a few weeks, too!

Yesterday, found an amazing stash at a regional Goodwill of primarily what one used to consider 'avant-garde' or 'experimental' albums, kinda the precursors of stranger things to come (and whoever dumped it was an ABBA fan too, apparently). Also some Soft Machine, Boulez, Satie, Varese, Jarrett, Webern, Berio, and some others I'd never even heard of. Here's one ya don't see every day, at least not an original pressing:

CageA.jpg

ED :)

Picked this one up at FYE today. Excellent Kevin Gray mastering. This is a 1988 recording. I like this newer stuff. It features the hit "Jane Says". Those aren't real ladies on the cover. They are sculptures. Wax perhaps ... it doesn't say.

Attachments

• janes_addiction.jpg
    janes_addiction.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 182
I have found a few of those CRI label releases. You found a great stash. Of course, the question is how many times will you pull out those records for a listen? Especially John Cages minutes of silence. Oh for a quad mix of that..... :)

Wilko Johnson/Roger Daltrey "Going Back Home". Roger Daltrey sings very un-Who like on this great rocking CD, a very 'live' (single take?) sound, reminded me of seeing Dr. Feelgood back in the mid-70s. I saw Wilko Johnson at the Giants Of Rock Weekend in February, and he did a fantastic set then.

Aerosmith-Baying At The Moon(Boston Music Hall 3/28/78 ftom a WBCN radio broadcast).....Elton John-Goodbye Yellow Brick Road box set[the Aerosmith disc is a gray area release on the Smokin' UK label]

Last edited:
Back